Goku VS Binary

Topic started by ArtsyGal on Nov. 1, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Sonata (35,000 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The Spirit Bomb killing evil characters is a myth. Frieza survived. 
Post by taichokage (11,374 posts) See mini bio Level 20
But it hurt him immensely where all his other attacks failed. The problem was it was a relatively small Bomb that he used there compared to his later ones, and at that point, Frieza was leagues more powerful than Goku. The fact that he later killed Majin Buu with it, despite him being around 1000x more powerful than Frieza shows that it can work and possibly lives up to its hype.
@taichokage: The one Goku used on Frieza used the energy from the Solar System, while the one he used on Majin Buu gather energy from the planet earth. Majin Buu was actually moving the Bomb away and was beating Goku in the tug of war. If it wasn't for the Dragon reviving Goku's power to push it back it wouldn't have worked.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,718 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata: Come to think of it, before Buu did the spirit bomb ever actually... work? It didn't beat Vegeta, it didn't beat Frieza... Who did it work on? Buu? Wasn't that a super spirit bomb? lol

@MarioRedfield: No it never did, Though it hurt Frieza he was still able combat Goku even when he was a Super Saiyan. Krillin used Goku's spirit bomb on Vegeta, but Vegeta still got up. Its not an auto-kill against evil characters, it was mostly bad writing killing Kid Buu. 
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,635 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Sonata said:

@taichokage: The one Goku used on Frieza used the energy from the Solar System, while the one he used on Majin Buu gather energy from the planet earth. Majin Buu was actually moving the Bomb away and was beating Goku in the tug of war. If it wasn't for the Dragon reviving Goku's power to push it back it wouldn't have worked.

Excellent point.

There are billions of inhabitants on earth and most of the z warriors gave their energy. Against Frieza, the only known contribution was the few dozen namekians left alive. We don't know who might have been on the other planets if anyone at all. Even if there were inhabitants they almost certainly were not near the level of the z warriors, let alone from the Buu saga. Also, it did still kill Majin Buu whereas it failed in the past. The reason it wasn't working was because Goku was already weak and couldn't support his own attack properly.
@taichokage: The Spirit Bomb does not just take the energy from people, It take the energies from nearly everything from animals to water to trees. The Spirit Bomb used on Frieza gather all that energy from the solar system, but it wasn't enough. Its a major plothole that the bomb effected Majin Buu because Gohan at the time was far stronger than Kid Buu anyway that energy alone plus the energy from the Z-fighters should have been enough to over kill Kid Buu.
Agree with the second part, but all I can say is that it took out Majin Buu. The fact that it didn't take out Frieza means either Goku didn't have as much energy to harness (he probably doesnt get as much energy from inanimate objects) or he wasn't as skilled with it at the time or it was PIS. But all in all I'd say it's a competent attack. In the 4 times it was used including GT, it worked sufficiently well 3/4 times. Only against Frieza did it outright fail and even then he was badly injured.
Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

The fact Goku killed Buu is alone is a plothole, because AT wanted Gohan to beat Buu. He changed it for the fans of Goku. They could just tell Kibitoshin to IT Gohan there and problem solved.

Post by debeze (222 posts) See mini bio Level 9

the spirit bomb used against buu was way stronger... energy from all the people of earth. namek and .. the spirit bomb against frieza was weak there wasnt many living things .. he had to gather energy from other planets it was not strong enough

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Not even going to bother with the Genki-Dama BS. Anyway, Binary is in the cosmic-class of heroes (around Herald level cosmic, not Abstract level). She has greater strength and energy projection abilities while as Binary, and can survive indefinitely while in a vacuum. Strength wise I would not put her as high up as Goku, however that is not much of an advantage over Binary who can legitimately fly in space.

As to the question of whether or not she can absorb ki, as it has not been demonstrated in the comics (ie, someone like Iron-First hitting her with a chi charged fist and absorbing the chi), then for as far as I can say, she should not be able to. One of the things about Carol's energy absorption is that she doesn't know what forms of energy she can absorb until she's hit with them. So she generally has to get hit with some form of energy attack or another in order to discern if she's even capable of absorbing it.

One thing about absorbing energy with her is that it can hurt her if she takes too much or exerts herself beyond a certain point. However she has shown she can absorb the nuclear fission of a star and did so while helping Quasar stop the anti-fission bomb reaction that was shot into the sun, which would cause it to burn out faster and become a super nova and destroy our solar system.
Post by SilverGalford (2,925 posts) See mini bio Level 11

1. By the "trolling" original definition, you are the biggest troll in this side I have seen yet.

2. He may picked on you because you cannot debate just downplaying characters every time and speak disrespectful.

3. I am gladly leave this site if even a moderator stand on a childish whining troll's side.

1- troll is someone who shows how weak your character is or someone who is in favor of comics characters when the other character loses obviously ? is that your definition? by your stupid created definition , the ones in favor of Binary are trolls .

2- Spike , quit hiding ,the only one who can post in that way is only you . i can feel your ki . Stop being an hipocrite . you hate DC and Marvel character too much.

3 -what are you waiting for then Spike? , haven't you had enough of this nonsense? when will you grow up? kiddie?

childish whining troll's side.

LOL! you are the one insulting , and then you called me childish? hahahahahahah , this is too awesome.

as for the spirit bomb , buu was able to hold off that power (even powered) for some minutes. so if there is someone stronger than buu , he can tank the spirit bomb.

YAAAWN

@ReiKai: Not even going to bother with the Genki-Dama BS

Explain i wanna know ;0

@SilverGalford: Why didn't you reply me when quoted me? You edited your post again and I can't see what was it originally. :)

1. You guessed wrong the definition. And you wrong also in: Not weak, not my character, not loses, not obviously and I didn't create a definition for troll. Educate yourself if you want, but I doubt.

2. Do I need to say this? I am not "Spike", you better stop this because it's make you even more ridiculous.

3. When will I grow up? Some years later again after I reincarnate in a child's body. You asked this from "Spike" I answered for fun.

Of course you don't see your biggest personality fails, the crazy people always sure in that they are not crazy.

Buu was holding back the Genki Dama, because Goku was out of energy. A bread is nothing for the knife, but it won't slice it unless I have the energy to move the knife with a certain strength. :)

Edit: grammar

goku IT behind her *snaps neck*

if that doesnt work they become friends and fight toghter against evil and have children

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@debeze I like the second part. Nice happy ending to this decent thread turned shitstorm
Post by SilverGalford (2,925 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@SilverGalford: Why didn't you reply me when quoted me? You edited your post again and I can't see what was it originally. :)

1. You guessed wrong the definition. And you wrong also in: Not weak, not my character, not loses, not obviously and I didn't create a definition for troll. Educate yourself if you want, but I doubt.

2. Do I need to say this? I am not "Spike", you better stop this because it's make you even more ridiculous.

3. When will I grow up? Some years later again after I reincarnate in a child's body. You asked this from "Spike" I answered for fun.

Of course you don't see your biggest personality fails, the crazy people always sure in that they are not crazy.

Buu was holding back the Genki Dama, because Goku was out of energy. A bread is nothing for the knife, but it won't slice it unless I have the energy to move the knife with a certain strength. :)

Edit: grammar

1- i didn't guess anything , you started attacking . i prefer to type just your "character" instead of your "favorite character." besides i was in a hurry.

and I didn't create a definition for troll.

1. By the "trolling" original definition,(i wasn't trolling) you are the biggest troll in this side I have seen yet.

yet you did it. either you are using the definition wrongly or you believe that definition can be applied to me when i wasn't trolling.

in this case, for you trolling is someone who believes Binary owns Goku or someone who believes Goku cannot tank a planet explosion .

2- the only dbzfanboy worried about grammar and who likes AnimeVice is Spike , yes you are.

3 - i don't think you will go too far.

a bread is not Buu , and a knife is not Goku . a bread cannot hold off the knife by itself like buu , it's a inanimate object . not a good analogy.

Nice happy ending to this decent thread turned shitstorm

courtesy of mypasswordis1234 AKA Spike

@SilverGalford: 1. I asked something, got answer then I wrote my opinion, that's all. You answered me with an irrelevant disrespectful downplaying bullsh1t. I am who could say you "attacked". And neither Goku is my favourite character.

You changed my quote. I just said by o.definition you are the troll. There are people who think posting irrelevant comments in thread is trolling(as we both doing now) and there are who write trololol when he shoot you down in an FPS game. In your view maybe I am trolling, whatever.

" for you trolling is someone who believes Binary owns" LOL it's go back to you. You started call me troll, so you think the troll is who believes Goku can beat somebody in a battle.

2. You can see I changed 2 mistake: "Am I need to" to "Do I need to" and "I bread" to "A bread". Mistakes that change the meaning of sentence. My grammar is not perfect I am not English. I am spike in your eye, lol, ok.

3. Yeah, I am atheist too.

"a bread is not Buu , and a knife is not Goku " You don't say?

"a bread cannot hold off the knife by itself like buu" *facepalm* We have to slicing with the knife because it just stand on it with its own 0,5kg weight. It hold off as easily as a road a car. It's the most simply, perfect analogy for it. Btw the knife is really not Goku, the Genki Dama is the knife, Goku is the user.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel