Father (FMA Brotherhood) vs Tobi (Naruto)

Topic started by deathmonger on March 29, 2012. Last post by Yusuke52 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9

No prep

Death/Knockout

Slight Info on each other

Fight takes place in a empty NY like city

Both know the location well

Father (Super Mode or whatever it was called)

Tobi (Current with Rinnegan and Sharringan no 6 paths)

VS

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Tobi to me.

Post by One_Piece_God (561 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Can't Farther just use him as a human sacrifice.

Can't he also manipulate matter down to a molecular lvl.

Can't he also transmute the oxygen into something dangerous e.g CO, SO2 etc

Post by Yusuke52 (427 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Fathers power puts him above the whole HST, Tobi included.

He is able to survive molecular deconstruction, and he is able to transmute anything that touches his body, or without moving for that matter. Not to mention he has over half a million souls in his philosophers stone. He will make Tobi his personal slave a few seconds into this fight, that or just add him to the stone.

Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Tobi is in such a huge disadvantage in this match that it isn't even funny. Father's body is capable of transmuting just about anything that is within vicinity of him to the point where physical contact with him would lead a normal person to be screwed over the moment they try connecting a physical blow on him. Even if Tobi should somehow manage to kill Father with any ability in his arsenal, Father in his final form has the combined souls of those in Amestris and Xerxes in his body allowing him to regenerate from any damage inflicted on him. 

Considering stipulations allow a win by knockout, the only possible chance I could see Tobi snagging a victory is if he could make use of his Sharingan to incapacitate Father via genjutsu since it doesn't seem Father has any form of resistance against mind manipulation. Otherwise, Tobi's options of taking out Father are extremely limited in this match.
Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Father takes this, imo
Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Unless Tobi has alchemy and alot of prep he loses.

-Tobi has intangibility making him unable to be hit by alchemy

-Tobi is also to BFR Father to his dimension.

I am not sure what without the 6 paths means, does it mean you don't have the power of the rinnengan or you don't have the assist of the sic jinchuuriki.

Either way if Tobi as either one those he has destructive capacity that greatly surpasses Father's one .

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,446 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Dream said:

Tobi is in such a huge disadvantage in this match that it isn't even funny. Father's body is capable of transmuting just about anything that is within vicinity of him to the point where physical contact with him would lead a normal person to be screwed over the moment they try connecting a physical blow on him. Even if Tobi should somehow manage to kill Father with any ability in his arsenal, Father in his final form has the combined souls of those in Amestris and Xerxes in his body allowing him to regenerate from any damage inflicted on him. Considering stipulations allow a win by knockout, the only possible chance I could see Tobi snagging a victory is if he could make use of his Sharingan to incapacitate Father via genjutsu since it doesn't seem Father has any form of resistance against mind manipulation. Otherwise, Tobi's options of taking out Father are extremely limited in this match.

exactly

tobi cant attack and be intangible at the same time so he wont be BFRing anyone without putting himself at risk of attack. tobi has no knowledge on father's abilities. the minute he tries to go in and BFR Him father snaps his fingers and transmutes them all...unless im misinterpreting father's abilities

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MrASSH0LE said:

-Tobi has intangibility making him unable to be hit by alchemy

-Tobi is also to BFR Father to his dimension.

I am not sure what without the 6 paths means, does it mean you don't have the power of the rinnengan or you don't have the assist of the sic jinchuuriki.

Either way if Tobi as either one those he has destructive capacity that greatly surpasses Father's one .

I agree if he sends him to his dimension he wins via BFR.

Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SpeedForceSpider: Not happening. As FormerCrimsonKing noted, Tobi needs to make physical contact with his foe before he can make use of his space-time jutsu to warp them. The problem with using this against Father though is that any physical contact with his body will result in the unlucky sap who touches him getting deconstructed.
Post by DrifterInGreen (27 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Father lost at the end of Fullmetal Alchemist due to years of preparation against him and the fact that he was toying with his enemies. In a serious fight with no preparation the only way Tobi has a chance is if he uses genjutsu and makes Father attack himself.

@MrASSH0LE: Not only does Tobi need to be tangible to attack the intangibility has a time limit after which he is left vulnerable as seen when he fought Konan and he used Izanagi to escape and even in that brief moment of vulnerability he had been significantly damaged.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Dream: Well then Izanagi is his last hope then, He doesn't really have any current feats that gauges what he can do at the moment.

@FormerCrimsonKing said:

tobi cant attack and be intangible at the same time so he wont be BFRing anyone without putting himself at risk of attack. tobi has no knowledge on father's abilities. the minute he tries to go in and BFR Him father snaps his fingers and transmutes them all...unless im misinterpreting father's abilities

@DrifterInGreen said:

: Not only does Tobi need to be tangible to attack the intangibility has a time limit after which he is left vulnerable as seen when he fought Konan and he used Izanagi to escape and even in that brief moment of vulnerability he had been significantly damaged.

I never said he could do both at the same time.He doesn't need to attack as he intangible all he has to do is use jinchuurikis or summon Kyuubi.

Or he could just avoid Father's attacks with a combination intangibility and well timed teleportation knowing Tobi was keeping with the hypersonic Yondaime then we have no reason to say that he couldn't react to Father's attacks when he himself only has supersonic reaction time.

@MrASSH0LE: Avoiding his attacks is easier said than done, given that he is able to transmute all the air in the vicinity into a deadly substance combined with that fact that he can only remain intangible for up to 5 mins, leaves him unable to take any action against Father without getting himself killed one way or another. And his reaction time is not really a factor given that he has close to 1,000,000 souls in his PS, which would require him to die 1,000,000 times to be killed for good, and coupled with that fact the air is now a deadly substance of your choice, Tobi would only be killing himself anytime he wanted to attack Father.

@Yusuke52 said:

And his reaction time is not really a factor given that he has close to 1,000,000 souls in his PS, which would require him to die 1,000,000 times to be killed for good, and coupled with that fact the air is now a deadly substance of your choice, Tobi would only be killing himself anytime he wanted to attack Father.

He doesn't need to kill him as I said BFR is an option.

Father would run out of souls eventually.Did the Sacrifices and the state alchemists need to kill Father this many times ? No, they just tried to make him use his stone until he ran out and got swallowed by Truth.Nothing says he could block or even comeback from a beast bomb with mountain or multi mountain level destruction, to insist he could is a no- limit fallacy.

he can only remain intangible for up to 5 mins, leaves him unable to take any action against Father without getting himself killed one way or another

Jinchuurikis or Kyuubi should be able to attack him regardless of Tobi's state.

Also I am pretty sure God Father only barely surpassed five minutes.

@MrASSH0LE: Avoiding his attacks is easier said than done, given that he is able to transmute all the air in the vicinity into a deadly substance combined with that fact that he can only remain intangible for up to 5 mins himself anytime he wanted to attack Father.

I don't remember Father or any alchemist transmuting air but even if that was happening ,Tobi would still be intangible for 5 minutes hence the gas would not affect him.Or he could teleport depending on the scale.

@MrASSH0LE: If you had read the rules of the match you would know this is Tobi on his own, there are no others fighting with him. The BFR wont work since Father could easily just use the Gate to get back ala PS.

Im not suggesting he can survive its power, I am saying a Biju Dama from a non Jinchuriki like Tobi is going to be difficult for him to create...

Mustang is able to alter the heat of the air in order to make girls pass out so he can run to their aid, more or less his chat up line. I am sure that the founder of modern alchemy is able to do the same.

Eventually, yes he would run out of souls. Against Tobi? Not a chance in hell. At most you could argue for a tie, but his power puts him far above the whole HST, given the fact that Tobi has nothing that can kill him, put him down, immobilize him or harm him in any fashion.

And why bring up no-limit fallacy? You have no reason to bring that up in conjunction with a Biju Dama since Tobi is unable to use them... so yeah what was the point of it?

@Yusuke52 said:

@MrASSH0LE: If you had read the rules of the match you would know this is Tobi on his own, there are no others fighting with him. The BFR wont work since Father could easily just use the Gate to get back ala PS.

The rules state Tobi doesn't have the 6 paths , here is the definition link . How exactly does this prevent jinchuriki usage?I didn't really get whaty ou said about the gate could you reformulate it?.

Mustang is able to alter the heat of the air in order to make girls pass out so he can run to their aid, more or less his chat up line. I am sure that the founder of modern alchemy is able to do the same.

In the non-canon 2003 anime series iirc.

Eventually, yes he would run out of souls. Against Tobi? Not a chance in hell. At most you could argue for a tie, but his power puts him far above the whole HST, given the fact that Tobi has nothing that can kill him, put him down, immobilize him or harm him in any fashion.

As I said you don't have to kill him all you have to do it make him run out of power or BFR him.And are you actually suggesting Tobi is weaker then state alchemists who were able to make Father run out of power . And Tobi isn't alone he has jinchuurikis and has shown an ability to summon Kyuubi.

Post by DrifterInGreen (27 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@MrASSH0LE: In order to summon something he would have to become tangible (and Tobi's Sharigan and Rinnegan form is long after he lost the ability to summon Kurama)

@Yusuke52 said:

Mustang's flame abilities come from concentrating the amount of oxygen which creates streams of flame when ignited with a spark and what you were talking about is where he increases the oxygen around the girl to make her light headed.

@MrASSH0LE: The 6 Paths are his other 6 bodys, he does not have them. Thats why Nagato was called the 6 Paths of Pain, he had 6 bodys each representing a different path. Hence why there will be no Biju Dama here. Or in laymans terms the only reason he can use the Biju Dama is because he used the bodys of Jinchuriki as his 6 paths, with out them he cant use it at all. He would still have be able to use the standard rinnegan powers, like Shinra Tensei and whatnot.

Tobi will be waiting a very long time for him to run out of power, need I remind you that he was fighting off an army of people when he was losing that number of souls. And Tobi's greatest feat of destruction is that of building level, without his 6 paths. Not to mention his durability is around the same. His attacks will make no significant change to his PS at all. Now while he does have the Rinnegan, the only real difference it could make to the combat side of this is Shinra Tensei, but once again he would need to be tangible to use it which would put him at the mercy of Father again. The only way they managed to kill him was Greed altering his skin to a more brittle substance and then Ed punched a hole through his chest allowing the Xerxesian Souls to escape. Unless tobi can replicate that I cant see him doing any damage to Father.

Father would sacrifice one or more of the souls in his PS to open the gate and either use it for transportation, or to learn the truth behind Tobi's dimension and a way to escape.

Strange, I watched the 2003 and version at least 3 times I dont remember him saying that (Could have just forgot), Ah well I can alter it. The PS allows him to bypass the laws of equivalence, allowing him to transmute any substance into another substance as long as he has the souls to do so. Air is a substance and is suceptiable to this.

Or this (pulled this off the wiki, since I thought it was worded better there) (And wow why did I not just say this in the first place lol)

Made of "pyrotex/ignition cloth" and embroidered with unique flame alchemy transmutation circles, these gloves create a spark when Roy rubs his fingers together and allow him to manipulate the concentration of oxygen in the air surrounding his target, raising its density to a level at which it becomes a volatile and flammable oxidizer, and creating narrow pathways of oxygen through which he can direct the ensuing flame that blossoms from the spark. The 'snap' sound is caused by the instantaneous speed at which the highly concentrated gases and sparks react together and pop (not his fingers actually 'snapping', to common belief.)

He has summoned Kurama, that much is true but, as we saw from the real Madara he cannot summon it unless its under his control, which it is not unless the OP allows it to be. Besides by the time his hand hits the ground to summon it, he would be impaled through the chest by the earth, which Father just transmuted.

Also some of the alchemists in FMA are above Tobi in some areas, given that he is not very destructive or durable. But he does beat them in speed and stamina of course.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel