Genkai vs Master Roshi

Topic started by Obito on Feb. 2, 2013. Last post by eddz99 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Battle of the Old Timers! Haha! 

Location ; A Tournament Ring. (One from DragonBall). 
Both are in character. 
WIn by K.O. or Incapacitation. They don't want to kill each other. 
No prep. 
Who wins? 

Round 1: H2H. 

Round 2: Anything is allowed. 

Post by taichokage (14,190 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'd say Roshi both rounds. Although similar, Roshi's got more raw power and better speed feats.
Post by YoungChief (552 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Ends in sex

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Roshi in a stomp.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Roshi, although I'm not sure how much he's declined since his prime.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,680 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Genkai, she's faster.

@CerusSerenade said:

Genkai, she's faster.

http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/respect-master-roshi/97-316607/#19

@YoungChief said:

@CerusSerenade said:

Genkai, she's faster.

http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/respect-master-roshi/97-316607/#19

I already saw that, Genkai is still faster than he is. You obviously don't know enough about Genkai.

So in turn, I give this back to you.

Show me genkais speed feats then

Evading attacks from 80% Toguro.

@CerusSerenade said:

Evading attacks from 80% Toguro.

That doesn't automatically make her faster than Roshi

Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
If they were both in their prime, it probably would end in sex. Roshi was a pervert then too. And this is a guy who, even when almost 200yrs old, can get shot with a machinegun and laugh it off. I would say Genkai is probably a touch faster, but Roshi's a lot tougher. As noted, Roshi has a higher energy output too.
Post by GrayWolf2 (344 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Genkai got killed by a younger toguro who wasn't even going all out. Muten roshi would annihilate younger toguro with one blast I mean he is a moon buster after all. In terms of speed I don't know but even if Genkai was faster she has proven nothing to make it a big enough edge to matter. Roshi in both rounds.

I thought having knowledge about the fighters was required for participating in the debate instead of randomly throwing out "this character wins!".

Here's a video of Toguro speed blitzing Yusuke.

Now he's one with him just using air bullet spam.

Genkai being able to keep up with 80% while NOT at her best is a sizable feat of speed which outmatches Roshi.

It's funny that you talk about participating in a debate and talk about people coming in a thread just saying who wins when the first thing you said was "Genkai wins, she's faster", hmmm. Anyway she's not blitzing Roshi, and he has the firepower to put her down

@YoungChief said:

It's funny that you talk about participating in a debate and talk about people coming in a thread just saying who wins when the first thing you said was "Genkai wins, she's faster", hmmm. Anyway she's not blitzing Roshi, and he has the firepower to put her down

I provided a reason with feats behind it, I don't usually go out of my way to get the physical evidence of those feats unless someone asks for them because it's too much work unless someone asks for them. So let's say for the moment that their speeds are matched, they can both put each other down. Roshi has experience dealing with multiple fighting styles as he constantly participates in the fighting tournaments, this is true. At the same time Genkai has fought in the demon tournament twice, and has experience dealing with the more supernatural side of combat, arguably this experience trumps DBZ's tournaments in terms of experience.

Simply put Genkai has put up with more dangerous foes than Roshi has, and mind you that when she fought 80% Toguro it was without her spirit wave orb, which basically meant she was without most of her spiritual power. Realistically, Genkai is most likely faster than Roshi, and she can use that to her advantage to deal a fatal blow to Roshi.

The fight can go either way, but it's in Genkai's favor.

Showing videos of Yusuke struggling to keep up with projectiles moving at the speed of a bullet isn't going to impress anyone who knows anything about Muten Roshi's speed.

@GrayWolf2 said:

Showing videos of Yusuke struggling to keep up with projectiles moving at the speed of a bullet isn't going to impress anyone who knows anything about Muten Roshi's speed.

You don't seem to get it. There were effectively dozens of these bullets coming at once continuously. Not to mention they were more destructive than conventional bullets and arguably faster. I believe I already talked about how Genkai was in a severely weakened state when she fought younger Toguro, yet she was still able to keep up with him at 80%.

@CerusSerenade said:

@GrayWolf2 said:

You don't seem to get it. There were effectively dozens of these bullets coming at once continuously. Not to mention they were more destructive than conventional bullets and arguably faster. I believe I already talked about how Genkai was in a severely weakened state when she fought younger Toguro, yet she was still able to keep up with him at 80%.

Oh I get it. Unfortunately at best they were more destructive but no evidence to suggest faster. Seeing as how Roshi has caught machine gun fire with ease and kept up with tenshinhan during the 22nd tournament without going to full power is a feat in and of itself. While Tenshinhan wasn't going all out either it would still put Roshi as being at least as fast as Goku at age 12. The same goku who caught a dragonball when it launched. Dragonballs when they launch are clearly massively hypersonic. It would also most likely put him as being as fast if not faster than Taopaipai who can chuck a couple hundred pound pillar at at least mach 8 and do a quick speed burst to jump on it. Both things much faster than bullets I'm afraid.

@GrayWolf2 said:

CerusSerenade said:

@GrayWolf2 said:

Oh I get it. Unfortunately at best they were more destructive but no evidence to suggest faster. Seeing as how Roshi has caught machine gun fire with ease and kept up with tenshinhan during the 22nd tournament without going to full power is a feat in and of itself. While Tenshinhan wasn't going all out either it would still put Roshi as being at least as fast as Goku at age 12. The same goku who caught a dragonball when it launched. Dragonballs when they launch are clearly massively hypersonic. It would also most likely put him as being as fast if not faster than Taopaipai who can chuck a couple hundred pound pillar at at least mach 8 and do a quick speed burst to jump on it. Both things much faster than bullets I'm afraid.

Taopaipai has been calc'd at mach 28 with his jump on the pillar actually, the pillar itself was at mach 14

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel