facepalm awards!!! :)

Topic started by FLCL1 on Aug. 23, 2009. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Pretty funny and saying Super Saiyan God Goku would win without any feats yet is idiotic.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,899 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Comicvine has gone to hell lately. Too many people are overhyping "Bills" and this new SSJ form and its all featless. You don't really realize DBZ is overhyped until the comic folks wank them worse than anime folks.
Post by CerusSerenade (2,573 posts) See mini bio Level 10

What is this Super Saiyan God garbage? I feel very concerned...

Post by ROBOT6661 (358 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@CerusSerenade: it's the new power-up goku is gonna recieve in the new movie to defeat the new villain Bills who is suppose to be really powerfull

Post by Dream (7,472 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Explains why I've seen pictures online lately of Goku appearing to be fighting what looks like a freakish Egyptian bat.

I suppose the only high point of this upcoming movie will be the new SSJ form that the promotional material is hyping up. I find it amusing that the folks on Comic Vine are actually dumb enough to be suckered into this.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

How is it even debatable when it comes to strength when you compare Superman and Goku? I thought it's been long established that Superman is physically stronger no question

Online Now

@MarioRedfield: Ask that to anyone who obsesses over DBZ.

I am also hearing rumors that the Super Saiyan God form may be temporary. Just something used to defeat Bills and never seen again. We will see though.
Online Now

@Sonata said:

I am also hearing rumors that the Super Saiyan God form may be temporary. Just something used to defeat Bills and never seen again.

Wouldn't surprise me considering how DBZ movies asspull things on many occasions like "power of friendship" combo attacks or the Dragon Fist from the Hildegarn movie (the latter happening despite Mystic Gohan being stronger than SSJ3 Goku and getting creamed by Hildegarn).

@Dream said:

@Sonata said:

I am also hearing rumors that the Super Saiyan God form may be temporary. Just something used to defeat Bills and never seen again.

Wouldn't surprise me considering how DBZ movies asspull things on many occasions like "power of friendship" combo attacks or the Dragon Fist from the Hildegarn movie (the latter happening despite Mystic Gohan being stronger than SSJ3 Goku and getting creamed by Hildegarn).

I agree all that stuff was garbage. After the first Cooler movie it seems the writers didn't really care plot wise.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Dream: @Sonata: the original author is behind the new movie so it could be good

Post by taichokage (12,989 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Broly movie and Janemba movie were decent. Hirudegarn plot was PIS though. With the Dragonfist and all.
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: I liked Janemba movie is the one that made me laugh the hardest with all the weird shit, as DB answer to Hitler and Frieza being one punched by Gohan or Vegeta and Goku interactions efore the fusion. I liked Pikkon insulting the cristals, in latin-american dub is freaking hilarious

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,033 posts) See mini bio Level 16

It didn't even come out yet, and the movie has already spawned threads on CV that will most likely go nowhere, like they always do. This... is gonna be awesome... *sigh*

Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

an argument stating that saber can tank planet burst:

It reflected a planetbuster and heals the user immensely

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,344 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Yu Yu Hakusho characters being planet busters.

Enough said. Thou shall not be named.

Post by Kurohige (3,702 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Whats_out_the_bag: I assume you mean me or Supernova7005 since we are the only ones who brought it up here, I can't speak for his arguments (Which were pretty bad in the Aizen vs Yusuke thread) but as for me I was only saying it is not far fetched and that using all their power after Chapter black yeah Yusuke at least should be able to at the very least, end all life on earth fairly easily. Although I don't think him being able to destroy earth by pulling all his spirit and demon energy in into an attack is out of his grasp. That's all.
Post by Kurohige (3,702 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@othus12: I think you misunderstand what I wrote, I acknowledged that what I said was out of context, however as you can see in the thread I did give feats and examples as to why i think that and nobdy really gave me a counter argument. Yes I know the difference between a life wiper and a planet buster, this is the same sort of discussion that was had when Yamamoto revealed his bankai ability, people thought he was a planet buster when he was only a life-wiper. Also I get your example however a few nukes wont blow up the planet but it depends on what kind of bomb you have and how many you have since a mere 16,000 Tzar Bombas would toast the planet, or if we mean nukes then maybe 48,000 Ivy bombs, the problem is humans don't have the capability of carrying out a taks such as blowing up the planet as we don't have the means to deliver and drop that many bombs, we have been testing nukes since the 1940's. So realisticly it is not possible, but assuming you had the ability to create as many nukes as you wanted and remained unharmed then yes you could..  

Anyway, in short; I did say Yusuke was a planet buster at the most, but I had feats and scans to support my theories, I believe at one point I even conceaded as my argument was not so much Yusuke being a planet buster but Yusuke being able to hurt/overpower Saiyan saga Goku with no Kaiohken.
Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kurohige: well you know that sometimes going against the current here on the vice is a little hard i have realized that most people tend to have some iron rules even if you manage to prove them wrong one of them is that yusuke cant battle with goku, another one would be that fairy tail characters are weak or that claymore verse>>>HST and there are many many others with which i disagree but the point here is that i feel you man.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,344 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well I don't want to debate on this thread,and FYI Yusake isn't the strongest in the series so him being capable of nearly planet busting would mean there are others who could do the same. The Chapter black arc was cool but it's still being over hyped to the point if someone taking out a hill that is being looked at as a mountain which then gets power scaled into S ranked Island buster which gets hyped into Country busting. Oh look now we have fucking Planet busting. Great Battle forums of the Net lets go and add more BS to the forums.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel