facepalm awards!!! :)

Topic started by FLCL1 on Aug. 23, 2009. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Kurohige (3,702 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well I got caught up on what's been going on, and I will give my input on a few things:

1. The whole Machine gun fire being Massively Hypersonic argument going on here: Going by what was posted I can see why Fehafare would think that it was a claim talking about the guns firing hypersonic+ bullets. But after the explanation from Speedforspider I can sorta see what he was getting at, not saying it was correct but I can understand. All in all he did admit he was wrong so I don't see what the fuss is about anymore. Although admittedly I think arguments in a thread that begs one to call out another is a given, I can't see why Speedforcespider came at Fehafare like he did; nobody wants to just be called out like that, especially when this should have been cleared up in the actual thread just to get clarification BEFORE going to the facepam awards thread.

2. Calcs not being accepted on Animevice/ OBD being full of haters: Coming from someone who has been on animevice since early 2009 as Tradog (One of my earlier debates from 4 1/2 years ago, I was debating for Goku against Kizaru lol http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/kizaru-op-vs-goku-kaio-ken/203244/ ) and being a member of the OBD since mid 2010 I can say that this whole Whisky media vs OBD/ KMC thing has been going on a while and I must say it is just stupid; both sites have AMAZING debaters as the OBD has Willyvereb, EndlessMike, Other Galaxy, Fang, Brohan, MAPSK, Imagine, Furosuto and more, and this site has Dream, Sonata, Yusuke52, GIRUGAMESH, Ferhafare, Orthus, Destinyheroknight, Haofan123, GeneralVan, Solesamurai, Reikai, Newdeath, Hitsusatsu11, and more. And both sides have trolls and bad debaters.

Now that being said, calcs are NOT useless, that is absurd, the calcs are backed up with evidence, feats, and facts to back them up, calcs help do what the manga can't or what an author does not explain. For example without calcs we would still have Toriko characters as multi city block yet thanks to the Mount Turtles calc the 4 kings alone are now country level and that itself is widely accepted by people here. Without calcs DBZ characters would be VASTLY weaker on here, most JJBA characters would not be FTL, and there would be no such thing as No Limits Fallacy. If you think calcs are made up check out the Luffy vs Jolyne Kujo thread about the meteors and try telling me calcs don't make sense or don't help, or that author statement (Which inmost cases are non-esistent and leads to nothing but speculation and super power scaling) or more prominent: http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/jolyne-kujo-vs-monkey-d-luffy/339075/?page=last

If we took author statements over evidence and calcs we would actualy believe crap like "Sanji's fire did not burn him because his heart burned even hotter!" making people believe Sanji>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ace because Sanji is amune to fire or something silly, or that Luffy is "immune" to blunt force when he only has high resistence to it (There is a BIG difference between immune and resistant.) We would also have people still believing Yusuke is a casual planet buster, or Burter was the fastest in the universe ect. Author/Character statements<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<What actually happens in the manga. If Oda states in an interview that Luffy can stretch infinitely and then the next chapter Luffy maxes out at 70 feet and says "I can't go any further!" are you really going to knock someone's calc and say that "Oda said it can go as far as he wants!" no, that's stupid. Calcs are good, some are bad but not all. It's like that argument in religion "The Earth is only 4,000 years old! What? You say scientist state it is over billions of years old!? You blasphemous heathen! The word of God>>>>>you foolish calculations and evidence!" Sorry if I offended any religious people, I'm religious myself but that's how the argument tends to go, even I know that.

3. Lastly, this whole veteran debater thing. I have been her for roughly 5 years now and been involved in everything, look at my profile I have done many wiki edits, reviews, been involved with debates, anime discussions, pod cast, RPs , pretty much everything here since 2009, I have debated with old users like Nerx, Deacon Sephiroth, Newdeath, and Sonata. But even so, there are new debaters that are above me such as Yusuke52, Orthus, and Hitsusatsu11, so this whole need to feel superior based on how long you have been here has always been silly to me, I would rather be that new rookie that wowed everyone and brought something new than that old veteran who is a jerk and doesn't debate very well. A veteran is someone who has put in work and has lots of experience, not just someone who made an account long ago since you can't sing up for the military and be put on the reserves for 10 years and then consider yourself a veteran alongside the people that actually went out and fought for just as long, right? I don't think one should feel it an insult not to be considered a veteran by others.

Sorry for the rant and rave, jsut wanted to give my 2 cents one this.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Kurohige: Amazing! Now I feel bad for calling my self a veteran lol.

But yeah I get your whole post.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe:

Julius, let us take a bow as prime examples of said trolls on debate forums.

@MarioRedfield: What? What you mean Revolver?

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

He mentioned there being trolls here on AnimeVice... that's us!

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe said:

He mentioned there being trolls here on AnimeVice... that's us!

Oh lol... yes that would be us lol...

Post by Kurohige (3,702 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Lol not even.

Post by othus12 (6,679 posts) See mini bio Level 13

so it seems someone thinks goku at 23 budokai is FTL

.If Kami was unable to see them and they weren't much faster,than goku and piccolo going FTL makes sense.He can't see them becuase an image can't be formed.In Saiyan Saga,DB characters get so fast they have to sense their ki to sense or even see them.EX:Yamcha vs. Saibamen.Going so fast they're Invisible to the human eye=FTL

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12: LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Fail of the year!

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,033 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I FACEPALM FOR AMERICA EVERY DAMN DAY!!!!

YOU CAN HAVE THIS THREAD BACK.

*Mic drop*

In some thread some people actually think Aizen can beat Goku lulz....and that Goku needs SSJ3 to keep up.

@DBZ_universe: Try reading this. The guy says Vegeta's Final Flash is faster than light LMAO!!!!!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/goku/4005-19765/forums/goku-is-way-faster-than-light-27647/?page=2

Post by KingOfAsh (1,381 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Nappa vs Lilith. How is Nappa supposed to kill a life wiping etherial being with only physical attacks?

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Oh My God....I'm dying of laughter.

DBZ-tards are the worst tards I've ever come across....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fhIJGIfic&lc=q8ItCXduYTewlWeEaYw-LmPaJIgCqzyxr_TlGhVuxMA

@supernova7005 said:

Oh My God....I'm dying of laughter.

DBZ-tards are the worst tards I've ever come across....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fhIJGIfic&lc=q8ItCXduYTewlWeEaYw-LmPaJIgCqzyxr_TlGhVuxMA

-_-.......

Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20
And people wonder why Superman/Goku battles are banned here.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Sonata: I wonder who started this whole goku vs superman debate in the first place?

Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SMXLR8: It started like all battles do, as just a simple question.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Sonata: sure it looks good on paper , but if we knew then what we know now this battle should have never been made

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel