Gogeta vs Gohan and Gotenks

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on March 18, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,039 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

Morals off.

Gotenks and Gogeta can sustain fusion longer than 30 minutes.

Who wins and why?

Post by nishi99 (1,784 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

I'm going with Gogeta because he can't be that much weaker then Vegito plus better feats. Now if Gogeta couldn't go super saiyan i'm not so sure who would win.

Online Now

@nishi99 said:

I'm going with Gogeta because he can't be that much weaker then Vegito plus better feats. Now if Gogeta couldn't go super saiyan i'm not so sure who would win.

Gogeta doesn't have close to the amount of feats Vegito does and is a good level weaker going sheerly by feats.

Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider: We don't know how much weaker Gogeta is tho can't be that much of a power gap he did beat Janemba easily.

Online Now

@nishi99: SSJ3 Goku is a weakling compared to anyone here and he managed to put up a decent fight with Janemba. Gotenks is leagues above Goku and Gohan is more powerful than Gotenks so logically they both are stronger than Janemba as well. Now if Vegito is a fair degree more powerful than Gogeta, then Gohan and Gotenks must have a comparable power to Gogeta's.

Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider: I can agree with that i just don't see Vegito being that much more powerful then Gogeta.

Post by othus12 (7,342 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@nishi99: SSJ3 Goku is a weakling compared to anyone here and he managed to put up a decent fight with Janemba. Gotenks is leagues above Goku and Gohan is more powerful than Gotenks so logically they both are stronger than Janemba as well. Now if Vegito is a fair degree more powerful than Gogeta, then Gohan and Gotenks must have a comparable power to Gogeta's.

this

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

this

Decent fight against Janemba? I think i watched a different movie then you because Goku landing 3 hits + a ki attack isn't ''decent'' in my book. Janemba flinching when Goku landing that kick doesn't say anything, lots of DBZ character flinch or grunt or look like they are hurt by far far weaker characterss but really are not hurt at all and beat the crap out them 5 seconds later. Janemba with just one mouth energy beam nearly finished Goku off. Goku looked like he could barely stand after just one attack, and when that ki attack hit Janemba in the stomach he was smiling and unleased a attack trough his sword witch cut Goku's shoulder, and in a close up of Goku when he's hiding from Janemba you see just what that one mouth attack did, not to mention those sword attacks that came after that.

When Gogeta appeared Janemba is seen powering up.... so he wasn't even at full power when he fought Goku SSJ3. Janemba and Goku are not close in power. If Janemba wanted and was at full power he could one shot Goku SSJ3 easily. Watch the movie again, one mouth attack from Janemba and GOku was *&^% up!

I've discussed this with alot of people on various sites and nobody has come up with a solid reason as to why the Potaro fusion is stronger than the fusion dance. A populair claim is the ''Old Kai said its more effective'' claim. Effective doesn't mean more powerfull. Effective could easily mean that in a real scenario the Potaro is better to use. Let me explain:

When Goku wants to go back to earth and wants to fight Buutenks the Old Kai stops him and asks whats he gonna do to stop Buutenks from killing both him and Gohan. Goku then said that he will do a fusion with Gohan in order to beat Buutenks. The Old Kai then basicly makes fun of the idea because and i quote: ''Ah fusion you mean of the type those kids where using? you think Majin Buu will sit on his laurels and let you practice to get the right stance and form? i don't think so'' he then suggested the Potaro fusion and basicly explains that all those silly poses and what not is unessecary because with the earings you instantly join and BOEM! Ultimate Warrior ready. Effective. The Old Kai doesn't say more POWERFULL he says effective.

Think of it this way: In a real fight in a real situation what would you rather have, the fusion dance or the Potaro? The Potaro easily because with the fusion dance you need to do all these rituals and in a real fight you be dead before you can even move. Trunks and Goten wanted to do a fusion in the RoSaT when they where gonna fight Super Buu and what happend? before Trunks could even move his pinky Super Buu rushed him and punched him in the face. Fusion stopped. With the Potaro its a different story because you slap those on and BOEM! Warrior of Death created.

Alot of people also come up with this claim of saying that the fusion dance is weaker because one fighter needs to match the other PL. So Goku needs to lower his power to match Vegeta's right? Then the 2 of them join and become Gogeta. So the power that Goku held back... vanished into thin air? he can't access his own power? he didn't lose it he just powered down in order to match Vegeta's it doesn't mean that he can't powerup after the damn fusion, hell Gotenks managed to reach SSJ3 dispite the boys being only SSJ.

Alot of people also come up with these calculations and claims of saying that the Potaro is that many times stronger or that the fusion dance has that many multipliers but each time i ask for official sources like handbooks/scans and what not where these calculations are explained or shown... nobody shows them to me. Either they are hard to find or are made up. For me i see no HARD evidence that Vegito would be THAT many times stronger or stronger overall than Gogeta. I mean really... Goten/Trunks are in the league of the Androids as individuals but as Gotenks they could fight Majin Buu... thats an insane powerboost. Now apply that to freaking Goku/Vegeta. Nuff Said. Gogeta easily wins this.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Tough one, tho my vote is on Gogeta since he might have more skills than Gohan and Gotenkusu.

Also I doubt Gogeta is super weak compared to Vegito.

Post by Sonata (35,521 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I believe Gogeta is being underestimated here, He should win this.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,176 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Vegito fought and toyed with Buuhan. Buuhan with Gohan, Piccolo and Gotenk's power along with his own. I do believe Vegito is more powerful than Gogeta personally. However I also believe that Gogeta will still have much more power than Gohan and Gotenks.

Vegeta easily outclasses Trunks.

Goku easily outclasses Goten.

It only makes sense that Gogeta's power will at least be double or even triple the power of Gotenks. Therefore leads me to believe that this fight will be like Raditz versus Piccolo and Goku without the aid of child Gohan.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I've got to go with Gogeta here.

Post by phantomrant (1,405 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Going with Gogeta here, but if he pools in a great amount of effort in destroying his children. He shitted on someone who's far stronger than SSJ3 Goku + SSJ2 Vegeta.

Online Now

@Supreme Marvel: I more or less agree with you.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Gogeta fairly easily i'd say. Going all out I'd think he could 1 hit KO both.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

gohan solos. gotenks isn't needed. (manga wise)

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@hitsusatsu11: Welcome back! it's nice to see that you are back!

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel: this is ssj gogeta, not ssj3 gogeta. so saying he will be triple the power of ssj3 gotenks has nothing to back it up.

buuhan was confident of taking out gogeta easily though he knows how powerful fusion is

Post by eddz99 (2,578 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gogeta SSJ1 > Vegito base > Buuhan ( wilding ) >/= Gogeta base ( not by much, but it is only much because of the time limit ) =/> Buuhan > Gotenks SSJ3

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,176 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@supernova7005 said:

@Supreme Marvel: this is ssj gogeta, not ssj3 gogeta. so saying he will be triple the power of ssj3 gotenks has nothing to back it up.

I never said ssj3 Gogeta. I purposely didn't say it because we've never seen it. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Look at the image. That's a super saiyan 2 look. If you don't know the difference between ssj1 and ssj2 how can you be a fan of DBZ?

Do you really think Goten's ssj1 power is anywhere near Goku's in his super saiyan 2 form? No it isn't. Neither is Trunks to Vegeta.

Goku/Vegeta's ssj1 form are much more powerful than Goten/Trunk's ssj1 form. So when they reach ssj2 form, Goku and Vegeta are way beyond Goten and Trunks. You have to equal your power level when fusing. So no ssj3 Goku and ssj2 Vegeta. Both have to be ssj2. Still, they would be triple the power of their 2 children here. SO, when fusing, them two powers unite and are amplified. It would only make sense for when Goku and Vegeta fuse their power, Porta or dance, would be MUCH greater than Gotenks' fusion.

Gogeta ssj2 > Gotenks ssj3 form for me.

buuhan was confident of taking out gogeta easily though he knows how powerful fusion is

Buuhan never faced Gogeta.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel