Goku vs just about any single being

Topic started by 18hunt on Oct. 28, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by 18hunt (149 posts) See mini bio Level 7

IM TIRED OF IT, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE FROM ANIME VICE and COMIC VINE ARE UNDERRATING GOKU AND ANIME IN GENERAL. SAYING PEOPLE LIKE NARUTO CAN'T BEAT HIM (WHICH IS TRUE), THEN SAYING PEOPLE LIKE WEAKNESS THOR CAN!! (IM A THOR FAN-BOY AND IM SAYING THIS, THOR IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AGAINST GOKU, KAMEHAMEHA WILL OBLITERATE ALMOST ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 18hunt (149 posts) See mini bio Level 7

The things like juggernaut could beat goku pisses me off. I mean juggernaut has a small chance surviving goku and his 10xKamehameha, but when you say thor or even thanos can beat him, all i have to say is ssj3 (or if u like GT) ssj4 spirit bomb, dragon-fist, or kamehameha! any objections and I will prove you wrong. With one blast can Juggernaut destroy planets, no. Kamehameha, not even the strongest attack of goku's is so strong it OBLITERATES enemies!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,507 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Magikarp will beat him with splash attack

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,185 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Metapod beat Goku very easy

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,074 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

He was asking for that. Someone needs their diaper changed.

Post by taichokage (12,677 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Juggernaut does not have blasts. But with one punch he can. I feel your anger but you must not keep current in comics. Comics, most notably marvel have a very very common tendency to god mod their characters from their original selves. The fact is, Juggernaut can handle Goku. Whether he could beat him or not is questionable but for sure he would not lose in an encounter to the death. Juggernaut is powered by Cytorrak. A being that made Galactus powerless before him. Galactus consumes planets for breakfast and destroys galaxies as side affects in his battles and is capable of wiping out the universe excluding abstract beings and above. To give you an idea, Hulk now has feats of destroying objects twice the size of earth with a single blow, yet he usually loses or flees whenever he encountered the Juggernaut. Thor also is über powerful. He placed a barrier around 1/5 of the universe, he has official feats of collapsing planetoids with his fists and so so on. And Thanos is well known for fodderizing even the likes of Thor combined with dozens of other heroes. These guys are more powerful than Goku. If all you have to go on is the 90's cartoons, comics from decades ago or non canon movies as many online debators do, you do not have an accurate portrayal of most marvel/DC characters today.
Online Now

@taichokage said:

To give you an idea, Hulk now has feats of destroying objects twice the size of earth with a single blow, yet he usually loses or flees whenever he encountered the Juggernaut.

Sorry for being a tool here. If it was the meteor that was twice the size of Earth, I don't believe it had the size mass. I don't read Hulk, I only got told, so I'm probably wrong and they guy was just lying in a debate.

I know what you're getting at though. Hercules, I heard he got proper god mode recentlyish.

Post by Fehafare (8,552 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Lol at this thread.

Anime Vice have you fallen so low?

Online Now

@Fehafare: Just another one of them users.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Coming from a dbz fan. Goku can barely win majority over superman. Juggernaut would slaughter him if he could catch him.

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I once explained why i also think that DBZ is being underrated and if somebody wants to read what i wrote just ask :) as for Goku beating Juggernaut: I'm not a Juggernaut expert but looking at some scans on Comicvine that mofo stood up against Cosmic forces like Nightmare or Oblivion and has fought against powerfull Wizards and lived to tell about it. A guy with that kind of durability IMO is able to tank Goku's most powerfull attacks no problem. IIRC they are different version of Juggernaut right? Trion/8th Day/ each or them more powerfull than the next.

It's not that people are underrating Goku and DBZ. It's that, as far as it goes in fiction, DBZ only ranks about Mid-Level in terms of power. DC/Marvel, Tenchi Muyo, Saint Seiya, Cursed Sword and many, many others, all have characters in power rankings so far above DBZ that it's not funny. There really just isn't any middle-ground characters for DBZ to go against.

And, anyone who wants to g out of their way and bitch about someone from DBZ losing to the likes of Thor and Thanos, can go somewhere else to pull those stunts. That shit's not welcome and a complete waste of time.
Post by taichokage (12,677 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Gotta completely endorse Reikai on this one. The major problem with dbz debates is a massive fanbase for a very small character group comparably speaking, and vast ignorance of current comic knowledge. As already stated, a ton of debaters go by comics or cartoons they watched 10 or 15 years ago, or those with truly limited knowledge think that the even weaker movie versions they see on the big screen are original and accurate portrayals. Before I ever was an online debater, I had well over 300 comics, about 80% marvel and watched most of the 90s and 2000s animated shows, but still got schooled when I first got online. I just didn't know how much could have changed, or that half the stuff I read/watched was considered non canon. Bottom line is read or research before you take sides.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@18hunt said:

SAYING PEOPLE LIKE NARUTO CAN'T BEAT HIM (WHICH IS TRUE), THEN SAYING PEOPLE LIKE WEAKNESS THOR CAN!!

You make it sound like Naruto and Thor are anywhere near each other in terms of anything. You're getting mad because people say DBZ characters can get stomped by a lot of people. No one really said Juggernaut would easily beat Goku, they only said it was either a draw OR Juggernaut wins due to Goku being limited by his limited stamina and power. My favorite DC character is Wildcat (Ted Grant) and he can be easily defeated by almost any well known street level character in all of fiction lol (save for Hajime no Ippo or something). My favorite Marvel character is Spiderman, but most people can beat him too, my favorite Manga character is Josuke Higashikata, but he can be beaten by a lot of people too. If anything people are overrating DBZ by putting the character against reality warper, galaxy destroyers or extremely hax characters, when DBZ characters are just power houses with almost no hax at all. You don't need to make an entire thread because Goku or whoever else loses once in a while to characters that, no offence, most people on this site know almost nothing about except for scans they find on KMC forums.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ohgodwhy said:

Magikarp will beat him with splash attack

@Destinyheroknight said:

Metapod beat Goku very easy

LMFAO!

@18hunt:

Post by debeze (222 posts) See mini bio Level 9

comics are also overrated ... people claim that odin destroyed galaxies (which he didnt) and the comic book nerds manipulate words meaning

@debeze said:

comics are also overrated ... people claim that odin destroyed galaxies (which he didnt) and the comic book nerds manipulate words meaning

Post by debeze (222 posts) See mini bio Level 9

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD with glasses.

ALSO this site is retarded..you guys CANT DETERMINE WHO WINS JUST WITH STUPID SPECULATIONS

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY I JOINED THIS SITE AND THIS FUCKING CHARACTERS ARE ALL FAKE GROW UP AND STOP FIGHITING EACH OTHER FUCKING SHITFACE NERDS .

FUCKING MARVEL SUCKS AND THEIR GAYASS NERDY COMICS

BB

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I have a couple of friends who are still stuck with the old DBZ powerscaling and not long ago was in the same boat. I think people look at the early battles in DB/DBZ and see impressive feats and hear that a higher PL means higher everything like speed and strength example: When Yamcha and the Saibamen where fighting Gohan could not see them only when he used his energy would he see them, in DB characters where moving so fast that humans could not see them and this was all with very low powerlevels 100-200 ish. Now as the show went on and the powerlevels went higher and higher its not strange to think that characters are able to blast Suns after witnessing Master Roshi blew the Moon with a PL around 200 and Vegeta at 18.000 blew up a planet so its easy to think that a being with a higher PL could bust this and that.

But the show took a nosedive in power display. If you watch the early epiodes you see islands be blown left and right and talk about powerlevels and such but now you see Majin Vegeta and Goku SSJ2 fighing and you think...DAMN! those guys are like millions of times stronger than Frieza and the battle between Frieza and Goku was AWESOME! but in that battle the highest destructive thing what happend was Goku and Vegeta leaving some medium sized crater and there speed wasn't all that impressive and if you put those fight together than Frieza vs Goku was much more devastating witch ofcourse doesn't make any sense powerwise.

You see this in Comics to, you see the Hulk fight with some crazy strong opponent who can tank planet busting attacks and there's blood everywhere, buildings being blown up and both characters needing medical attention after the battle. The second time they meet its on a deserted planet and then suddenly....planet busting left and right acure, if you can tank planet busting attacks than no mere island busting attack or city busting attack isn't going to hurt you so you don't ever need to be afraid but they do, so when asked about this most people say thats because if the characters blow up Earth than it would create massive plotholes all the time. Then DBZ fans try to use the same logic to explain the low showings witch mostly ends up in a flame war.

Most people think like this:

SSJ = x50

SSJ2 = x100

SSJ3 = x400

Master Roshi PL = 200 = Moon Busting

Vegeta PL = 18.000 = Planet Busting

Goku SSJ = 150.000.000 = ???

If we use Goku's last known official powerlevel and ignore all other increases in power he might recieve and only add the SSJ multiplier than:

Goku SSJ2 = 15.000.000.000

Goku SSJ3 = 6.000.000.000.000

So when they see/use this and look at the difference between Vegeta and Goku SSJ3 powerlevels and what Vegeta could do in terms of strength/speed and energy attacks its understandible for them to jump on the *Goku SSJ3 = Galaxy Buster bandwagon* as Goku SSJ3 is millions of times stronger than Vegeta. DBZ is also full of inconsicenties and plotholes that make it hard to make sense of it all. So most people use the.....Pre Recton DBZ and apply those scalings to meassure there power. IMO i think DBZ is alot stronger than some people i know think but in general they would lose against the comics universe.

In some battles i think its best to give as much info as possible to avoid some flame wars. If you for example make a Goku vs Thor battle than the OP should write witch version of Thor should be used. To many tread exist with just Thor vs Goku, it won't take long before some user post a Thor scan/feat from the 50's where Thor travels between galaxies in mere seconds or lifts or headbuts some planet or some other crazy thing and end the tread in spite. IMO i think DBZ would do good against some famous comicbook characters under the right conditions but DBZ fans also have to understand that DBZ is not winning against hax characters as DBZ has little to no awnser to those. DBZ is mostly filled with characters who are just strong and doesn't have any real awnser against guys like Martian Manhunter's Telepathy/Silver Surfer's Molucule Powers or Black Holes/Dr.Strange's Magic etc.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel