Eva Pilot recruitment drive

Topic started by cfatalis on May 10, 2010. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
NERV decided that the current eva pilots sucks, so they are changing them
write three characters who are able to be better replacement to them, their synchro ratio is decided on how close they are to the original (rei, asuka, shinji)
they will be fighting the angel-ized version of their own universe enemy

characters cannot use their power while inside their eva
Post by Dream (7,222 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Eva-00: Yuki Nagato (Same personality as Rei along with the lack of comprehension on behaving like a 'normal' girl and her not-so-human origins.)
Eva-01: Simon (Teen) (While nowhere as over-the-top with his sense of inferiority as Shinji, it's still there and he needs other people to motivate him. When he is confident, watch out.)
Eva-02: Rin Tohsaka (Can be just as feisty and as much of a tsundere as Asuka.)
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Eva-00: Senjougahara Hitagi(Pre-crab arc) - She has no emotions and appears to be a natural in anything. She probably could pilot a MS after reading the manual. And her cruelty...seriously, I see no need in neither Asuka or Shinji anymore.^-^
@willyvereb said:
" Eva-00: Senjougahara Hitagi(Pre-crab arc) - She has no emotions and appears to be a natural in anything. She probably could pilot a MS after reading the manual. And her cruelty...seriously, I see no need in neither Asuka or Shinji anymore.^-^ "
although i feel hitagi is better on Eva-02

(hint: look at her weapon of choice, and eva-02 prog knife)
@cfatalis:  Her personality's nowhere like Asuka or Rei though. She is shown to be sociable and willing to inflict harm if provoked (unlike Rei) and is nowhere as feisty and as much of a spitfire as Asuka.
@Dream: true....... that means she would have lower synch rate, if going by my rule
@Dream: True, but she has a similar dilemma as Rei. That's why she can syncronise with Eva Unit-00 well. 

Other suggestions:
Eva-01: Saji Crossroad(Gundam 00) - Whether it could be a better choice or not is an entirely different case. Although I bet the tech staff needs less work with him around.:p
@willyvereb:  eva raiser?
@cfatalis:  Yeah. And we thought God Eva-01 with S2 Drvie was OP.:p
Imagine Eva with angel-halo open mouth with turquoise magic particles flying in the sky...no teleporting!:p
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,726 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@cfatalis: let heero yuy pilot eva-01, not only that if he were in eva he'd sneak in to seele and assassinate all the old men there lol  

01-Heero Yuy 
02-Kallen Koski 
00-No one but Rei
@hitsusatsu11: congratulations you have failed the assignment

0% synchro rating achieved for unit -01
@cfatalis: meh, who needs a synch ratio when seele are dead, lol 
joking man, lol
@hitsusatsu11: riiight, seele dead, angels still alive
@cfatalis: ok, but really no one but shinji can synch with 01 no matter how close they are to shinji. 

But for this, perhaps sasuke uchiha as shinji? 

Kallen or haruhi or even young bulma as asuka 

Yuki Nagato as Rei only because she is an exact clone. 
@hitsusatsu11: that is why the rule is modded, anyone can ride the eva, how much they can go in synch with is depending how close they are to shinji
@cfatalis:  What about my choices?
@Dream: you know what? except for some difference it is almost the same as my personal choice

Simon,-Eva-01 
Yuki Nagato/CC Eva-00
Kallen Eva-02

chosen based on combat aptitude, style, and personaility likeness
@cfatalis:  so what do you think about sasuke as shinji? 
Also i guess we could put in some certain characters from Gunbuster 
@hitsusatsu11: good freudian excuse , but it seems that sasuke had more problem than shinji, Sasuke before killing itachi may work though
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
You pilot an Eva just by thinking of the actions that you want it to do, right?  A person with more physical training and combat training would be a better pilot by default imo.  They'd do things and approach situations in a way that the normal kids probably wouldn't even think to do.

@hitsusatsu11: If Sasuke's mother was absorbed by the unit first, I think he'd be way better than any of the standard Eva pilots.  Even without that he'd be better as a pure pilot 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel