Energy classification

Topic started by lafeier on Jan. 17, 2011. Last post by spiffyg 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by lafeier (124 posts) See mini bio Level 13
 I think wee should divide the types of energy to not occur anymore these things of  for exemple "Ki dont exist in Shaman King universe so it dont work" or "Hao can only be
defeated be Furyoko"

For me wee should classify the energys like that

Inner energy - Energy that comes from the body ( Ki [DBZ] / Chakra [Naruto] )
Spiritual energy - Energy that comes from the soul ( Soul Waves [Soul Eater] / Furyoko [Shaman King] ) 
External energy - Energy that comes from outside the body ( Alchemy [FMA] )

So what do you think? If you agree with me let's start the classification
Post by SSJjanemba (2,311 posts) See mini bio Level 11
cool
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Inner energy and spiritual energy somewhat over lap
@hitsusatsu11: Sorry but what is "over lap"?
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@lafeier: Well ki and chakra are both spiritual and inner, in nature. 
@hitsusatsu11:  Yes it's true. But wee could put these in the two class or creaty a new one that combine inner and spiritual. What do you think?
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I think Ki/magic does overlap as well, regardless of source. Unless both exist in a vere and explicitly stated to be very different.
Take Negima for example:
Ki = power originating from the body.
magic =power constantly gathered from the surroundings.
Yet the two show many similarities. Hell, I'm not even sure if Rakan uses Ki or magic to power his attacks. At least Negi is a mage but well... he does have a considerable Ki control too.
I think unless it's very special to the power, all spiritual/supernatural energies should be tagged under the same title.
Reiatsu/Chakra/Ki/Youki/mana etc...they're roughly the same but with different names. They do have a few differences but let's say they are branches from the same old tree.
@willyvereb: I have to agree with you.

To me it does, i just want to stop this thing of  "char X cant attack char Y becouse he dont have Z"
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@lafeier: We rarely if ever use that argument.
Only newbies and desperate fanboys resort to that tool.
To note I always equalize such energies in the OP to prevent the redundant arguments about it.
Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@lafeier said:
"  I think wee should divide the types of energy to not occur anymore these things of  for exemple "Ki dont exist in Shaman King universe so it dont work" or "Hao can only be defeated be Furyoko"   

For me wee should classify the energys like that  

Inner energy - Energy that comes from the body ( Ki [DBZ] / Chakra [Naruto] ) 
Spiritual energy - Energy that comes from the soul ( Soul Waves [Soul Eater] / Furyoko [Shaman King] )  
External energy - Energy that comes from outside the body ( Alchemy [FMA] )   So what do you think? If you agree with me let's start the classification "
Take away Spiritual Energy and it makes more sense to me. 
Just leave it as Internal Energy & External Energy.

Inner energy = Spiritual energy
If the energy is coming from inside you it is Spiritual Energy in 99% of Manga & Anime.
Post by spiffyg (125 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i think it's probably better just to equalize their energies, because otherwise your trying to classify classifications.  Your making it harder on yourself to classify things such as ki vs spirit pressure, and which ones better more powerful, and if it's an internal or external energy.  The energy is already classified in that anime why try adding a new internal and external energy classification to it.  Especially since you know people will argue with you all day  about why something should be internal and not external as to why their character lost.  I would just leave it as is.  
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel