Gohan Vs Broly

Topic started by Acer on April 8, 2009. Last post by phantomrant 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Broly wins, he is much stronger physically and his power is too tremendous for Gohan to handle, in an advertising clip on the official DBZ site they say Broly is the ultimate in Saiyan power. Being the Legendary Super Saiyan his power is greater than any Saiyan, I don't think Gohan has a chance here.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Um Hasn't Gohan beat Broly already.
Jlynnana said:
"Um Hasn't Gohan beat Broly already.
"
No, he needed is brothers and fathers help to finish him off (Although it's never been said if Goku actualy appeared or was just an llusion), but that was a severly weak version of Gohan. This is Gohan during his early years when he first reached SSJ2, whi imo is the most powerful version not including Ultimate Gohan.
If that's the Case then I'd give it to Gohan anyway. I did'nt Thin Ultimate Gohan was that strong anyway.
Jlynnana said:
"If that's the Case then I'd give it to Gohan anyway. I did'nt Thin Ultimate Gohan was that strong anyway.
"
Ultimate Gohan as bitch slapping around Super Buu something that Even SSJ3 Goku couldn't have done. Ultimate Gohan is easily in the top 5 most powerful characters in Dragonball.
LOL
  1. Vegetto
  2. Super buu (Gohan absorbed)
  3. Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed)
  4. Ultimate Gohan
  5. Kid Buu & SSJ3 Goku (Kind of equal)
The top 5 imo
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Acer said:
"Jlynnana said:
"If that's the Case then I'd give it to Gohan anyway. I did'nt Thin Ultimate Gohan was that strong anyway.
"
Ultimate Gohan as bitch slapping around Super Buu something that Even SSJ3 Goku couldn't have done. Ultimate Gohan is easily in the top 5 most powerful characters in Dragonball.
"
Truth

I think Broly could win this one, I dont its possible for anybody one on one to beat Brolly unless you are a Super Saiyan 4 IMO
Jlynnana said:
"

I wouldn't, Gohan was severly beaten by Broly with relative ease, Broly was genetically selected to be the most powerful Saiyan in the galaxy, Broly's physical power is just too tremendous for Gohan and his energy spheres are incredibly destructive as in the first movie he destroyed the planet of those slave aliens with an energy ball the size of his palm, if Broly wanted to kill Gohan he would have done it immediatley in the second movie however Broly's violent nature made him beat Gohan slowly and painfully. The combined kamehameha of Gohan, Goten and apparently Goku wouldn't have been enough to stop Broly if Trunks didn't launch an energy ball at Broly's attack which somehow disrupted it Gohan and the others would have lost. Similiar to Cell, if Vegeta hadn't distracted Cell with his blast then Cell would have won Gohan.
Acer said:
"
  1. Vegetto
  4. Ultimate Gohan
The top 5 imo
"
I'd Put Gotenks fifth because he was equal to Super Buu
don't look at me my Fav has always been, krillen lol

The only Saiyan that could possibly defeat Broly would be Super Saiyan 4 but it wouldn't be a curbstomp, Broly is extremely powerful and if during the time he spent in Hell he was in his Legendary Super Saiyan form his power would have increased dramatically as his power increases as long as he remains in the Legendary Super Saiyan form.

Allright time to argue, show me a time when Broly has taking on an opponent of significant strangth because he never has, sure he was taking on the Z Squad and beating them but that was a Z squad when they were weak compared to what they became later on in the series. Gohan was able to drive back Cell's kamehameha, one with enough power to blow up the planet, now sure you can say that he wouldn't have done it without Vegeta's distraction but that does not take away the incredible feat of being able to drive it back using only one hand and you have to remember that Gohan was weakened before the struggle to the point were he was using only half of his ki.

Broly got beat by Goku remember using the combined power of the Z fighters all who were incredibly weak, and Gohan would have owned each and everyone of the Z fighters at full strength during that time when he was SSJ2.
Sonata said:
"Acer said:
"
  1. Vegetto
  4. Ultimate Gohan
The top 5 imo
"
I'd Put Gotenks fifth because he was equal to Super Buu
"
Gotenks joked around to much, he was annoying :p

Newdeath said:
"

The only Saiyan that could possibly defeat Broly would be Super Saiyan 4 but it wouldn't be a curbstomp, Broly is extremely powerful and if during the time he spent in Hell he was in his Legendary Super Saiyan form his power would have increased dramatically as his power increases as long as he remains in the Legendary Super Saiyan form.

"

Sonata said:
"Acer said:
"Jlynnana said:
"
"
Truth

I think Broly could win this one, I dont its possible for anybody one on one to beat Brolly unless you are a Super Saiyan 4 IMO
"
So Ultimate Gohan couldn't, or even SSJ3 both of whom were equal and even beyond Buu a character who could have destroyed entire galaxies and who would own the Z squad just like Broly.

Acer said:
"Allright time to argue, show me a time when Broly has taking on an opponent of significant strangth because he never has, sure he was taking on the Z Squad and beating them but that was a Z squad when they were weak compared to what they became later on in the series. Gohan was able to drive back Cell's kamehameha, one with enough power to blow up the planet, now sure you can say that he wouldn't have done it without Vegeta's distraction but that does not take away the incredible feat of being able to drive it back using only one hand and you have to remember that Gohan was weakened before the struggle to the point were he was using only half of his ki.

Broly got beat by Goku remember using the combined power of the Z fighters all who were incredibly weak, and Gohan would have owned each and everyone of the Z fighters at full strength during that time when he was SSJ2.
"
I disagree, Goku didn't defeat Broly simply because he had the power of the other Z Fighters, he also defeated him because he hit Broly in his weak spot the spot where he was stabbed as a child. The first fight with Broly was between the Cell Saga when the Z Fighters were awaiting the beginning of Cell's tournament and so Goku was summoned by King Kai to fight Broly etc. Broly was able to manhandle and dominate Goku, Goku had the same power level with Broly during the time he fought Cell in a nearly even match during the Cell Games while Broly was able to easily dominate Goku and the other Z Fighters, Cell even admitted that Super Trunks was physically superior to him however he lacked much speed which allowed Cell to defeat him however when Trunks fought Broly he was easily brushed aside, also Super Vegeta knew they couldn't beat Broly because he was the Legendary Super Saiyan which is why he didn't even attempt to fight because he knew they didn't have the power to beat him however when Vegeta fought Cell he didn't care how strong Cell was because he believed he was still stronger but Cell later proved him wrong however Vegeta did not display any fear unlike the situation with Broly. Gohan should have gone Super Saiyan 2 during the fight with Broly after seeing his father severely beaten and suffering however I'm not sure why he did, probably because the creators of the movie knew he wasn't powerful enough to do so but I'm possibly wrong on this one. Broly's speed is also a factor as he was able to easily dodge the combined strikes of Goku and Piccolo without even trying. In the beginning of the Broly movie we see a galaxy being destroyed by Broly, his energy balls are extremely powerful as he easily destroyed the planet of the alien slaves with an energy ball the size of his palm without even trying so if Broly actually used full power in one energy ball it is known what damage it would cause. I also say Broly because in his many bio's they say he was genetically selected to be the most powerful Saiyan in the galaxy and in a clip he was called the Ultimate in Saiyan power.
LOL Gotenks maybe annoying but his powerlevel was very high XD

its Hard to gauge were Broly is power Level wise. I think Broly is stronger than Cell after taking a point blank Kamehameha from Goku and not even flinching, to Cell getting blown apart by Goku's Kamehameha.
Newdeath said:
"Acer said:
"Allright time to argue, show me a time when Broly has taking on an opponent of significant strangth because he never has, sure he was taking on the Z Squad and beating them but that was a Z squad when they were weak compared to what they became later on in the series. Gohan was able to drive back Cell's kamehameha, one with enough power to blow up the planet, now sure you can say that he wouldn't have done it without Vegeta's distraction but that does not take away the incredible feat of being able to drive it back using only one hand and you have to remember that Gohan was weakened before the struggle to the point were he was using only half of his ki.

"
I disagree, Goku didn't defeat Broly simply because he had the power of the other Z Fighters, he also defeated him because he hit Broly in his weak spot the spot where he was stabbed as a child. The first fight with Broly was between the Cell Saga when the Z Fighters were awaiting the beginning of Cell's tournament and so Goku was summoned by King Kai to fight Broly etc. Broly was able to manhandle and dominate Goku, Goku had the same power level with Broly during the time he fought Cell in a nearly even match during the Cell Games while Broly was able to easily dominate Goku and the other Z Fighters, Cell even admitted that Super Trunks was physically superior to him however he lacked much speed which allowed Cell to defeat him however when Trunks fought Broly he was easily brushed aside, also Super Vegeta knew they couldn't beat Broly because he was the Legendary Super Saiyan which is why he didn't even attempt to fight because he knew they didn't have the power to beat him however when Vegeta fought Cell he didn't care how strong Cell was because he believed he was still stronger but Cell later proved him wrong however Vegeta did not display any fear unlike the situation with Broly. Gohan should have gone Super Saiyan 2 during the fight with Broly after seeing his father severely beaten and suffering however I'm not sure why he did, probably because the creators of the movie knew he wasn't powerful enough to do so but I'm possibly wrong on this one. Broly's speed is also a factor as he was able to easily dodge the combined strikes of Goku and Piccolo without even trying. In the beginning of the Broly movie we see a galaxy being destroyed by Broly, his energy balls are extremely powerful as he easily destroyed the planet of the alien slaves with an energy ball the size of his palm without even trying so if Broly actually used full power in one energy ball it is known what damage it would cause. I also say Broly because in his many bio's they say he was genetically selected to be the most powerful Saiyan in the galaxy and in a clip he was called the Ultimate in Saiyan power.
"
NICE ^^ Im eating so i'll get back to you after ive finished
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sonata said:
"LOL Gotenks maybe annoying but his powerlevel was very high XD

its Hard to gauge were Broly is power Level wise. I think Broly is stronger than Cell after taking a point blank Kamehameha from Goku and not even flinching, to Cell getting blown apart by Goku's Kamehameha.
"

yeah his durability is remarkable
Sonata said:
"LOL Gotenks maybe annoying but his powerlevel was very high XD

"
Yeah but he never had the victories to back it up. :P

Exactly it's hard to gauge because when you look at it he never faced an opponent of real strength, also his feats aren't that greatt. He destroyed a galaxy but to me thats not that great considerring Frieza was conquering galaxies and many characters in DBZ could have destroyed a galaxy if they wanted to, Cell could have destroyed earth and killed everyone as soon as he reached perfect form but that goes against his character. When Broly was beating the Z fighters, put Cell in there instead of Broly and he would have done the exact same thing, hell even his cell juniors were pwning the Z fighters untill Gohan stepped in and beat them before they knew what had hit them. To me his feats aren't that great considering his feats could have been accomplished by many other characters.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel