Goku vs just about any single being

Topic started by 18hunt on Oct. 28, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Supreme Marvel said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@Sonata: And what about the training with hundreds of times gravity before they went SSJ. Or when they lifting giants, or when pushed a big rock IN the ground, as kid.... I am not saying they could play bowling with suns, but who know the dbz well and take seriously the 10ton is ridiculous.

I see Dragon Ball as more of a fantasy. He used his Nyoi-bō to go into space, all the way to the moon. Survived the vacuum and freezing temperatures of space. So I don't take DB seriously.

Of course, the comics and mangas are fantasy, they live with monsters and fly and such. I didn't mean "seriously" as a document film. I mean the 10ton is very few to earlier showings. When I was around 16yo it seemed obvious to me, and here adult ppl who analising shows, feats, debating and know the dbz well, still believe that wasn't just a joke scene.

@Sonata said:

@mypasswordis1234: Do you know how much those weights were? or how much the giant was? or how much the rock was? Heck how much does the Z-Sword weigh? Just because objects are big does necessarily mean they are extremely heavy. Also the 10 ton bit I believe is 40 tons on each limb.

Oh boy. Just because it's a fiction does not necessary change the whole physics. The rock is rock, the metal is metal(btw 2m3 from the hardest metal in that universe, goku easily thrown with one hand), the is brick is brick, the meat, bones, are meat and bones. We can estimate with that. You know what is easy even if it's big? THIS

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@mypasswordis1234: Physics...what about when they go into higher gravity? The blood would pool at their feet, not reaching their heart nor head. Result: death.

Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@mypasswordis1234:  I never said it did, I have lifted boxes that have been labeled as 100 lbs over my head with ease, but in reality it was only 10 lbs. In the recent issue of Superman, Superman wearing a bunch of machinery. It didn't mean much at first glance till you really it was the weight as the entire planet. Point is with some kind of a number its just Big Rock, An "OK" feat, but if it was labelled better, it would be a better feat.
Post by ReiKai (3,509 posts) See mini bio Level 10
On the issue of weights with the Kai's, it's still uncertain if he meant 40tons on each limb or just 40tons total. Even if it were 40tons on each limb, that alone shouldn't have been enough to make it hard for him to move. Not unless the same gravity conditions on North Kai's planet is the same as that on the Grand Kai's world. If that were the case then each weight may be between 100-400tons apiece. That would be more impressive, however such things generally go unexplained in DBZ. While that is one of the selling points (not treating every reader like a total dunce by explaining Every Detail), it also prevents us from accurately gauging the abilities of the cast members.
This is what get DBZ fanboys in debates, they post feats but don't truly understand the meaning behind a feat. Goku moving a "Big Rock" is a nice feat, but heck Chris Redfield from Resident Evil moved a "Big Rock." Does that mean in a battle in arm-wrestling that Chris and Goku are equals? What does it mean? 

@Supreme Marvel: @Sonata: Physics that effected on characters body is different... well, I could name a lot of scene where the physics was f*cked up, from dragon ball too, but there is every other comics.

This is different. If you say that the rock is not at the estimated weight as it would be in real, then I could say the moon which was destroyed by superman was not from rock, it was from cheese. And the Earth he lifted was much easier than the real version Earth. And if they stated that it's sextillion ton that was a lie. (cell lied too, so why not the scientist to be nice for superman :D)

The 100 lbs thing was maybe a human fail, but there is no label on rocks.

@mypasswordis1234: I brought the DB ones up and I stated I never took DB seriously as a science perspective. I saw it more of a fantasy genre for DB.

Here is the scan for Superman.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@Supreme Marvel: @Sonata: Physics that effected on characters body is different... well, I could name a lot of scene where the physics was f*cked up, from dragon ball too, but there is every other comics.

This is different. If you say that the rock is not at the estimated weight as it would be in real, then I could say the moon which was destroyed by superman was not from rock, it was from cheese. And the Earth he lifted was much easier than the real version Earth. And if they stated that it's sextillion ton that was a lie. (cell lied too, so why not the scientist to be nice for superman :D)

The 100 lbs thing was maybe a human fail, but there is no label on rocks.

Bingo, so that means that rock could have weighed anything 100 lbs 1 ton who knows. With that Box I could have walked around like a boss and no one would have realized the truth until I put it on a scale, and got the real weight. Goku's Rock feat is a good feat, but when debating something we more info than he just moved a big rock.

@Supreme Marvel: Just because they talking about science more, they also do a lot of mistakes. For example here, The metal that Superman grabbed should at least deformed from the effect of sextillion tons. The all-star superman version machine was seemed more real(just seemed, but thats also a great mistake).

@Sonata: You made me lol. Sorry, but this is not "who knows". Elementary school knowledge. The matters has ...(hmm which one the correct word in english)... specific weight/density. There are different stones also, but all of them heavy, and which is so big, surely more than 1-2-3 tons.

@Sonata said:

This is what get DBZ fanboys in debates, they post feats but don't truly understand the meaning behind a feat. Goku moving a "Big Rock" is a nice feat, but heck Chris Redfield from Resident Evil moved a "Big Rock." Does that mean in a battle in arm-wrestling that Chris and Goku are equals? What does it mean?

I think you are who don't understand, the density of matters, and the all rubbing force that makes it harder to moving... is much more than 40tons. How come Chris whoever here? Of course if they are on the same strength then they are on same strength(if he did the exact same thing)

@mypasswordis1234: What mistakes?

Except the metal is not state as something that could be bent and, as it was explained, it was a gravitational matrix so it's not actually physical mass that Superman was benching, but the equivalency of such produced via enhanced gravity. Also, by same logic, Goku's space ship on way to namek should've exploded from the inside when Goku turned up the gravity. All the controls should've been crushed and flattened, the floor splintered to dust and crushed through the bottom of the ship, the lifting bars and weights in those filler episodes all should've been turned into liquid metal puddles on the floor from the gravity, etc etc.

Comic Book Physics =/= Real World Physics.
Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14

-clears my throat- Ahem, let me present to you an incomplete list of those whom can beat Goku.

ZeedMillenniummon, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus, Moon=Millenniummon, Imperialdramon Paldian Mode w/ backstory, Alphamon, Omegamon (X version only), Death-X-Mon, Galactus, The One Above All, possibly Primal Dialga, Kyurem and base Omegamon might be able to with speed equalized via Absolute Zero/Unbelievably close to it freezing, NEO, Victorygreymon, Yggdrasil, Norun, STTGL...oh, and Kami Tenchi, ofc.

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Oh no they made Supes too strong again.

5:40-5:52 ^_^

@Supreme Marvel: Well, the all superpower is a physical mistake. :) And as they effect on the environment. But I remember well, when I watched the PC Superman feats... he blowing back the earth, destroying solar or galaxy system with sneeze... a lot of epic mistake, and they write a lot of scientific things. Somebody even wrote that the first comic books of PC Superman was like an educational book. Or a currently, most famous mistake is iron man... I hope you know why.

@ReiKai: IDK what they mean "matrix" but the gravity is effect all around it. If there is a machine that producing the gravity of earth it would pull to it everything. Mass=gravity.

I know there are mistakes in dbz too, but this one is not an unbelievable thing. They also on higher tech-level than us IRL, they have a metal which is unharmed after falling into the earth like a meteor, and Brief (?Bulma's dad) upgraded it. The floor and weights would also stay unharmed because the gravity effect on the object own weight. If the floor is 100kg in 10xG mean 1ton. That's not impossible. Just think about wood. It easy, but can hold much heavier objects. Again I don't say it's totally believable, but not complete epic fail.

Unless the gravitational field is contained, thus not-affecting local gravity, otherwise every space-ship with artificial gravity would draw every particle, rock and asteroid on its way right to it. Clearly you don't seem to know how science works.

@ReiKai: Contain what to not affecting local gravity? Or what artifact gravitational s.ship you talking about? The dbz ship? Even 500G would nothing compared to an Earth... Goku used max 100G. If the ship was 1ton thats 100 ton. Do you think that pull asteroids to itself?

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@ReiKai: It would be drawn inwards because of the gravity the ship is making being more powerful than natural gravity, resulting in it effectively functioning like a black hole in terms of gravitational pull, just not THAT extreme??

I get the feeling that quantum-physics and theory is going way over peoples heads. Good thing none of this shit applies to fiction.

Point: It works because that's how it's supposed to work. Gravity machines don't affect the Earth/Space/etc because that's how they're made. Trying to explain that with theoretical physics would detonate your brain cells. It's like Magic. I really doesn't require explanation of how it works. It just does.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel