Goku (Post-Saiyan Saga) vs Dio Brando

Topic started by _Judge_ on Dec. 29, 2008. Last post by bigz007 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by _Judge_ (1,472 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I've never seen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and thus have little to no idea of Dio's abilities beyond watching clips on YouTube. Here's what he can do in a nutshell (Dio's the blonde one):

Edit: Goku's Pre-Saiyan Saga, my mistake
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Probably could, however he can 150% kill naruto
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I believe Dio can win.

Damn this thread is old.

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
So old that the OP doesn't have the same user name anymore lol.

@Sonata: XD

Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

So I take it this is Goku right after the Raditz fight or after the Vegeta fight? Well Raditz level Goku would lose, however once you get to Vegeta Goku should take it. Dio has FTL reactions/attacks and supersonic movement. The only way I see Dio winning this is if he freezes time the moment the battle starts and crushes Goku's heart via phasing. I don't think Raditz saga Goku would take a barrage of punches from Dio, nor would a kamehameha from him be hard to dodge. However Dio isn't surviving a blast from Goku, even though his regeneration in part 3 is great (He can instantly heal any wound at the end, so long as his head is not completely destroyed and in part 1 he was still fighting as a head.) however one ki blast would likely vaporize the guy. Another way Dio COULD win is with blood freeze but he didn't do that in part 3, like, at all. Maybe because he had a Stand and that was much stronger, or because he couldn't due to having a different body.

This battle also depends on how far apart they are. Any further than 10 feet and Dio loses. I don't know if Goku can tank FTL punches that easily destroy giant diamonds at the saiyan saga but even so it wont matter if he is out of range. I heard once before that Jotaro/ Dio can beat people past saiyan saga Vegeta (Which I don't believe) but as for this fight, I say Dio wins against Raditz level Goku 9/10 times, Vegeta level Goku wins 6/10 and that's if Goku starts in base since he might be in trouble if he went in for hand to hand, but if he simply flies away and blast Dio he wins. And even the whole attacking the iternal organ might not work since logically speaking the fact that he takes attacks from people who could casually bust planets seems to entail a sort of internal durability. If your organs remained as strong as normal humans than the pressure of all those blasts would have destroyed Goku's brain/heart/lungs effortlessly every time he was blasted by a ki blast or punched through a mmountain.

Post by MisterShin (2,127 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Dio isnt FTL, he only stops time aka Guildo. Dio can only stop time for 5 or less seconds IIRC.

Goku gets him before time stop.

I dont think Dio has the physical strength to take down Goku, even with time stop.

This is after vegeta fight, Goku would easily be able blitz him before he can activate his stand or even react.

@MisterShin: His stand: The World is FTL. And he can time stop longer than 5 seconds as long as Jonathan's body has enough power. 5 seconds is Jotaro's limit.

I know what the world is. The world is not FTL, it only stops time. Your gonna need some proof, before claiming FTL. Before I use to think Star Platinum was, but that a bit iffy coz he can move in time stop.

@MisterShin said:

I know what the world is. The world is not FTL, it only stops time. Your gonna need some proof, before claiming FTL. Before I use to think Star Platinum was, but that a bit iffy coz he can move in time stop.

You're the most difficult kind to debate with. Why are you making guesses and claims on him not being FTL and having me look for the scans?

Star Platinum is FTL and The World is its equal. The World doesn't have any direct quotes on being FTL like Star Platinum does but if you seen the fight you know he is.

http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Platinum

@SpeedForceSpider: Star Platinum >= The World

The World has nothing suggesting he is FTL, hence why you cant prove it. And grasping at straws with Jotaro who is stronger -_-

It is also referring to time-stop as to the reason why he is FTL, which does not correlate because time need to flow for it to be calculated as a time.

(If time is stopped you are moving at an incalculable speed until time resumes and you calculate the distance travelled, this is elementary stuff) Time & Distance = Speed.

Remove time and speed cant be calculated. Just for fun, you do know that when faster than light you can travel around the world over 7 times in a single second.

Star Platinum: The World > Star Platinum >= The World

You think I have no knowledge, but I know what im talking about.

Dio and The World are NOT FTL, otherwise they would have feats.

@MisterShin: You're so desperate to prove me wrong its actually hilarious. I actually don't care if you think Dio is FTL or not. What your failing to realize is this is a battle. So you have two options, either debate for Goku or Dio or let it be. Because your calculations don't peak my interests whatsoever. Ask Kurohige why Dio is FTL because you won't even listen to me. I don't care much to debate with you anymore so don't even reply.

Post by Endlesscreator (11 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@MisterShin:

Are you kidding me? Did we read the same manga?

1) Silver Chariot is a confirmed FTL than light stand.

http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Chariot

"Silver Chariot is an incredibly quick stand that is faster than light. It is able to appear in multiple places at once, due to moving at a speed faster than the human eye can comprehend. Attacking one image would be useless, as Silver Chariot would have moved long before the attack even reaches it. Its speed is great enough that it is able to skewer coins and balls of fire in an alternating pattern, deflect bullets shot at point blank range, and attack several times in an instant. It was also able to attack faster than The Hanged Man, which travels through beams of light."

Got it? Hell in the ova we can see a slow motion scene of Silver Chariot blitzing The Hanged Mand. And it is canon because this feat is based on the manga.

2) The World is confirmed to be faster than Silver Chariot. Dio Brando clearly stated that only Star Platinum could match the speed and strength of The World. Not only that, it is a well known fact that Star Platinun > Silver CHariot in terms of speed. If you actually read the manga you can not deny the fact that The World=Star Platinum. Star Platinum won mostly because:

• Dio underestimated Jotaro
  • Jotaro went berserk. Jotaro does mention that he owed the victory to Dio because he provoked him. Just like Cell did with Gohan
  • Unlike Jotaro, Dio didn't have any special reason to go berserk. He was not trying to save his mom or wanted to kill the guy who brutally killed his grandpa before his eyes. This is an important fact because emotions are linked to the power of a stand. This is mentioned several times.

3) So we have : Silver Chariot a confirmed FTL stand. THe World who is faster than SIlver Chariot. A scan that clearly states that SP is FTL and The World is basically as fast as this stand.

4) Can you already see the problem with your desperate denial? We already posted evidence and countered all your arguments. Your denial will only take to other posters to ignore you and not take you seriously. If this were a court you would already be inside an ugly jail dude.

Post by phantomrant (1,499 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Pre-Saiyan Saga would mean 23rd Budokai.

In that case, FTL reactions + timestop + blood freezing -----> Dio wins.

As for the FTL debate (i don't know why), it's exactly as endlesscreator says.

Silver Chariot is FTL, I never said he wasnt.

TW is not FTL. You cannot prove TW is FTL. Your coming at me with Silver Chariot & Star Platinum. If TW is FTL he must have many showing, why dont you post some scans???

In regards to the fight. Goku would win, he can pull of Kamehameha before Dio can do a time-stop.

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Dio Brando can stop time only for 5 seconds, if he can defeat Goku in that time then the fight is his. So the question is can Goku survive a 5 sec beating?

Post by Endlesscreator (11 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@MisterShin:

-_-

Are you slow?

Star Platinum >>> Silver Chariot And The World=Star Platinum

It is stated that the world and star platinum are similar on every aspect but durability and range. Where TW has better range but inferior durability to SP.

It is a well known fact that Star Platinum is superior to Silver Chariot who is FTL. And we can see TW blitzing and fighting equally with SP a stand who already proved to be ftl. Being able to blitz SP is a feat that already proves that Dio's TW is FTL.

Going by your logic SSJ Goku is not a planet buster because he has not shown the same kind of feat like frieza.

also this:

THE END

Post by phantomrant (1,499 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@bigz007 said:

Dio Brando can stop time only for 5 seconds, if he can defeat Goku in that time then the fight is his. So the question is can Goku survive a 5 sec beating?

No, there really isn't a permanent limit on his timestop, because he absorbed Joseph's blood. His last known limit is 9 seconds, and it'll only continue to increase.

Vaporizing Goku's bodily fluids only takes 2 seconds.

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@phantomrant said:

Vaporizing Goku's bodily fluids only takes 2 seconds.

We all know that Goku has incredible endurance, okay, we established that, however, he's a Saiyan, which might give him a slight advantage being the ''dominant species'', and he sure as hell won't die in 2 seconds, that is absurd. In conclusion, this fight is quite pointless, concidering Dio Brando is rocking at full throttle and Goku is figuratively crippled.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel