GANDALF THE GREY VS VOLDEMORT

Topic started by maigret on Sept. 14, 2011. Last post by Fail271 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by maigret (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Voldemort is at full power and with Dumbledors Wand.and has Karla to help him....Gandalf is in his grey robes,has Glamdring,and has thrown away the ring of Fire,But he has permission from God to use full power and he is pissed off...Really Pissed of!Also Radagast The Brown helps him!place:London!

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Gandalf the grey stomps
also, there are no anime characters in this battle, so it shouldn't even be here

i think i fixed it!

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Gandalf 
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Betting on Gandalf if we take literally what a balrog is

Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@cfatalis said:

Gandalf is a little ridiculous. Overpowered, I mean.

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DJSNuva1 said:

@cfatalis said:

Gandalf is a little ridiculous. Overpowered, I mean.

Its a given they are more or less TolkienJesus/Saints, considering the fact that the other side apparently at least have a huge bull demon made of fire ....... and the balance scale is not tipped either way

Post by Fail271 (87 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I'm not really convinced that this is a stomp here. Gandalf, while powerful, is in his grey robes, meaning that he has not beaten the Balrog of Morgoth yet, and is not at his highest power.

Voldemort however has the Elder wand, which is stated "that must always win duels for its master". Are we following the storyline, in which Voldemort was never the wand's true master? Or are we assuming that he is rightful owner of the wand? It makes a huge difference really.

@Fail271:

Are we following the storyline, in which Voldemort was never the wand's true master? Or are we assuming that he is rightful owner of the wand? It makes a huge difference really.

That would make a huge a huge difference. I guess that we'll just have to wait for maigret to respond or change up the OP.

Lets say that Voldemort is the rightfull owner...But i remind that Gandalf and Radagast are no humans(and gandalf THE GREY defeated Balrog....not the white....)

Gandalf the grey fought the balrog for two days and nights straight and defeated it. He stomps voldemort. Also, the elder wand making the user invincible is an obvious fallacy. Dumbledore was able to defeat gellert grindelwald in combat despite the fact that  grindelwald had the elder wand so Gandalf is easily capable of winning this

@maigret said:

Lets say that Voldemort is the rightfull owner...But i remind that Gandalf and Radagast are no humans(and gandalf THE GREY defeated Balrog....not the white....)

Yeah but Gandalf The Grey hasn't defeated The Balrog of Morgoth yet or else he would be Gandalf The White.

@DJSNuva1 said:

Yeah but Gandalf The Grey hasn't defeated The Balrog of Morgoth yet or else he would be Gandalf The White.

what?

@Fail271:

Gandalf, while powerful, is in his grey robes, meaning that he has not beaten the Balrog of Morgoth yet, and is not at his highest power.

@maigret:

(and gandalf THE GREY defeated Balrog....not the white....)

@DJSNuva1:

Yeah but Gandalf The Grey hasn't defeated The Balrog of Morgoth yet or else he would be Gandalf The White

You see, Fail271 is saying that as Gandalf The Grey, Gandalf has not yet beaten the Balrog of Morgoth, which is a true statement, and maigret is misinterpreting that and saying that Gandalf The Grey defeated the Balrog of Morgoth, which is not Fail271's point. Hence my statement.

@DJSNuva1: Ganndalf the GREY beat the balrog in a 2 day confrontation. He died of his injuries and became gandalf the white. So miaigret is right for once

Ok. Clearly people don't read very well here. So, here it is, very simply.

My statement on Gandalf being the Grey wizard right now, as compared to the White wizard, is a statement of his power. I was stating that because he is still Gandalf the Grey, he is not as powerful as he could be. We all understand the difference between Grey and White, we can move on with the discussion now.

Also, @Haofan123, true, Dumbledore beats Grindelwald, that being said, I never said the wand made the user invincible. I simply quoted the story of the wand's origin. It pretty obviously doesn't make the user invincible, based on the fact that the wand has had many owners. More than likely, it just acts as a boost of power. I think the fact that Voldemort was able to even slightly hold his own against Dumbledore (who was using the Elder wand at the time) at the Ministry of Magic, is a testament to his full power.

@Haofan123 said:

@DJSNuva1: Ganndalf the GREY beat the balrog in a 2 day confrontation. He died of his injuries and became gandalf the white. So miaigret is right for once

YES, Gandalf The Grey defeated The Balrog of Morgoth, nobody said he didn't. The point is that in this battle, Gandalf The Grey has NOT YET defeated The Balrog. Which is true, because if had defeated The Balrog at this point, he would be Gandalf The White.

@DJSNuva1: How does this matter anyway? even if he didn't beat the balrog yet, it doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to do so let alone voldemort

@Haofan123: Nobody is saying that Gandalf will for sure lose because he hasn't beaten the Balrog yet. We're just say that it shouldn't be a stomp. It should at least be a reasonable fight.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel