facepalm awards!!! :)

Topic started by FLCL1 on Aug. 23, 2009. Last post by takashichea 8 months ago.
Post by Dream (8,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@othus12: The whole Arceus controversy and what you four contributed to it for actions is what led me to make the induction.

And this thread isn't just for stupid statements. It can also be for stupid debates, like trying to get Raigen to know the proper definition of a swordsman.

Still stands as one of the more sillier moments of logic I've seen on Anime Vice.

Post by Masterofdeath (2,262 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@CerusSerenade: Hiruku has main character immunity. As that auto killing thing never targeted anyone but what was summoned by the main characters. You could also go through the battle and never have Hiruku launch a attack at YHVH. A person could have won with only usign Aleph, Lucifer, and Shira or shiva not very clear on that video.

Post by eddz99 (2,658 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@CerusSerenade said:

@Masterofdeath: I never denied that, but that doesn't change the fact that YHVH could be killed (that his durability was that low) by a human.

He let himself be killed, in other words, suicide.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,818 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@eddz99: There's a difference between letting attacks hit him and him destroying himself. Obviously his durability must be low if he can't take hits from humans.

: That really doesn't mean anything when a human can inflict the same damage as a so called "multiversal demon." Speaking of which I have seen no clips or feats of any of the demons doing anything remotely multiversal.

@CerusSerenade: I remember reading in the first game that the guns had magic bullets so it would make sense that it would carry on to the next. So it would make sense that magic bullets could hurt him. Also who cares about crappy durability when you have a auto kill move.

@Masterofdeath: So you're saying that magic bullets used by a human can hurt YHVH? That doesn't change much.

@CerusSerenade: actually it does. The magic bullets are what makes the difference. You could give Goku the magic bullets and he could kill him but without them he couldn't

@Masterofdeath: Babidi was a magic user but he was still not capable of stopping Buu. Magic is not an automatic "able to kill God" button. The gun is magic, the user isn't, YHVH still died to humans.

@CerusSerenade: the bullets did the damage not the human

@CerusSerenade said:

@eddz99: There's a difference between letting attacks hit him and him destroying himself. Obviously his durability must be low if he can't take hits from humans.

: That really doesn't mean anything when a human can inflict the same damage as a so called "multiversal demon." Speaking of which I have seen no clips or feats of any of the demons doing anything remotely multiversal.

He is a god remember? He can make his durability low, even vegeta can do that.

@eddz99: Then the argument also stands for Arceus as well.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Dream said:

Think it's time to bring this baby back from the dead.

Thanks to my good "friend", solesamurai.

I can't believe you had the balls to actually attempt to dub what i was saying a facepalm when it was pretty fucking obvious you were being a stubborn cunt in that thread.

@solesamurai: I see you haven't cleaned your language up yet from when you went into a rage. And I'll keep peppering the same statement until it gets hammered into your head:

NO ONE IN THE HST IS MASSIVELY HYPERSONIC OR LIGHT SPEED! RELYING ENTIRELY ON CHARACTER STATEMENTS FOR FEATS IS RIDICULOUS (ESPECIALLY SINCE MANY SUCH CASES OF THEIR USE IN SHOUNEN ANIME IS HYPERBOLE) AND JUST BECAUSE SAID CHARACTERS DEMONSTRATE LIGHT OR LIGHTNING MANIPULATION DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN USE THEM AS FAST AS THE ACTUAL ELEMENT FOR BATTLE IN MANY INSTANCES.

@Dream said:

@solesamurai: I see you haven't cleaned your language up yet from when you went into a rage. And I'll keep peppering the same statement until it gets hammered into your head:

NO ONE IN THE HST IS MASSIVELY HYPERSONIC OR LIGHT SPEED! RELYING ENTIRELY ON CHARACTER STATEMENTS FOR FEATS IS RIDICULOUS (ESPECIALLY SINCE MANY SUCH CASES OF THEIR USE IN SHOUNEN ANIME IS HYPERBOLE) AND JUST BECAUSE SAID CHARACTERS DEMONSTRATE LIGHT OR LIGHTNING MANIPULATION DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN USE THEM AS FAST AS THE ACTUAL ELEMENT FOR BATTLE IN MANY INSTANCES.

And I'll say it again, Kizaru has shown multiple time he can move at light speed attack at light speed and fight at light speed along with character statements. Actual feats > whatever the fuck you think is true. FACT IS Kizaru is light speed. FACT IS Enel is lightning speed. FACT IS Ichigo is at the very least 100-200x speed of sound reaction wise. FACT IS being an element and manipulating 1 are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS, in One piece a logia user is whatever element they represent. Blackbeard is Darkness, Aokiji is Ice, Akainu is magma, Ace is fire, and kizaru is fucking light. I REPEAT THEY ARE THE ELEMENTS THEY REPRESENT, THEY DO NOT FUCKING MANIPULATE THEM. Have you even read a single chapter of one piece? because this shit isn't rocket science. Kizaru has shown consistently he can move at light speed, the only instance where he didn't was when he fought Rayleigh and he choose to not go that route since rayleigh was a haki master, no matter how fast he moved, rayleigh would it was coming. This is what i've been trying to beat into your retarded little head, but you won't take your tinfoil hat off long enough to absorb the info.

And if you don't read anything else i just wrote please note this, feats and MULTIPLE character statements are far greater in authenticity than whatever bullshit you can come up with to defend yourself. If these character have proven multiple times that they can do what I've stated they can, why is it so hard to accept you were wrong? You made a gross under estimation of various characters(most likely due to lack of knowledge) and that's respectable. what isn't respectable is constant fangirlism, blatant ignorance, and sheer stubbornness. That's what I raged about, If you stated multiple times to someone the same thing, and all they kept saying back to you was that it wasn't true because basically they said so. You'd rage at it too. Everyone on this site knows how logia powers work, and I could get multiple people to agree with everything I said. I think it best you just let this go and save what little bit of dignity you have left in this debate, you should also consider doing research on one piece characters and their powers before you make wild assumptions and generalizations. hell you should probably consider reading up on OP Bleach and Naruto in general, since it's obvious you had no idea what you were talking about in this debate.

FACT IS being an element and manipulating 1 are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS, in One piece a logia user is whatever element they represent.

Okay, genius. Let's just say I go along with your logic. Could Aokiji freeze his opponents enough to absolute zero temperature? Can Enel generate more than 200 million volts of lightning (the maximum voltage he's shown to generate in One Piece as ToAru's Mikoto Misaka can generate much higher electric voltages up to 5 billion volts)? Can Kizaru manipulate any form of imaginable light (as in anything on the electromagnetic spectrum)? Can Akainu manipulate the heat of the sun? Elemental manipulators have limits to how they manipulate their elements and what they can do with them, which is what I'm seeing with the Logia users you claim personify the elements.

And since you still insist on saying that a person manipulating lightning or light can move and react at that speed, let us use Naruto as an example of how relying on that logic is flawed since most folks can agree the series is at the bottom of the totem pole for strongest in the HST for many characters. At a point in the series, Sasuke makes use of his Kirin attack on Itachi which is a large lightning attack he generated through the heat of various fire jutsu aimed at the air. The attack comes down much slower than a ground to air lightning bolt would move at and before the emergence of Pein and Naruto's Sage Mode upgrade, the most speed seen with characters in the series up to that point was agreed to be at high-end supersonic. Still willing to bet that any lightning or light attack generated can move at such speeds and that anyone reacting to it has reaction speeds at such extent?

Or even better, how about I use Avatar: The Last Airbender as an example of this flawed logic. Many of the characters in the series are peak humans in their movement and reaction speed, with some of the Firebenders capable of manipulating and generating lightning. Would you consider said peak humans now lightning-timers just because they can react to said lightning attack coming from a Firebender?

and MULTIPLE character statements are far greater in authenticity than whatever bullshit you can come up with to defend yourself.

Here's the problem though: said character statements in many instances can be a big load of hyperbole used only to exaggerate the mentioned feats in question and make them look seem more impressive to the reader/ viewer than they really are. Long-running shounen anime like Bleach and Naruto regularly make use of it. I can name a number of examples where it's a load of crap when a character utters hyperbole:

• Itachi's Amaterasu flames being hot as the sun (shown only to be hotter than regular fire jutsu and burning through the stomach of one of Jiraiya's toad summons).
  • Yamamoto's bankai capable of generating temperatures as hot as 14,000,000 degrees (all life in Soul Society and Earth would be instantly vaporized at such temperatures if this were true).
  • Cell's final ki blast on Gohan being a solar-system buster or random foe being a universe-buster (Before the newest DBZ movie [which I've yet to see], characters at most are only shown busting planets).
  • Gin Ichimaru being Mach 500 in speed (doubtful it's true since the guy's been regularly portrayed as a liar and troublemaker enough throughout Bleach).

Everyone on this site knows how logia powers work, and I could get multiple people to agree with everything I said.

And I could just as easily get multiple people on this site to agree with me that your logic is a load of crap, like CerusSerenade or GIRUGAMESH.

hell you should probably consider reading up on OP Bleach and Naruto in general, since it's obvious you had no idea what you were talking about in this debate.

I've looked into various points of the anime and manga source materials to the mentioned three to keep tabs on what goes on for character feats and abilities, as well as researched through enough online forums and wikis to know what goes on with current events in the source material (as I've got little time to read through hundreds of manga chapters and anime episodes all at once since I juggle real life priorities and my hobbies, as well as finding much of the stuff I've watched in the past decade being many times better in quality than anything the HST has coughed up). So saying I've got no idea what I'm talking about when you've got flawed enough logic in your debating is very laughable.

@Dream said:

FACT IS being an element and manipulating 1 are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS, in One piece a logia user is whatever element they represent.

Okay, genius. Let's just say I go along with your logic. Could Aokiji freeze his opponents enough to absolute zero temperature? Can Enel generate more than 200 million volts of lightning (the maximum voltage he's shown to generate in One Piece as ToAru's Mikoto Misaka can generate much higher electric voltages up to 5 billion volts)? Can Kizaru manipulate any form of imaginable light (as in anything on the electromagnetic spectrum)? Can Akainu manipulate the heat of the sun? Elemental manipulators have limits to how they manipulate their elements and what they can do with them, which is what I'm seeing with the Logia users you claim personify the elements.

And since you still insist on saying that a person manipulating lightning or light can move and react at that speed, let us use Naruto as an example of how relying on that logic is flawed since most folks can agree the series is at the bottom of the totem pole for strongest in the HST for many characters. At a point in the series, Sasuke makes use of his Kirin attack on Itachi which is a large lightning attack he generated through the heat of various fire jutsu aimed at the air. The attack comes down much slower than a ground to air lightning bolt would move at and before the emergence of Pein and Naruto's Sage Mode upgrade, the most speed seen with characters in the series up to that point was agreed to be at high-end supersonic. Still willing to bet that any lightning or light attack generated can move at such speeds and that anyone reacting to it has reaction speeds at such extent?

Or even better, how about I use Avatar: The Last Airbender as an example of this flawed logic. Many of the characters in the series are peak humans in their movement and reaction speed, with some of the Firebenders capable of manipulating and generating lightning. Would you consider said peak humans now lightning-timers just because they can react to said lightning attack coming from a Firebender?

and MULTIPLE character statements are far greater in authenticity than whatever bullshit you can come up with to defend yourself.

Here's the problem though: said character statements in many instances can be a big load of hyperbole used only to exaggerate the mentioned feats in question and make them look seem more impressive to the reader/ viewer than they really are. Long-running shounen anime like Bleach and Naruto regularly make use of it. I can name a number of examples where it's a load of crap when a character utters hyperbole:

• Itachi's Amaterasu flames being hot as the sun (shown only to be hotter than regular fire jutsu and burning through the stomach of one of Jiraiya's toad summons).
  • Yamamoto's bankai capable of generating temperatures as hot as 14,000,000 degrees (all life in Soul Society and Earth would be instantly vaporized at such temperatures if this were true).
  • Cell's final ki blast on Gohan being a solar-system buster or random foe being a universe-buster (Before the newest DBZ movie [which I've yet to see], characters at most are only shown busting planets).
  • Gin Ichimaru being Mach 500 in speed (doubtful it's true since the guy's been regularly portrayed as a liar and troublemaker enough throughout Bleach).

Everyone on this site knows how logia powers work, and I could get multiple people to agree with everything I said.

And I could just as easily get multiple people on this site to agree with me that your logic is a load of crap, like CerusSerenade or GIRUGAMESH.

hell you should probably consider reading up on OP Bleach and Naruto in general, since it's obvious you had no idea what you were talking about in this debate.

I've looked into various points of the anime and manga source materials to the mentioned three to keep tabs on what goes on for character feats and abilities, as well as researched through enough online forums and wikis to know what goes on with current events in the source material (as I've got little time to read through hundreds of manga chapters and anime episodes all at once since I juggle real life priorities and my hobbies, as well as finding much of the stuff I've watched in the past decade being many times better in quality than anything the HST has coughed up). So saying I've got no idea what I'm talking about when you've got flawed enough logic in your debating is very laughable.

1. Let me begin by showing you just how much you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Control of the element of ice does not give that person the ability to bring something to absolute zero. Absolute zero is basic terms is specifically bringing an object to a point where no more heat can be extracted from it. Do you get it yet? it goes far beyond control of ice, whether or not you can control ice is moot to this since it takes a power far greater than cryogenic manipulation of even what you call 'personification"(which isn't an accurate word to use and you used the word wrong). This is why iceman can freeze things to absolute zero, his power isn't just over ice, it's over heat in general. i don't know exactly how it works since i don't follow x-men series, but his power is far beyond simple cryogenic(he wouldn't be considered an omega level mutant if it was)

2. What? if the highest Enel has shown he can do is 5 billions volts, why ask if he can generate 200million? Like seriously?

3. Another example of you being completely out of your league mentally, Electromagnetism and light physics are 2 completely different things. If anything Enel would be more likely to be able to control electromagnetism than Kizaru, since electromagnetism is the flow of electrons through objects(IE right up Enels ally). That's Magneto's power, I won't bother explaining it since it's irrelevant.

4. As explained in #1 heat is an independent from the elements it occupies. Those elements just generate it in various ways. Akainu's power is magma, i don't know how you decided that if he personified magma he could control the sun(which in theory shouldv'e sounded dumb when you thought of it)Magma is basically heated earth(at least my understanding of it). Meaning it's relevancy to whether or not he can control the sun(which once again is dumb sounding since the sun is a star not a blob of magma)is small at best.

5. Except everything you listed is irrelevant to what these character are actually able to do and personify. And it's not like they're explained as being elemental God or the originators of these elements(which you seem to think i was implying), they aren't Godly in anyway, they are however living embodiments of different elements. meaning it's completely likely within logical means they do have upper limits. The only one who is arguable to this truth is Kizaru, since light works the same way no matter how it is acted upon.

6. Show me one time where sasuke is shown to embody an element and has multiple on panel feats arguing for him being able to move at speeds realistic to that element and i'll concede. Lightning as an element works in mysterious ways, It's speed is completely dependent on how much voltage is produced. meaning Kirin didn't have very high voltage if it wasn't moving at lightning speeds. it also shows you should do a bit of googling before you try and bring scientific principle into a debate, when you have no idea how simple physics work. I also noticed you twisted my words around from me saying that kizaru and enel are lightning and light embodiment and as such should be able to move at speeds comparable to their respective elements, to you basically saying I said all lightning and light attacks move at lightning and light speed and anyone who dodges them is as fast if not faster. Good job, you're not only radical but a fuckign liar as well.

7. I never once stated that all character statements were not hyperbole, i did however state that they hold quite a bit more authenticity than whatever you make up, especially with feats backing them, which they both fucking have. I'll say it again. Kizaru, has multiple times on panel attacked, moved and fought at light speed. Which is why he has never lost a fight, nobody can keep up with him. Enel has attacked, fought, and moved at lightning speed, the only reason he lost is because no matter how fast he moved or how much voltage he generated, luffy being a rubber man, wouldn't be effected. So he had to resort to physical combat meaning turning his logia Intangibility off so he could fight, which gave luffy the upper hand. Also naruto for years has been generally accepted as being the weakest of the HST with bleach and OP switching places all the time. Not to mention both the gin and Cell statements could be argued as being true as easily as it can as being hyperbole.

8. I don't know about CerusSerenade, but i doubt GIRUGAMESH being a fellow One piece fan would not know how Logia powers work. And he also never agreed with anything you said in that thread, he basically was telling me to stop raging at you because for some reason he thought you "conceded" the debate which it's obvious you never did since you're still replying to me. he basically wanted me to stop beating the dead horse since in his head I had already won. Which is why he told me to ignore you, the only thing he did agree with you on was the Gin thing being possibly hyperbole which i admitted him was completely possible. So no, you could get maybe 1 person to agree and that's doubtful since I doubt CerusSerenade doesn't read One piece or at least know how logia powers work.

9. Really? You've looked into various source materials? because reading this it looks like you made it all up(you'd know how absolute zero works, what the sun is, and how light and electromagnetism are completely different if you did even a brief google search), you then go on to say you read wiki's(which are known for being edited by radical fanboys/girls)for knowledge on this since you refuse to read the mangas. LOL. How can you ever take yourself seriously? That's like me saying "I don't wanna watch this movie, so i'll read this article on this site that's know for giving troll reviews and take it seriously" Just LOL. Flawed logic, is basically illogical in nature, in fact the entire concept of flawed logic is illogical since it isn't logical if it is flawed. Everything I stated is completely reasonable and has been proven already, It's basically fact that you won't accept. Everything you however said was either irrelevant or blatantly stupid, it's laughable how much you don't know yet think you do know. I mean, you didn't even bother to google half the shit you said for confirmation. I mean seriously, you think since kizaru is the embodiment of light he can control electromagnetism? Do you even know what electromagnetism is? You think the sun is a ball of magma? I can understand the absolute zero statement and see how you came to the conclusion that Ice = absolute zero, you were just misinformed. But everything else you said was just dumb.

Next time you reply actually do some research, it's getting kinda annoying having to smack myself in the head outta sheer displeasure at how dumb you sound.

Post by Ikki_Minami_ (1,074 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This is fucking funny :D

@Ikki_Minami_ said:

This is fucking funny :D

Indeed.

Let me begin by showing you just how much you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Actually I do, and both of us seem to be misunderstanding things since I thought you must have been some kind of wanker. Still think your logic is flawed in areas, but I see you know more than anyone who would wank to a series. Time to play defense:

Absolute zero is basic terms is specifically bringing an object to a point where no more heat can be extracted from it. Do you get it yet?

Absolute zero is still technically considered a form of temperature as it is considered the coldest that can possibly occur where any type of molecular motion is completely halted.

'personification"(which isn't an accurate word to use and you used the word wrong)

Check a thesaurus or dictionary. Personification and representation have the same meaning.

What? if the highest Enel has shown he can do is 5 billions volts, why ask if he can generate 200million? Like seriously?

Because 200 million volts was the highest showing of electrical output he generated while battling Luffy and the Straw Hats.

Electromagnetism and light physics are 2 completely different things.

Not quite. Visible and ultraviolet light are part of the electromagnetic spectrum (types of energy traveling in waves through space), with the former seeming to be what Kizaru is manipulating in One Piece.

i don't know how you decided that if he personified magma he could control the sun

This one, I would concede to having fucked up in my thinking of considering the differences between a star and planet.

I'll say it again. Kizaru, has multiple times on panel attacked, moved and fought at light speed.

And I still disagree with the highlighted points, as well as Enel being lightning speed, with the biggest issues having to do with reaction speed (as both can't instantly react to threats at said speeds as they still have to plan how to attack and have physical limitations) and the ridiculous leap in stats to credibly think that such speeds make other One Piece characters massively hypersonic now, especially as the CP9 (later foes after Enel) were never depicted to be at such speeds.

no matter how fast he moved or how much voltage [Enel] generated, luffy being a rubber man, wouldn't be effected

Actual lightning can still generate enough heat where it could cause rubber to melt. The shocking wouldn't effect Luffy considering rubber is an insulator to electricity, but enough heat generated from a bolt of lightning would make things messy for the Straw Hat Pirate's flesh.

8. I don't know about CerusSerenade, but i doubt GIRUGAMESH being a fellow One piece fan would not know how Logia powers work. And he also never agreed with anything you said in that thread, he basically was telling me to stop raging at you because for some reason he thought you "conceded" the debate which it's obvious you never did since you're still replying to me. he basically wanted me to stop beating the dead horse since in his head I had already won. Which is why he told me to ignore you, the only thing he did agree with you on was the Gin thing being possibly hyperbole which i admitted him was completely possible. So no, you could get maybe 1 person to agree and that's doubtful since I doubt CerusSerenade doesn't read One piece or at least know how logia powers work.

You mean this:

Have to say, there is a case for Kizaru as far as lightspeed is concerned. Lightspeed reactions? Of course not, he'd be the strongest character in OP if that was the case. But lightspeed travel is something believable for him, given that he does travel as light.

He said traveling at light speed was in the realm of possibility (the only area I agree with), but not necessarily for combat movement/ reaction speed as light travels in a straight line and Kizaru still needs to think out how to attack and react in his light form, as well as find anything to reflect off of to transport around the battle area if needed and not do something stupid like travel to another part of the world by mistake.

because reading this it looks like you made it all up(you'd know how absolute zero works, what the sun is, and how light and electromagnetism are completely different if you did even a brief google search)

I did Google search much of my stuff , fool. -_-*

you then go on to say you read wiki's(which are known for being edited by radical fanboys/girls)for knowledge on this since you refuse to read the mangas

This can happen, but most instances I've come across wikis feature information that is credible from my perspective and consistent from what I've come across on other sites. You still have many folks that frolic to Wikipedia for information since it houses information on various topics.

@CerusSerenade said:

@eddz99: Then the argument also stands for Arceus as well.

Nope, Arceus has no reason to let himself be killed by his own meteor.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel