Elric Brothers vs Naruto

Topic started by shonen on June 21, 2009. Last post by Sinister_Noob 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Elric Brothers with the Philosopher stone











vs

Naruto at start of shippuden (Gaara retrieval arc)










Location

Desert location outside the sand village


Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Naruto easily.
Post by Dream (7,653 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
If we're talking Naruto at the start of Shippuden, then he would easily win. Naruto in Kyubi forms would be overkill, especially if he went Four-Tails.
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
A 12 year old naruto could kill him.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
If those Elrics can summon the Gate then even Kyuubi can't save Naruto...

and can gimme a brief explanation about chakra? (is it lifeforce?)


Post by Dream (7,653 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
@Nerx:  As explained in the Naruto Wiki...

"Essential to even the most basic jutsu, chakra is a mixture of the energy present in every cell of the body and the spiritual energy gained from exercise and experience. Once mixed, it can be channeled through the chakra circulatory system, which is to chakra as the regular circulatory system is to blood, to any of the 361 chakra points (called tenketsu) in the body. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, the chakra can then be manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water."

And considering ninjas in the Naruto world can move faster than the eye can see, Naruto could mess up Ed and Al quicker than any chance that the brothers could have to open up the Gate.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Dream said:
" @Nerx:  As explained in the Naruto Wiki...

"Essential to even the most basic jutsu, chakra is a mixture of the energy present in every cell of the body and the spiritual energy gained from exercise and experience. Once mixed, it can be channeled through the chakra circulatory system, which is to chakra as the regular circulatory system is to blood, to any of the 361 chakra points (called tenketsu) in the body. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, the chakra can then be manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water."And considering ninjas in the Naruto world can move faster than the eye can see, Naruto could mess up Ed and Al quicker than any chance that the brothers could have to open up the Gate. "
Definitely true man, however once the gates are open... it is an inevitable end for Naruto Truth be told

I used to thought that Chakra is life force or soul energy , because is that is the case then Naruto could be doomed

I really want to debate with someone at how an alchemist would decimate the entire Soul Society (sometimes)
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Please explain just HOW is the world an Alchemist is able to destroy soul society? Alchemy is compramised of real based science, breaking down by molucule and rebuilding it to look like something else, given the equivalent value.

Exactly how is the world is an Alchemist be able to transmute spiritons? spiritual energy? it's clearly shows you have no idea what an alchemy can do.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I've never found naruto to be fast he usually just spam clones on people and sneaks up from behind to win his fight 80 % of the times the other 20% his opponents can beat down all the clones because Naruto has no real martial arts training and he realize on nine tails to pull out a win.

Al and Edward on the other hand can fight. Now compare naruto fighting style to Al and Ed  ?
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@shonen said:
" I've never found naruto to be fast he usually just spam clones on people and sneaks up from behind to win his fight 80 % of the times the other 20% his opponents can beat down all the clones because Naruto has no real martial arts training and he realize on nine tails to pull out a win.Al and Edward on the other hand can fight. Now compare naruto fighting style to Al and Ed  ? "
He went toe to toe again Neji, a taijutsu specialist. And clones is his specialty. Of course he'd use that technique thanks to his large chakra reserves, who wouldn't?

But current naruto who uses the clones this time is with amazing tactical skills. 
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@shonen said:
" I've never found naruto to be fast he usually just spam clones on people and sneaks up from behind to win his fight 80 % of the times the other 20% his opponents can beat down all the clones because Naruto has no real martial arts training and he realize on nine tails to pull out a win.Al and Edward on the other hand can fight. Now compare naruto fighting style to Al and Ed  ? "
He went toe to toe again Neji, a taijutsu specialist. And clones is his specialty. Of course he'd use that technique thanks to his large chakra reserves, who wouldn't?

But current naruto who uses the clones this time is with amazing tactical skills. 
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@vertigo: Okay tell me first about what fuels alchemy , and i am comparing anime here in particular. Don't make me go anal XP

look at fullmetal alchemist the Anime on the final episode. What is the soul society made of?

take your Bleach cap off just for two seconds 
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Anime is NOT canon. In anime, alchemy is fueled by souls of the other world, but in manga, no such thing like that exists. It is NOT canon. And the only way souls are used as fuels is when alchemists decides to make the stone, which by stealing the souls via alchemy circle in a large scale area. And only stone works by empowered by captured souls.


Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Im a huge Naruto fan

But im gonna go with the Elric brothers on this one.
Post by Dream (7,653 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
After skimming through the final episodes of my FMA DVD set, I have to scream foul on the brothers using the Gate. Even with the Philosopher's Stone fused with his armor, Al was never seen freely opening up the Gate of Alchemy. The only ways to open up the Gate seen in the series were through attempting human transmutation, activating the proper transmutation circle using an infant, or sacrificing all or parts of a human or Homunculus. Dante had to bait Van Hohenheim into a transmutation circle before she could send her former lover through the Gate. Ed used his entire body as a sacrifice on said same circle to reunite the mind, body, and soul of Al by sending himself through the Gate to our world. Van Hohenheim, Envy, Gluttony, and Wrath were used as sacrifices on transmutation circles to summon the Gates between our world and Amestris.

So from seeing this, I can't be convinced of Ed and Al winning against Naruto in this battle.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@vertigo: Does it say which version we are using? no...
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
That's weak.

When people use anime characters, it's always manga based unless stated otherwise. Ya know...since it's canon...


Post by Dream (7,653 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
@vertigo: Nerx is right. Unless the user who made this thread specifically stated that the anime or manga versions of characters are used, then we are free to assume that both the anime and manga versions of characters are being considered for this battle.

But regardless of anime or manga, Ed and Al still can't hold a flame to Naruto.
Post by vertigo (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Dream said:
" @vertigo: Nerx is right. Unless the user who made this thread specifically stated that the anime or manga versions of characters are used, then we are free to assume that both the anime and manga versions of characters are being considered for this battle. But regardless of anime or manga, Ed and Al still can't hold a flame to Naruto. "
Not possible. Manga is canon and if we have to involve anime as well, it would only give us false info since anime is not canon and thus, is not true. If we involve both, it would be like saying the Flame metal alchemist imploding a man's head from the inside out while he has never shown that kind of ability in Anime.

And like i said, anime is NOT canon.



Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@vertigo: What if it was an original anime and not based off of a manga?

But back on topic, I would say Elric brothers, they may not have the massive (kyuubi) power Naruto does, but they do have a high survivability, As well as their ability to hide themselves with walls, no real chakra/low chakra to speak of so they can't be sensed easily, After 3 tails, Naruto's taield forms begin to damage himself, if they kept it up long enough, there is a decent chance they could outlast Naruto until his power wears down, considering a lot of chakara abilties seem to produce some form of element, I assume the chakra then manifests itself in a physical form, if so then it can be considered on a base level, to be matter, such as if fire, water, or stone is created, and can thus be blocked via transmutation. I'd say it would be an equal battle, but the Elric brothers look like they have a slight advantage.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel