Goku, Vegeta, & Trunks SSJ4 verses Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Topic started by xXZeroXx on Sept. 22, 2011. Last post by Endlesscreator 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DJSNuva1 said:

@Hellos: I was unaware of that. So... Those galaxies aren't the size of real galaxies?

Well you be the judge. Because honestly, calling them Star Sized was incredibly generous.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DJSNuva1 said:

@Dartz: SSJ4 Goku was cut by glass.

and struggled to lift a building.

I was unaware of that. So... Those galaxies aren't the size of real galaxies?

check this :

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-vs-galactus/322977/

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I wouldn't bet on the mech not being galaxy sized. Its obvious that it is and the creators of the show would have no reason to be "Hey for the series finale lets give em a galaxy sized mech to end things with a bang! on second thought, lets make it star sized and make it look bigger because apparently that is a lot more badass!" No, see, that would never happen. I believe 100% that it is galaxy sized and no amount of argument will convince me otherwise
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Haofan123: Hellos has a valid point. The Earth is WAY too big in that scan for those to be regular sized galaxies. Calling them star sized is very, very generous. In fact, I would call it a blatant lie. They're more like a couple times the size of Earth. 

Alright, now look at this; 

That's how big the sun is compared to Earth, in reality. A galaxy is millions of suns. Now are you about to seriously tell me that those galaxies are full sized? Look, you can argue an opinion all you want, but you can't argue with a fact. This is a fact. I'm glad Hellos brought this up...
Post by maigret (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

i dont like them but i believe the sayians.......each one of them has a power of 400.000.000 points when you need 30.000 to destroy a planet.....as for Goku and the glass buisness,he was injured or something?

Post by Sonata (35,184 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

@DJSNuva1: That is for animation purposes. if the Earth was really a spec like it should then we the viewer would have no clue what it was.

Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Sonata said:

@DJSNuva1: That is for animation purposes. if the Earth was really a spec like it should then we the viewer would have no clue what it was.

I disagree, comics don't do that. Those are tiny galaxies, and the scale proves it. Can you prove that that animation is for animation purposes?  

Oh and did FLCL1 get banned?

@DJSNuva1 said:

@Sonata said:

I disagree, comics don't do that. Those are tiny galaxies, and the scale proves it. Can you prove that that animation is for animation purposes? Oh and did FLCL1 get banned?

that's a good point that hellos has made , i couldn't understand at the beginning but now i can .

let's say those "galaxies" look like real galaxies, ok?, if that were true the earth should be a spec or just a point in the space,but on that image as we can see it looks bigger than one galaxy and almost like the same size of other galaxies. not even the sun of the solar system is bigger than a galaxy and this sun is bigger than the planet earth.

now let's say the earth was so far away of those galaxies that the earth was more visible than those galaxies, then it would be believable that those galaxies looked like real galaxies.but again, at a long distance those galaxies would be still big and not visible. (just like any planet being focused so close in many animes you can't see any galaxies around because they are so far away and they are bigger than the planet earth)

this is more like this thread :

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/arm-wrestling-contest-featuring-superman-arale-and-others/325286/?

the Sun from the arale verse is not same as the Sun from the Marvel and DC universe, both are differents. the same here , those galaxies from the TTGL universe can't be compared in size to the galaxies from Marvel and DC universes. hellos was right, the size was distorted.

the only thing that comes to my mind is that those galaxies were just illusions or tiny galaxies as DJSNuva said, something that franklin richards can create with ease.

i'm not going to watch the whole serie, but i guess this is enough :

stop at 1:08 , yeah it's so very "star sized" that humans can see that robot, just like the EVAs. thanks gainax.

it looks like this anime used some kind of toon force.

and BTW who said that robot was omnipotent? that's ridiculous.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,173 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SilverGalford:  
Let not forget that they have the power of a Galaxy in them

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SilverGalford: Let not forget that they have the power of a Galaxy in them

look at the pictures and the video , that's the size of a galaxy? having the power of a galaxy doesn't make you like the size of a galaxy.

that's one thing , and using a drill to beat his opponent ? come on. that's the power of the great tengen toppa gurren laggan? even the silver surfer has better feats.

@SilverGalford:  
I said they have the power of a galaxy, I didn't say anything about there size (also they don't just use drills for attacks)
@SilverGalford:  
Also toon force is for comedy, not for action  

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SilverGalford: Also toon force is for comedy, not for action

judging by that battle, it looked like that.

@SilverGalford:  
Not really, the only part  seem like that is Lordgenome drill thing
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

So, are you saying that the creator is wrong when he said that TTGL is 10 MILLION light year tall? You sure know a lot about the series, more than it's creator

@cfatalis said:

So, are you saying that the creator is wrong when he said that TTGL is 10 MILLION light year tall? You sure know a lot about the series, more than it's creator

actually we were talking about the size of that robot , as for the power , that drill doesn't look so powerful in my opinion.

(those galaxies around don't make the battle look so impressive because the size was distorted ) and as i said , silver surfer has better feats.

i'm not saying i know more than the author , but the author missed some details on his anime ( specially the size part )

another funny thing was someone said "simon is omnipotent and he dies of old age". lol.

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SilverGalford said:

@cfatalis said:

actually we were talking about the size of that robot , as for the power , that drill doesn't look so powerful in my opinion.

(those galaxies around don't make the battle look so impressive because the size was distorted ) and as i said , silver surfer has better feats.

i'm not saying i know more than the author , but the author missed some details on his anime ( specially the size part )

another funny thing was someone said "simon is omnipotent and he dies of old age". lol.

10 million light year is the size written in the databook, therefore it is the author intent , therefore its the correct size for TTGL. There is a reason why author clarification is called the word of god

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Besides, has anyone thought that maybe all the imagery in the anime was design for the dramatic effect? I'm going to have to agree with cfatalis on the size issue. If the creator said it, that's pretty much the way it is, unless you'd like to tell him he's wrong. ;) 
On the topic of who wins the fight, I'd have to agree with the teleportation idea. If the DB folks can get inside, they win. If not, TTGL has it. The drill may not look all that awesome, but the sheer size difference is a little more than overpowering. 
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata said:

Except if the Mechs were anywhere close to as big as the galaxy shuriken imply, that would make anyone on Earth have an INCREDIBLY difficult time making the mechs out.

Heck I could poke a dozen more holes, from light's traveling speed to how fast the mechs themselves were depicted as. Any actual solid sized object, that we knew how big it was, consistently showed said mech to be MUCH smaller than a galaxy.

@cfatalis said:

10 million light year is the size written in the databook, therefore it is the author intent , therefore its the correct size for TTGL. There is a reason why author clarification is called the word of god

Can't call it the word of God, when the word of God doesn't match up to anything that is actually depicted in said scenario.

Heck the big final drill off further grinds the point home that said number is bonkers.

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Also, the Anti-spirals can alter time, space and reality (0:18 in the video below). I don't think it would be difficult to alter the appearance of things for the effect. 

As for the mini galaxy argument, start at :30 in the video below and watch the progression in size. Broken down: Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren = Planet sized, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = Large galaxy sized, 10 million lightyears tall, making it 100 times the size of the Milky Way (which is, according to the wiki, a mass of materialized spiral energy), and then if you wanted to step into the TTGL movie, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = Roughly 100 times the size of the previous form.   

WIki:  http://gurrenlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann

Video: 

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel