Erza Scarlet vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Topic started by DarkScarecrow on Nov. 23, 2013. Last post by 321zigzag1 9 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by DarkScarecrow (88 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Current Erza vs Espada  Arc Byakuya. 

The fight takes place at Marineford. No prep. Morals are On. Standard winning rules. Both have their weapons. 

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Current Erza should take it. Tho not easy since Bankai...

Post by taichokage (13,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I think Byakuya is a bit too fast. Not to mention his Kidou prowess. Admittedly though Erza's armor provides greater defense and good versatility.
Post by 321zigzag1 (644 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@taichokage said:

I think Byakuya is a bit too fast. Not to mention his Kidou prowess. Admittedly though Erza's armor provides greater defense and good versatility.

Unfortunately, she can only use it one at a time and it doesn't cover all her body. Her offense is rather linear too straightforward.

@DBZ_universe

said:

Current Erza should take it. Tho not easy since Bankai...

Armor doesn't protect her entire body. Byakuya's bankai petals can easily go into between.

@321zigzag1: what about her hax armor?

@DBZ_universe said:

We know it bends the laws of magic but that's it. How would that apply then to his Bankai or his kidou? I suppose may make more sense since they are spells.

What other armors does Erza have that can affect Byakuya's bankai?

That's the problem with Erza. Her offense is usually the same close combat minus like the Heaven's wheel and she can only use her armor one at a time and doesn't cover all her body which limits her versatility. Her selling point is that she has great durability and resistance to pain but Byakuya focuses on piercing and cutting which is usually more lethal than blunt damage.

@321zigzag1: Great point there. What if Erza uses her Seductive armor?

@DBZ_universe said:

@321zigzag1: Great point there. What if Erza uses her Seductive armor?

The problem for Nakagami armor is that its sort of broad. Does that mean petals just become cancelled and don't work on it?

Kidou I could understand since they are spells.

YEt Minerva spoke of a counter to that armor but she never got to show it.

Seductive Armor? Well considering his mindset and morals I don't know whether he will fall for it or he would be infuriated by the prospect of being lustful towards another woman. Not to mention Erza never used it against Azuma.

@321zigzag1: I think she did planned on using it tho lol.

If Erza manages to get to Byakuya's safe zone he is screwed.

Post by taichokage (13,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Byakuya has done well against emotional and mental manipulation. Zommari's was through direct sight so it was blockable. But Äs Nodt injected him with more that normal amounts of his fear and Byakuya was able to hold his senses despite the fact that it caused lesser men to go insane. I don't know if such an armor would work on Byakuya.
Post by nishi99 (1,704 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't think even Byakuya could take her Seductive Armor.

@taichokage said:

Byakuya has done well against emotional and mental manipulation. Zommari's was through direct sight so it was blockable. But Äs Nodt injected him with more that normal amounts of his fear and Byakuya was able to hold his senses despite the fact that it caused lesser men to go insane. I don't know if such an armor would work on Byakuya.

Good point, I say then Byakuya will then be even more infuriated at Erza's ploy or be disgusted by her considering his background.

@DBZ_universe

said:

@321zigzag1: I think she did planned on using it tho lol.

If Erza manages to get to Byakuya's safe zone he is screwed.

85 cm which is over 33 inches which is about 2.788 feet.

Yes but she lacks a specialized speed technique like shunshin, soru, or shunpo or etc. Erza's speed isn't so that Byakuya won't keep up. I dare say he is quite faster than her though.

He has let blades enter his area though.

Post by luthluth (1,282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I say Byakuya takes this mainly because of speed and kido.

@321zigzag1: I actually agree that Byakuya is faster....but we will also see more of Erza to

Post by takashichea (12,295 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

That's the problem with Erza. Her offense is usually the same close combat minus like the Heaven's wheel and she can only use her armor one at a time and doesn't cover all her body which limits her versatility. Her selling point is that she has great durability and resistance to pain but Byakuya focuses on piercing and cutting which is usually more lethal than blunt damage.

Not participating in the battle thread. There was a time that Erza could swap and mix her armors and swords. I can't remember, but I think it was in Minerva's fight. I could be wrong.

@takashichea said:

Not participating in the battle thread. There was a time that Erza could swap and mix her armors and swords. I can't remember, but I think it was in Minerva's fight. I could be wrong.

I only recall her switching armors one at a time.

In that one she was in her offensive one then she switched to her infamous Nakagami armor which then she won.

Post by GeneralVan (1,769 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@nishi99 said:

I don't think even Byakuya could take her Seductive Armor.

Byakuya survived Yoruichi's boobs. Seductive Armor won't do jack.

Online Now

@321zigzag1:

I was checking my wiki pages for Fairy Tail in this community and couldn't find it. Yeah, I was wrong or if it did happened, it could have been in one of those filler episodes. I remember writing a long attack table for Erza because she mixes her swords and armors. I call myself a wiki editor, but I can't remember specific details. Stress is killing my brain cells.

@takashichea said:

It was against Erza Knightwalker.

Online Now

@DBZ_universe:

She didn't swap swords in that fight. I just checked my episode summary.

To get this back on topic, it seems Byakuya has the upper hand on Erza until someone brings new evidence. I can't seem to think anything that will tip in Erza's favor. Her Benizakura is strong, but she isn't fast enough to match Byakuya's Flash Step.

Edit:

DBZ is dragging me into the battle threads. I need to escape.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel