frieza vs broly

Topic started by ktarinze on April 30, 2010. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,614 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
@ktarinze:  Broly's losses have been PIS brought on by Toei, especially in the case of his blast struggle with Goku and his sons which me and ReiKai have picked apart in enough past threads involving Broly. The training and experience didn't do much to help the characters out anyway as either being manipulated, not prepared for certain circumstances in battle, the arrogance and/or stupidity of the characters or timely intervention from others have delayed early defeats of the baddies and heroes during the Cell and Majin Buu sagas. Case in points:
 
-Vegita as an Ascended SSJ had the power to defeat Second Form Cell, but is manipulated to allow Cell to complete his transformation.
-Future Trunks arrogantly tries to engage Perfect Cell as a USSJ despite the muscle bulk from the transformation slowing him down, a fact Vegita was aware of.
-Goku allowing Cell to recover his strength with a Senzu Bean during the Cell Games after their fight.
-SSJ2 Gohan's increased aggression as a result of not being adapted to the transformation cost him enough opportunities to effortlessly kill Cell.
-Without Vegita's help, Gohan would have lost in his blast struggle with Super Perfect Cell.
-Goku not beating Fat Buu early on while an SSJ3. 
-Vegita and Goku choosing to fight despite their power output being high enough as SSJ2s to provide power for Fat Buu's resurrection.
-The arrogance of Gotenks wrecking early opportunities to kill off Super Buu (which led to the deaths of his loved ones as a result).
-Goku and Vegita choosing not to engage Kid Buu as Vegito.
-Even with training, Goku as a SSJ3 was barely holding his ground against Kid Buu.
-Without timely intervention from Mr. Satan and Dende, Goku wouldn't have been able to kill Kid Buu with his Spirit Bomb.
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Dream said:
" @ktarinze:  Broly's losses have been PIS brought on by Toei, especially in the case of his blast struggle with Goku and his sons which me and ReiKai have picked apart in enough past threads involving Broly. The training and experience didn't do much to help the characters out anyway as either being manipulated, not prepared for certain circumstances in battle, the arrogance and/or stupidity of the characters or timely intervention from others have delayed early defeats of the baddies and heroes during the Cell and Majin Buu sagas. Case in points:  -Vegita as an Ascended SSJ had the power to defeat Second Form Cell, but is manipulated to allow Cell to complete his transformation. -Future Trunks arrogantly tries to engage Perfect Cell as a USSJ despite the muscle bulk from the transformation slowing him down, a fact Vegita was aware of. -Goku allowing Cell to recover his strength with a Senzu Bean during the Cell Games after their fight. -SSJ2 Gohan's increased aggression as a result of not being adapted to the transformation cost him enough opportunities to effortlessly kill Cell. -Without Vegita's help, Gohan would have lost in his blast struggle with Super Perfect Cell. -Goku not beating Fat Buu early on while an SSJ3.  -Vegita and Goku choosing to fight despite their power output being high enough as SSJ2s to provide power for Fat Buu's resurrection.-The arrogance of Gotenks wrecking early opportunities to kill off Super Buu (which led to the deaths of his loved ones as a result). -Goku and Vegita choosing not to engage Kid Buu as Vegito. -Even with training, Goku as a SSJ3 was barely holding his ground against Kid Buu.-Without timely intervention from Mr. Satan and Dende, Goku wouldn't have been able to kill Kid Buu with his Spirit Bomb. "

true and good points some of those are BS especially the vegito and kid buu case i really dont understand why they did that but thats just some of the things that happen just like kid buu losing on a spirit bomb thanks to a wish
Post by ReiKai (3,515 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Another point: Vegeta preventing them from bringing Gohan to fight Kid Buu even knowing he could win, all so that Goku would use the Spirit Bomb, which takes a considerable amount of time to prepare and the willingness of people to share their power in order to create it. Had the last wish with Purunga not been made, to restore Goku's energy (as he had almost none left from using SS3 too long and fighting Kid Buu, whose power didn't appear to diminish at all), then the Genki Dama would've failed.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ktarinze: and frieza does too, what is your point?
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@ktarinze said:
"@Dream said:
"@ktarinze: In the world of DBZ, anyone who has the highest power level wins. No amount of training and experience can prepare you for everything, even taking on a monster like Broly. If we went along by your mentality, then that would be saying Master Roshi would steamroll the Z Fighters because he has the most "training and experience." It makes no sense whatsoever. "
that is not true because if thats the case cell owns everybody they had to go in time chamber to get close to cell so actually training and experience does matter so if we went off that cell would be the strongest by your menntality they trained to beat him why couldnt frieza train to beat broly "

they went in the time chamber to raise their powerlevels. Notice how they came out with FPSSJ and USSJ. They didnt go in there to become better fighters, they went in there to become stronger fighters. And as for this fight, Frieza gets destroyed. No amount of training can help save him from getting his insides blown out by Broly.
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@JThree47605 said:
"@ktarinze said:
"@Dream said:
"@ktarinze: In the world of DBZ, anyone who has the highest power level wins. No amount of training and experience can prepare you for everything, even taking on a monster like Broly. If we went along by your mentality, then that would be saying Master Roshi would steamroll the Z Fighters because he has the most "training and experience." It makes no sense whatsoever. "
that is not true because if thats the case cell owns everybody they had to go in time chamber to get close to cell so actually training and experience does matter so if we went off that cell would be the strongest by your menntality they trained to beat him why couldnt frieza train to beat broly "
they went in the time chamber to raise their powerlevels. Notice how they came out with FPSSJ and USSJ. They didnt go in there to become better fighters, they went in there to become stronger fighters. And as for this fight, Frieza gets destroyed. No amount of training can help save him from getting his insides blown out by Broly. "

well duh hes not training to become a better fighter lol he is training to become stronger my point is he is training to become stronger the other guy was saying training dosent matter
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@cfatalis said:
" @ktarinze: and frieza does too, what is your point? "

idk what you mean here
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Well freeza has this going for him..... 
 
  
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
But seriously freeza and cell are nothing compared to LSSJ, you need a higher tier villain. Htchyak in the ova "Plan to eradicate the saiya jins" is stated as being equal to brolly. Other than this only buu, janemba, and probably hildegarn are stronger than brolly in z (gt villains are another story) 
 
And of course you need this man to beat brolly 

Post by thirtyfojoe (20 posts) See mini bio Level 3

There is big difference between Frieza and Broly. ktarinze, you base your argument on training. The problem with that is that Saiyans ar born to train. In the series we learn that Saiyans have the ability to become stronger after every fight. Also, whenever they are seriously injured, once they recover their power increases dramatically. Due to DBZ's inconsistencies, these gains in power gauge anywhere from two fold (Vegeta doubling in strength after the battle with Zarbon) to 10+ fold (Goku after healing from his fight with Captain Ginyu). Therefore, it stands to reason that while training in Hell, Broly would be able to not only train more, but he can train harder. Not to mention his power gain would be massive. Frieza, being a non-saiyan villian would not recieve giant boosts of power every time he is wounded. So I have to rule in favor of Broly. It was almost ludicrous to put this bout into question, and without plot devises noone from Z would stand a snowball's chance in Hell of taking down Broly.
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@thirtyfojoe said:

"
There is big difference between Frieza and Broly. ktarinze, you base your argument on training. The problem with that is that Saiyans ar born to train. In the series we learn that Saiyans have the ability to become stronger after every fight. Also, whenever they are seriously injured, once they recover their power increases dramatically. Due to DBZ's inconsistencies, these gains in power gauge anywhere from two fold (Vegeta doubling in strength after the battle with Zarbon) to 10+ fold (Goku after healing from his fight with Captain Ginyu). Therefore, it stands to reason that while training in Hell, Broly would be able to not only train more, but he can train harder. Not to mention his power gain would be massive. Frieza, being a non-saiyan villian would not recieve giant boosts of power every time he is wounded. So I have to rule in favor of Broly. It was almost ludicrous to put this bout into question, and without plot devises noone from Z would stand a snowball's chance in Hell of taking down Broly. "


dude i forgot all about this thread but yeah frieza would need alot of training to beat him but if he gets it he has a chance but like i said before he will not beat ss2 teen gohan
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Humans have also shown the ability to get ridiculously strong from training, though Saiya-Jins receive Zenkai power ups from fights and near death experiences.  
Post by pacmanfrog101 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

I remember that it was stated that in his Final/Full Power form, his power level continued rising very slowly, to the point where he could not control it. Afterwards, he stuck to using his 1st form so he wouldn't use so much energy and possibly destroy himself from his body not being able to control the Power. If Broly did nothing, and Frieza trained hard in his Final/Full Power form, his power would rise fairly quickly. If he trained with Cell, his strength would have grown even faster. Frieza was just always so overconfident in his abilities, that he didn't find the need to train. So It is possible, he could surpass Broly with many years of training.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Why is this in the world?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Why is this in the world?

Better question: why did the noob who posted before you revive it?

Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
Why revive a two year old thread that is especially a stomp??
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel