Goku End of z vs Mystic Gohan

Topic started by chrono122 on May 20, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by chrono122 (126 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Both are Bloodlusted Fight takes place at Cell games arena

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Mystic Gohan was the most poweful non fusion character at the end of DBZ.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Agreed. Goku SSJ3 will be around Super Buu's lvl at best and we all know what Mystic Gohan did to Super Buu.

Post by chrono122 (126 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Why is that its been 10 years since the kid buu fight and it looks like Gohan does not train at all anymore while goku Still does I think he could be equal to mystic gohan or even stronger at his ssj3 level

Mystic Gohan was completely dominating Super Buu so unless Goku somehow got massively stronger in 10 years, which is very unlikely given it was a period of peace, Mystic Gohan would still win this. Rewatch it if you like, Mystic Gohan was far more powerful than SS3 Goku.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@chrono122 said:

Why is that its been 10 years since the kid buu fight and it looks like Gohan does not train at all anymore while goku Still does I think he could be equal to mystic gohan or even stronger at his ssj3 level

It was never stated that Gohan didn't train those last 10 years so we can't se that he didn't... so for now Gohan wins by power scale but on skills Goku wins...

Post by GrayWolf2 (411 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Probably Goku. 10 years of training for him(especially since he had something to really work for) should be enough to close the gap. After that his superior skill should give him the edge. I know the gap between him and Gohan was significant but we're talking about a guy who went from a power-level of just over 8,000 to taking down Freeza after a month and a half. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
Post by Lord_Frieza (52 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Well, if you remember what happened to Gohan the last time there was long term peace, he got weak. After a few years of peace after fighting Cell, we went up against Dabura (Who was almost as strong as Cell) and had a very difficult time fighting him. Even Vegeta said "He was stronger when he was a kid!". So I could see Gohan slaking off and getting weaker again, having a Job and all (while Goku does nothing but train). At the very end of DBZ, personally I think Goku would be stronger, but we don't know. At the time when Buu was around, Ultimate Gohan was defiantly stronger than SSJ3 Goku, but if we are talking about the very end of DBZ, no one is certain. But my money is on Goku for said reasons.

Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Why is everyone saying that Gohan is weaker? The OP is obviously taking Mystic Gohan when he was in top form against Super Buu vs Goku 10 years down the line. I still believe Gohan would be the victor though.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Sonata said:

Why is everyone saying that Gohan is weaker? The OP is obviously taking Mystic Gohan when he was in top form against Super Buu vs Goku 10 years down the line. I still believe Gohan would be the victor though.

agreed... also it was never stated that Gohan stopped training in those 10 years as well...

If we want to compare times within which Goku powered up then surely we should use times of peace not times when he had to train to even stand a chance against Frieza.

Let's take for example the massive gap in time from DB to DBZ, he gained about 1000 strength? Goku's biggest gains come from when he is near death and it's unlikely he would fight to such an extreme during training so personally I think it's unlikely for him to become significantly stronger than he was against Kid Buu.

Also like Sonata said this is Mystic Gohan in his prime.

Post by GrayWolf2 (411 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I don't think times of peace mean as much to later goku as you guys think. When he was dead and had nothing to worry about anymore he still became a ssj3. Vegeta also became a ssj2. Both characters multiplied their pl's several times over in 7 years. While it is doubtful Goku will do that again due to having a body it isn't unlikely that he could achieve similar results to the earlier days of the 21st through 23rd tournaments. Did he not increase by 2-3 times his original power-level during that 6 year span? What's Mystic Gohan maybe 2-3 times stronger than him?
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@GrayWolf2: The gap between Gohan and Goku isn't even funny. Gotenks Post-Rosat was way ahead of Goku and SSJ3 blows Goku out of the water. Now Gohan being more powerful then Gotenks says it all, EOZ Goku probably reaches Gotenks SSJ3 lvl at best but Gohan stomps his father hard. He is like 10x more powerful than Goku.

@SpeedForceSpider: Goku SSJ3 and Gotenks SSJ3 imo are pretty even let me explain: Goku SSJ3 has never EVER shown his true power in the main DBZ episodes, not agains Fat Buu witch was painfully clear, and not even agains Kid Buu, he was letting the fight drag on to let Vegeta have a shot at him, the only time we could say he was going all-out was againts Janemba and against Hirudegran, when he fought agains Janemba he was dead and was in Outer World so he would not suffer from stamina draining with was confirmed multiple times in the show. IMO Kid Buu and Super Buu are close in power i'm still not sure who is definitly stronger but i think its safe to say Super Buu and Kid Buu aren't that far away in power. Gotenks SSJ3 himself, rather Goten confirmed that Super Buu and Gotenks where about even and it definitly shows in there battle. Goku however is a better fighter then Gotenks so he has that small extra advantage.

Even when Gotenks came out of the HBTC, Superme Kai commented on Gotenks SSJ3 transformation and asked Goku about it:

Supreme Kai: Did you say SSJ3

Goku: yeah, you didn't know we saiyans could go beyond a SSJ? let me try to explain, we all have the abilitie to go beyond an SSJ, but this! this is a lvl far above that.

Supreme Kai: So, does that mean Gotenks is stronger than you?

Goku: well...i could do it to, but man these boys..they reached a lvl i could not reach until my life was over

Here Goku doesn't say Gotenks is stronger than him he was only impressed that they became SSJ3 faster than him. Like i said we never saw Goku SSJ3 go all-out, in everyfight he was in he was always holding back.

I previously said that Mystic Gohan would win but i didn't read closely as it says this is Goku at the very end of Z, Goku ofcourse always trains mabye not that intensive as before but still. I would say this is a close battle neither of them is stomping eachother. Correct me if i'm wrong on something :)

Post by The_original_goku10000 (119 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Goku wins. goku and vegeta where fighting gohan, ssj3 gotenks and piccolo inside buuhans mind.

You lot do know that Mystic Gohan was meant to be the final victor of DBZ but due to fan request Goku was allowed to defeat Buu. It's sad how Akira had to change his story so as to appease the fans.

At the end of the day we have no idea of guessing how strong Goku became at the end of DBZ. He was still putting up a fair fight against Uub who was no where near Kid Buu's level so as far as I'm concerned Goku just didn't power up enough during the 10 year time period.

@niBBit: Gohan is still stronger. AT states that Gohan is the strongest non fused character at the "End of Z." Now as for the Super Buu and Kid Buu thing, Super Buu is way more powerful then Kid Buu, because Goku said he and Vegeta can't beat him without fusion. It is said that Gotenks SSJ 1 would be enough to destroy Fat Boo, this means, Gotenks as SSJ 1 before the RoSaT training is equal to SSJ 3 Goku.

Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P9.3

Piccolo: “If that bastard felt like it, he could wipe out the entire Earth, up here included, in the blink of an eye…!”

Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”

The fact that Goku took into consideration SSJ was gonna be the boys most powerful form in fusion proves this. Gotenks going SSJ3 was a surprise and he was beating Super Buu, who a SSJ 3 Goku said he couldn't beat.

Gohan Stomps!

@SpeedForceSpider: hmm very interesting, you got me thinking :)

Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@The_original_goku10000: Thats not the same Gohan as the real one.

@Sonata: Actually they were stated to has the same power as the real ones. Since Toei wanks Goku into oblivion, the anime Goku >>>> Gohan and Kid Buu >>> Buuhan.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel