Genisis vs Dante

Topic started by shonen on Feb. 14, 2009. Last post by supernova7005 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Genesis from Final Fantasy Crisis Core

vs

Dante at the start of Devil May Cry 3

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Powers please, especially on Genisis
Post by Exillion (103 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I'm limping on limbo here. I don't know which one to go but Genesis has showed incredible feat through his swordsplay. His magic is powerful as well but i'm leaning towards Dante simply because his magic is better.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Nerx said:
"Powers please, especially on Genisis"
Anyone?
Post by Kobra678 (2,747 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Anybody have any feats on this Genesis guy?

Post by CerusSerenade (2,114 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Below Sephiroth.

Which is to say that he's weak as shit and dies to Dante.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,641 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I have read somewhere the creator stated Genesis = Sephiroth. He fared decently against a non serious Sephiroth in Crisis Core. And lol @ Cerus thinking he is weak as shit. He should win comfortably against beginning of DMC3 Dante.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SpeedForceSpider: Yeah, at the beginning of CC he did hold his own against Sephiroth (which was probably his weakest form).

By the end of the game he gets a huge power boost when he absorbs the goddess materia, which was even larger than the huge materia that is capable of causing continent+ destruction

Sephiroth losing to Dante is outright laughable xD

@Kobra678 said:

Anybody have any feats on this Genesis guy?

Genesis laughs at continent busters...

GG?

@supernova7005: Yeah but Zack pretty much fodderized Genesis even though he got the power-up from the Goddess of the planet. So I don't really think it was a "huge" power boost unless Zack is just ridiculously powerful. But still for him to say Genesis is weak shit is laughable hell even that weak form of Sephiroth would stomp beginning of DMC3 Dante hard.

@SpeedForceSpider: Zack got a huge boost as well. Remember the second strain of J-cells that he got from Hojo's experiments?

With Bahamut Fury's moon level feats, there's absolutely no doubt that Zack/Genesis/Sephiroth would fodderise the entire DMC verse.

@supernova7005: Well actually, I always thought that strain was weakening Zack that's why he got killed in the end. Didn't Hojo deem both Zack and Cloud failures? I thought the only reason Zack didn't show any degradation was due to his S cells he also got from the experiment. But yeah for the most part I agree with what you said.

@supernova7005: Cinematic time + the fact that continent was never actually destroyed by that blast means that anything coming form that summon is laughably related only to game play mechanics and cinematic effects, nothing more.

Or did you already forget this?

Looks like the tales cast in Abyss and Vesperia have universal level durability huh?

@CerusSerenade: Too bad, it was a canon cutscene and not mechanics.

The continent wasn't destroyed because it's an alternate dimension attack....

Source: http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/284/crisis-core-complete-guide-keyword-collection/

Not to mention, the power of the huge materia is of the same level as seen against Sephiroth's meteor.

@supernova7005: A rough translation which still explains nothing. Not that it matters since Zack still needed vehicles to travel quickly, which means he's not anywhere near as fast or strong as you say he is. He shouldn't be dying to bullets.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,452 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider: @CerusSerenade: @supernova7005: so who has played Final Fantasy Crisis Core? is it a good game?

@CerusSerenade said:

@supernova7005: A rough translation which still explains nothing. Not that it matters since Zack still needed vehicles to travel quickly, which means he's not anywhere near as fast or strong as you say he is. He shouldn't be dying to bullets.

The translation does explain everything. Summons take the opponents into their own dimensions, which is why no damage is caused to the real world.

Travel speed =/= Combat speed. Guess Goku is weak and not MHS+ or a moonbuster because he took 6 months to run the snakeway at the beginning of Z.

Finally, Mako infused bullets are much stronger than real bullets. Guess someone like Frieza has sword level durability because he got killed by a sword...

@SMXLR8 said:

so who has played Final Fantasy Crisis Core? is it a good game?

Yeah, its a really good game if you ask me. Could say its almost as good as DMC 3 and 4.

@SMXLR8: One of the best games I have ever played. Zack is an amazing MC and the story and gameplay was a great ride.

@CerusSerenade said:

Lol yeah because travel speed and reactions are the same thing right? And if you played the game at all you could tell he died for the sake of the plot. Zack did some pretty amazing things in Crisis Core you know. And weren't bullets bouncing off Zack in the beginning of Crisis Core when he was on the phone with Angeal?

@supernova7005: Then he still shouldn't be being tagged by or swords bullets.

Also, in the same episode Goku explained and showed that he focused ki at a point, Trunks did the same thing with the sword, it wasn't the sword that killed Frieza but the ki around the sword.

Are you still going with allowing gameplay mechanics putting Sephiroth below Arietta and Duke from tales of the the abyss and Vesperia respectively?

Post by Zerogodlike (1,062 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@SMXLR8: One of the best games I have ever played. Zack is an amazing MC and the story and gameplay was a great ride.

@CerusSerenade said:

Lol yeah because travel speed and reactions are the same thing right? And if you played the game at all you could tell he died for the sake of the plot. Zack did some pretty amazing things in Crisis Core you know. And weren't bullets bouncing off Zack in the beginning of Crisis Core when he was on the phone with Angeal?

Zack died so that cloud could get away safely and also maybe they upgraded their weaponry later in the game so that their weapons were strong enough to kill soldier members.

@Zerogodlike: Hence I said he died for the sake of the plot.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel