Goku, Vegeta, & Trunks SSJ4 verses Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Topic started by xXZeroXx on Sept. 22, 2011. Last post by Endlesscreator 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

the Anti-spirals can alter time, space and reality (0:18 in the video below). I don't think it would be difficult to alter the appearance of things for the effect.

altering things is something that even franklin richards can do , nothing impressive. and when did they alter the universe?

that universe would be like going for a walk for franklin richards. it's so easy to alter. if the universe was altered then you can't compare sizes. galactus in that distorted universe would look bigger than those robots.

besides they can alter time, space, and reality, but they can't alter the robot?, they have that power and they have to fight hand to hand and with lasers?.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Hellos said:

@Sonata said:

@DJSNuva1: That is for animation purposes. if the Earth was really a spec like it should then we the viewer would have no clue what it was.

Except if the Mechs were anywhere close to as big as the galaxy shuriken imply, that would make anyone on Earth have an INCREDIBLY difficult time making the mechs out.

Heck I could poke a dozen more holes, from light's traveling speed to how fast the mechs themselves were depicted as. Any actual solid sized object, that we knew how big it was, consistently showed said mech to be MUCH smaller than a galaxy.

@cfatalis said:

10 million light year is the size written in the databook, therefore it is the author intent , therefore its the correct size for TTGL. There is a reason why author clarification is called the word of god

Can't call it the word of God, when the word of God doesn't match up to anything that is actually depicted in said scenario.

Heck the big final drill off further grinds the point home that said number is bonkers.

The TTGL is not a mech perse it is vast materialized spiral power.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@SilverGalford: Since when were Franklin Richards and Galactus in this battle?? This is the TTGL and three Super saiyan fours one of which is not even a real character.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm not saying it makes sense, it's just the way the show portrays things. They alter space in this encounter. The antispiral makes reference to it at the beginning of the video. He changes the density of space with antispiral energy and it sucks the ttgl folks down like water. And besides, if we want to assume all imagery in anime is to be taken literally, I think the conclusion can be made that any anime that has tit-bouncing and waving fan service has a lower gravity than ours. Why else would tits move so freely?
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata said:

@SilverGalford: Since when were Franklin Richards and Galactus in this battle?? This is the TTGL and three Super saiyan fours one of which is not even a real character.

To compare sizes and powers but i think that's not important.

@Fail271 said:

I'm not saying it makes sense, it's just the way the show portrays things. They alter space in this encounter. The antispiral makes reference to it at the beginning of the video. He changes the density of space with antispiral energy and it sucks the ttgl folks down like water. And besides, if we want to assume all imagery in anime is to be taken literally, I think the conclusion can be made that any anime that has tit-bouncing and waving fan service has a lower gravity than ours. Why else would tits move so freely?

let me give you an example :

imagine that i'm a robot like the size of a planet , then in outerspace i alter everything around and galaxies begin to appear, but they are smaller than the planet earth. what can we conclude? with some kind of power i shrank those galaxies. so that doesn't make you galaxy sized . it's not that you have to take anime literally , but a galaxy is a galaxy ,and a distorted galaxy is a distorted galaxy ,it's not the same if we want to talk about the size. in fiction i can call a door a galaxy , but i'm not going to compare that "galaxy" to Marvel and Dc galaxies.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Are you referring to the galaxies that appear after TTGL is shown growing out of a galaxy? Just curious.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata said:

The TTGL is not a mech perse it is vast materialized spiral power.

Even ignoring it's mechanical components that are it's building blocks, it was still being piloted, firing missiles and the like.

If it looks like a giant robot, acts like a giant robot and has people shouting inside it's cockpits, then is it fair to call it indeed, a giant robot?

@Fail271 said:

Also, the Anti-spirals can alter time, space and reality (0:18 in the video below). I don't think it would be difficult to alter the appearance of things for the effect.

As for the mini galaxy argument, start at :30 in the video below and watch the progression in size. Broken down: Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren = Planet sized, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = Large galaxy sized, 10 million lightyears tall, making it 100 times the size of the Milky Way (which is, according to the wiki, a mass of materialized spiral energy), and then if you wanted to step into the TTGL movie, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = Roughly 100 times the size of the previous form.

WIki: http://gurrenlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann

Video:

What possible motivation could they have had to make everything appear much smaller than it was? Or in the case of their home planet, nearly as large as a Galaxy(Don't let that fool you when Simon is heading straight for it!), yet smaller than Earth?

So a planet sized mech fits just fine inside a multi-galaxy sized mechs head? Cool.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Hmm... I was always under the impression that planets did fit in galaxies. Regardless. I'm in the process of trying to find scans of the infamous data book that has been referred to many times on this site.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fail271 said:

Hmm... I was always under the impression that planets did fit in galaxies. Regardless. I'm in the process of trying to find scans of the infamous data book that has been referred to many times on this site.

Yes, plenty. They just don't tend to be thousands of light years in size.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Don't worry, ttgl isn't thousands of light years in size either. I've seen you in debates about this before. Surely you've seen the stats that are supposedly listed in the mysteriously elusive data book.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

So a planet sized mech fits just fine inside a multi-galaxy sized mechs head? Cool.

i don't understand

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Hellos said:

@Fail271 said:

Hmm... I was always under the impression that planets did fit in galaxies. Regardless. I'm in the process of trying to find scans of the infamous data book that has been referred to many times on this site.

Yes, plenty. They just don't tend to be thousands of light years in size.

hey hellos , that robot is not omnipotent right?

Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@SilverGalford: Why would it be? I'm pretty sure that that is never stated.
Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Definitely not omnipotent. Just big.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Fail271 said:
Definitely not omnipotent. Just big.
Agreed.
Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@SilverGalford: also, ttgl doesn't alter space to begin with. The antispirals do. Further, ttgl is far larger than a planet to begin with, even looking at it the way hellos does. As for it being a distorted galaxy, why would the antispirals distort a galaxy to look smaller when they are obviously trying to display their power? Not to mention, just to really give you something to explain away, if earth is right there the whole time, 1) why don't you see it until 5:40 in the video I posted? 2) why are they so shocked to see it? Nevermind the fact that they directly call it a Space-time distortion.
Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sidenote @anyone who thinks the name Franklin Richards in the context of this thread: do you remember Franklin Richards having anything to do with the ttgl universe? I certainly don't.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fail271 said:

Sidenote @anyone who thinks the name Franklin Richards in the context of this thread: do you remember Franklin Richards having anything to do with the ttgl universe? I certainly don't.

galaxies like shurikens? pls. i don't know why that robot is so overhyped.

as for this thread , if goku can teleport the pilot or kill him inside that robot , he wins

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

why don't you see it until 5:40 in the video I posted? 2) why are they so shocked to see it? Nevermind the fact that they directly call it a Space-time distortion.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@SilverGalford: I'm not entirely sure how you missed the part when the current form of Gurren Lagann went into the mouth of TTGL, but maybe you should watch it again. I will agree that it is overhyped. I actually only moderately liked the show. Regardless, I'm not really sure why there is such controversy over it's size. Why would the creator even portray it as galaxy sized if it wasn't?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel