Fullmetal Alchemist vs Harry Potter

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Jan. 4, 2012. Last post by Haofan123 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Id still give it to team FMA. with bloodlust on, Gluttony would be spamming his false portal, And Ed would be raining down heavy artillery fire. Then theres hoenhiem, one of the most powerful characters in the entire series. If hes bloodlusted theres no telling what damage he could do and thats just for starters. Also, for all those people who are saying that the witches and wizards could turn the FMA team into frogs and the like, I would advise them to reread the books because the closest transfiguration has come to be used in combat was wen barty crouch jr turned malfoy into a ferret and that was a sneak attack. Other that that, transfiguration has never been applied in combat

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The fact that everyone in Harry Potter can fly and the mobility and ability to cast spells mid flight gives them a massive advantage over the land locked FMA characters.

@Haofan123 said:

Also, for all those people who are saying that the witches and wizards could turn the FMA team into frogs and the like, I would advise them to reread the books because the closest transfiguration has come to be used in combat was wen barty crouch jr turned malfoy into a ferret and that was a sneak attack. Other that that, transfiguration has never been applied in combat

He turned someone into a ferret with a sneak attack. Are you saying there would be no sneak attacks? Kinda crazy considering everyone can telelport instantly and Voldernmont and Dumbledore can do it silently. Or are you saying that because nobody has done it in the middle of a fight, then it's impossible to be done in the middle of a fight? If "never happened in the middle of a fight" is a rule then we can scratch off a lot of the FMA talk of things like spamming portals and Ed raining down artillery fire on people.

Post by Fehafare (9,329 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@sickVisionz: Sneak attack on normal people, yes.

Sneak attack on superhuman beings, no.

And also transfiguration is quiet obviously a non-combat ability.

And besides, anything HP verse does without having a shield up will end up speed blitzed out of the world.

And that is only if we assume that the barrier can hold the FMA firepower, which is questionable.

@Fehafare: I need examples of non-humongulous characters having faster than human speeds. Not to mention that everyone in HP with a broom has significantly faster speed than any human.

@sickVisionz: Was actually thinking about humongulous only, the rest of the FMA team isn't really necessary, but it helps.

And also HP characters with a broom aren't supersonic for sure.

@Fehafare said:

And also HP characters with a broom aren't supersonic for sure.

True but for this battle the only FMA characters they are slower than is Wraith and possibly Father (I don't recall it from the manga, but maybe I missed it), which makes me scratch my head when people are suggesting that everyone in FMA is going to speed blitz the HP verse.

I really get the impression that FMA will stomp Harry Potter is based on the idea that, despite wizards being natural mid to long range fighters, the HP verse is going to put down their wands and completely abandon all mid to long range attacks in an effort to rush down the FMA verse in a fist fight.

@sickVisionz: Sloth, even if it can't control the speed it can just rush in and kill many of them in that charge, Greed can keep up with Wrath and that would make him supersonic as well.

And from what i remember Lust's fingers were put at bullet speed.

Can you please tell me what will HP do in the long and mid range combat or combat in general other than the death spell?

@Fehafare: I was thinking Sloth when I said Wrath. There are way more spells than just the death curse and all of them are effect at any range, although the closer they are to the opponent the more chance it could get interrupted by physical actions, which makes them ideally suited for mid to long range usage:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_spells

@sickVisionz: Most of the spells can't be applied on combat, some of them were just mentioned but not used, some of them where there for the plot , some of them can were only used by specific characters and some of them are combative but useless in this fight.

And besides everyone on team FMA has the reactions to dodge the spells as they were already dodge by normal humans.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Harry potter characters are not even rifle or machine gun timers where as the FMA are and most of their spells aren't even that fast compare to a bullet...Hohenheim can also transmute their wands into a pencil or a flower with out the needs of touching them just by looking at them. also if its Bloodlusted Van can transmute the entire ground on the potter side with spikes that will kill them instantly. also you have Pride that can cut their wands in a instant and thats when Wrath comes in to slice their heads off. Envy can Shift form to one of the potter's team and confuse them and kill them. Gluttony can eat there magic with his true form. Lust can spear 10 in 2 seconds. so yeah even with an instant death spell it won't work on a Homuculus once they do the spell the next second they are dead. And since I saw some comments saying "Potter team can use transfiguration on FMA" well Van Hohenheim or Father (if he is included in this fight) can transmute all potter team into human chairs. Roy could burn their eyesockets just like he did against Envy but he will need Riza for that cuz he is blind in this fight ofcourse and she would also headshot multiple people on the other team.. so yeah I'll go with team FMA.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Homunculi aren't going down easy, Bradley is faster than anyone on Harry's Potter team, no one in Harry Potter is a bullet timer while Bradley on the other hands looks at bullets as if they are going in slow motion, he can possibly slice a few of the wizards before they even get a chance to say a spell, while Pride attacks are far to versatile and can attack from all directions, Gluttony with the false gate can suck anything and warp it into his dimension, Envy can manipulate the other team by shape shifting into anyone or anything, Lust is useless, Sloth also has the speed advantage, if he ends up charging at any of the wizards its good bye, then Greed who's skin is as hard as diamonds. Don't forget Van, he's the greatest alchemist here and was also on Par with Father.

Post by orko33 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

i'm a fan of both but you guys are really under powering the potter vese alot. to start some one could just transfigure al into a metal block and the would keep ed busy being the only one who can put him back. or transfigure him into wood and burn him. then theres mustang if hes blind and hawkeye is his eyes imperius curse which is mind controll and they can have her tell roy to hit his own guys. theres the impediment jinx would slow down the humongulous then with fiendfyre burn them just like roy did. invisiblaity cloaks to sneak up. avada kedavra (the killing curse) instant death for any one that gets hit by it. then also the confundus cruse which confuses the target which will make it very hard for anyone to transmute if they can't keep their thoughts clear. there also obliviate that could erase the truth and all the alchemic knowlage from ones mind. protego the shield charm. and many others spells that i can think of the would give the pottervese a great fighting chance if not the victory. of course arguments can be made for either side so just wanted to throw some more potter backing in here cuz it was mostly all fma.

Post by Phoenix_Wright (124 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Quick question, can the alchemist transform the entire Hogwarts school into some kinda giant golem to attack or a giant gun? Something like that?

@Phoenix_Wright said:

Quick question, can the alchemist transform the entire Hogwarts school into some kinda giant golem to attack or a giant gun? Something like that?

No I doubt it only Van Hohenheim or Father (like I said is he is inthis battle) can perform such a thing due to their powerful alchemy pluss the Philosepher's stone powering them up... so those two yes they can transmute the entire castle into a Golem or Canon thing but it will be pretty hard unless Father is in his God form then he could transmute it with ease.

Post by Phoenix_Wright (124 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@DBZ_universe: Oh I see, makes sense, this battle requires too much thinking for me haha.

@Phoenix_Wright: jaja true too much thinking but for me it's a stomp for the FMA team knowing they got Pride, Wrath, and Van Hohenheim or even Gluttony with his false portal form

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@orko33: Yeah but the Potter verse don't have the speed to stay in track with the FMA team, you have Bradley who effortlessly took down a tank along with an army of rifleman and simultaneously fought Greed the homunculi, old ninja (Who as well was a bullet timer), and a bunch of other armed men while avoiding a blood lust General! Also Instant Death won't work against the Homunculi, they have at least over thousands or hundreds of souls in-stored within their philosopher stone that will keep them living no matter the circumstances, then there's Envy with the unique ability to shape shift and turn into anyone he desires, he can easily just turn into one of the other teams comrades and sneak attack. Honestly I only see Voldemort holding off the Homunculi, also Father is included and so is Van, together their alchemy can take down buildings and such.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Fehafare: That's bull, as shown in the books transfiguration is certainly a combat spell (go back and read McGonagall vs Snape for one example). You are probably basing your statement on the movies, where the only spells that seem to be used in normal fights (probably to save money) are stunning and killing spells.

Voldemort and Dumbledore are going to be the major problems here, the kids probably go down without a fight. I'm not knowledgeable enough on FMA's feats to really say who would win here, but just to remind people Voldemort is capable of mind-hacking and possession (which could certainly be done through the barrier), plus Dumbledore is even more powerful. Also with a day's prep they could plant mandragoras in the ground (the things that kill with their scream), amass an army of house elves and fly in a few dragons for the occasion.

@GIRUGAMESH: Yes, to be honest never picked up a HP book. But OP didn't state which version we are using anyway. Main problem is still that most of them will be beheaded of they do anything outside the barrier. And Hohenheim could come up with a defensive barrier himself, so i am still leaning towards the FMA side due better firepower and physical stats.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Fehafare: Fair enough to believing that FMA still win this (could Hohenheim really create a barrier stronger than theirs though?), but unless the OP has specifically stated a version we use the most canon version, which happens to be those seen in the books; the movies are only adaptations. That's not to say the movies have zero credibility, but if it happened in the book then it can taken as truth.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel