facepalm awards!!! :)

Topic started by FLCL1 on Aug. 23, 2009. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

This thread should get a Facepalm award cause users are debating a battle here and it's totally off topic...

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Dream said:

Let me begin by showing you just how much you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Actually I do, and both of us seem to be misunderstanding things since I thought you must have been some kind of wanker. Still think your logic is flawed in areas, but I see you know more than anyone who would wank to a series. Time to play defense:

Absolute zero is basic terms is specifically bringing an object to a point where no more heat can be extracted from it. Do you get it yet?

Absolute zero is still technically considered a form of temperature as it is considered the coldest that can possibly occur where any type of molecular motion is completely halted.

'personification"(which isn't an accurate word to use and you used the word wrong)

Check a thesaurus or dictionary. Personification and representation have the same meaning.

What? if the highest Enel has shown he can do is 5 billions volts, why ask if he can generate 200million? Like seriously?

Because 200 million volts was the highest showing of electrical output he generated while battling Luffy and the Straw Hats.

Electromagnetism and light physics are 2 completely different things.

Not quite. Visible and ultraviolet light are part of the electromagnetic spectrum (types of energy traveling in waves through space), with the former seeming to be what Kizaru is manipulating in One Piece.

i don't know how you decided that if he personified magma he could control the sun

This one, I would concede to having fucked up in my thinking of considering the differences between a star and planet.

I'll say it again. Kizaru, has multiple times on panel attacked, moved and fought at light speed.

And I still disagree with the highlighted points, as well as Enel being lightning speed, with the biggest issues having to do with reaction speed (as both can't instantly react to threats at said speeds as they still have to plan how to attack and have physical limitations) and the ridiculous leap in stats to credibly think that such speeds make other One Piece characters massively hypersonic now, especially as the CP9 (later foes after Enel) were never depicted to be at such speeds.

no matter how fast he moved or how much voltage [Enel] generated, luffy being a rubber man, wouldn't be effected

Actual lightning can still generate enough heat where it could cause rubber to melt. The shocking wouldn't effect Luffy considering rubber is an insulator to electricity, but enough heat generated from a bolt of lightning would make things messy for the Straw Hat Pirate's flesh.

8. I don't know about CerusSerenade, but i doubt GIRUGAMESH being a fellow One piece fan would not know how Logia powers work. And he also never agreed with anything you said in that thread, he basically was telling me to stop raging at you because for some reason he thought you "conceded" the debate which it's obvious you never did since you're still replying to me. he basically wanted me to stop beating the dead horse since in his head I had already won. Which is why he told me to ignore you, the only thing he did agree with you on was the Gin thing being possibly hyperbole which i admitted him was completely possible. So no, you could get maybe 1 person to agree and that's doubtful since I doubt CerusSerenade doesn't read One piece or at least know how logia powers work.

You mean this:

Have to say, there is a case for Kizaru as far as lightspeed is concerned. Lightspeed reactions? Of course not, he'd be the strongest character in OP if that was the case. But lightspeed travel is something believable for him, given that he does travel as light.

He said traveling at light speed was in the realm of possibility (the only area I agree with), but not necessarily for combat movement/ reaction speed as light travels in a straight line and Kizaru still needs to think out how to attack and react in his light form, as well as find anything to reflect off of to transport around the battle area if needed and not do something stupid like travel to another part of the world by mistake.

because reading this it looks like you made it all up(you'd know how absolute zero works, what the sun is, and how light and electromagnetism are completely different if you did even a brief google search)

I did Google search much of my stuff , fool. -_-*

you then go on to say you read wiki's(which are known for being edited by radical fanboys/girls)for knowledge on this since you refuse to read the mangas

This can happen, but most instances I've come across wikis feature information that is credible from my perspective and consistent from what I've come across on other sites. You still have many folks that frolic to Wikipedia for information since it houses information on various topics.

Girugamesh said he probably couldn't react that fast, which is completely different from actually physically attacking. Kizaru cannot think at light speed, he can however attack at those speeds(such as his light speed kick etc). And kizaru wouldn't need to follow the law of reflection to travel either, that implies he can't travel where he wants which he can.

It didn't really look like you researched anything, as far as the electromagnetic spectrum goes, light is still independent from it and as such Kizaru would not be able to effect it. This is evident in the opposite directions as well, Magneto is a master at manipulating the electromagnetic spectrum, but he can't do anything to light. See my point?

And still using a wiki for anything other than reference is basically taboo for the reason i stated, you didn't just reference it, you used it as your basis for research and proof, which wasn't a very intelligent decision. Like I said absolute zero temperature goes far beyond basic cryogenics, just like "absolute hot" goes far beyond pyrokenetics, it's all heat control until we get a better explanation of it.

Whether or not you believe it is moot, I never said all OP characters where this strong, and they are not depicted as so. the only 2 who can say they are massively hypersonic atm are Enel and kizaru, luffy is arguable due to gears but that's it. No one else contends in speed, power however is a completely different story.

I'd like to apologize for raging at you, I was just getting irritated and you didn't deserve that.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,389 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Goku vs The One Above All

Read it and die of an anurism.

@KingOfAsh said:

LMAO!!!

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@KingOfAsh said:

I lold too hard.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@KingOfAsh: @DBZ_universe: @UltimateHero0406: I just.... that's just not even funny.

@MarioRedfield: You are right, its hilarious.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,221 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@KingOfAsh said:

this is too sad to be a facepalm but rather an intervention is needed

I seem to have gone out of my way to look for more...

Naruto vs The Living Tribunal...

Wonder who wins?

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I like how the whole basis of the argument in that thread was naruto will find a way!!11!! derp!!!11! vs The living tribunal is omnipotent!!1!!!111!(Which isn't true btw)

It's not just anime fans embarrassing themselves...

My Little Pony vs COIE Anti-Monitor

And then...

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Just read this and tell me what you all think.

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/wrath-of-asura-vs-the-olympians/339177/

Post by Kobra678 (3,175 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@KingOfAsh said:

That was just sad. The funny part about it though that they were being completely serious. I mean really? TOAA being pure love? I don't even read comics and I know that TOAA could think everything in existence gone. (Disregarding other omnipotents)

@ChromeDisaster said:

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/wrath-of-asura-vs-the-olympians/339177/

Jajaja.. yeah this deserves a huge face palm award. Too funny

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,752 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@KingOfAsh said:

This one is funny

@KingOfAsh said:

Wonder who wins?

This one is fucking hilarious

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

@KingOfAsh said:

This one is funny

@KingOfAsh said:

Wonder who wins?

This one is fucking hilarious

Too funny...

Get ready Ichigo vs Spectre and Luffy vs IG Thanos with HOTU is next.

@Kuma_From_Argentina: All I needed to see was that guy saying Naruto is a moon-buster in sage mode LMAO. That's worse than anything I've ever seen!!!

Post by 321zigzag1 (644 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@DBZ_universe said:

@ChromeDisaster said:

@DBZ_universe: I know you remember this!

Jajaja.. yeah this deserves a huge face palm award. Too funny

Greek Myths universal?

Also ASura with the universal I am still very skeptical as you already know. I could care less if he is in the end. Anyway, at least Asura is more deserving of the wank unlike Kratos.

@ChromeDisaster

said:

@Kuma_From_Argentina: All I needed to see was that guy saying Naruto is a moon-buster in sage mode LMAO. That's worse than anything I've ever seen!!!

At the rate he is going I won't be surprised if that actually occurs. Which would make my day.

@ChromeDisaster said:

Actually some Narutrolls have said that on You Tube LOL and they said that Frieza loses to Naruto cause he has less forms LOL

@321zigzag1: If my suspicions are correct, when and if Minato unlocks the other half of the Kyubi's chakra for Naruto, I dont see a reason for him not to be. It's gonna be overkill if it happens. But I'm still upset that he's not fighting Sasuke anymore. That was the only reason it was still worth me reading.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel