Dr. Doom in Berserk-Verse

Topic started by Voltron64 on Nov. 16, 2010. Last post by Kinasin 4 years ago.
Post by Voltron64 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@hitsusatsu11: More like he would team up with Guts, he'd honestly respect the man in my opinion.

Also, I'd imagine that the Massacre of the Band of the Hawk during the Eclipse would likely backfire if Doom was there.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Voltron64: I more or less just said it because Gutsu is so bad ass. 
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos: "Tank" imply's he withstood it, he lost that "beam battle" and was going to die if not for the device.  "
I'm not talking about when he fought the beyonder I'm talking about when he was following behind Galactus who the Beyonder KOed. 

@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos:  

And anyway all their clash really did was almost snuff out a sun. "
Hows that comment at all affect what I'm saying his shields tanked?
@Hellos: Oh, I know what your referring to now. Beyonder used a inferentially small percent of his power, and did not intend to kill him, and Doom still nearly died that time. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos: Oh, I know what your referring to now. Beyonder used a inferentially small percent of his power, and did not intend to kill him, and Doom still nearly died that time.  "

But he still tanked it. A small percent of an omnipotent God's attack is still retardly good feat.
@Hellos: No no no. See, the omnipotent did not want to kill him. Its like you saying Job tanking the woes set upon him is a good (physical) durability feat. The fact that an omnipotent left you alive means he attacked with just the right amount of power to purposely leave you barely alive, whether your Doom or an ant. 

For example if it takes "X" to kill you, and an omnipotent purposefully attacks with "x-1"  such that  "-1" is the difference between you living and dieing, it doesn't really speak to your durability, and "x" must be found by other unrelated means.  

And anyways, using solely Secret Wars 1 material you couldn't prove Beyonder is omni anything. Since that is not wholly apparent until Secret Wars 2. 

You don't seem to get it. 

BEYONDER ATTACKS GALACTUS. 
DOOM GETS CAUGHT IN ATTACK. 
DOOM SHIELDS TANK ATTACK WHILE GALACTUS IS KOED. 
DOOM DOESN'T DIE.  

Tanking an attack, even if not the full force that Galactus tanked for him, is a good feat for those shields. Just like tanking Thanos with the IG blasting him over and over.
@Hellos said:
" You don't seem to get it.  
Beyonder fires a beam which he knows will leave doom and g man alive, because of his omnipotence. Therefore its not a testimony to their durability, beyonder used just the right amount of force. 
If he really didn't know doom was there then he isn't omni anything, and thus you cannot even prove how powerful beyonder was, short of making a star almost explode in a beam battle. 
(Which is still better than the Berserkverse.) 
Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The IG bit with Doom, Thanos wasn't using the full force of the IG at the time. Thanos wasn't using his omnipotence as he shut it off. He was only using a limited portion of the Power Gem, and that alone was more than enough coupled with his own power to rape everyone there. Thanos was just screwing around and putting on a show for Death.

As for the cross-universe thing, don't get too hopeful. If Doom only has his armor, then he's got a problem. Tech doesn't exist in Berserk, so it's all he's ever gonna have. A lot of Dooms schemes require utilizing or jacking some other entity or source for power. None exist here. No Cosmic Cubes or the like. And the Godhand are incorporeal entities that control everything. Together they're effectively omnipotent. 

Another thing is magic. What sorcery Doom knows from Marvel may not function the same, if at all, in Berserk-verse as they follow a different view and craft of magic, including different beings entirely to call upon. It's like when Doc Strange put Surfer and Thanos into a dimension where their cosmic powers didn't function; Doom is in a world where his spells and magic may not function due to the entities/forces he's used to drawing from not existing. If he could team up with Gutt's group he could regain some of that power by having Schierke teach him how magic works in Berserk, or if Doom decided to go with the Kushan Emperor, he could learn the Eastern magics from Daiba.
Post by FoolyCooly (676 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" Guts chops his head off  "
i hope you arent serious?
Post by FuhrerRoyMustang (69 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Doom can beat Guts with ease, but there's no way he's beating the whole verse
Post by willyvereb (5,943 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@ReiKai: Just to note: Thanos was never ever omnipotent. Even with the HotU. There can be only one omnipotent in each verse. In Berserk the only possible omnipotent is the Idea of Evil. But that entity has no real feats. The God Hand members are just nerfed Abstracts by marvel-verse standards.

Also we are talking about the person who's the equivalent of Reed Richards in intelligence. The later can create a cosmic cube if given time and resources. Dr. Doom also has nice feats of surviving mental attacks which is the most preferred method of the God Hand. I think the Berserk-verse is just better off if Doom can travel back to his own verse.:p
Oh, and I wouldn't advise to bring up cross-universal theories like whether magic works or not. That way we can argue that whether the rules of physics are the same or that maybe Doom hops in space stark-naked  since no location was specified. They are equally mundane.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

with the beyonder's powers , i don't know why he can't handle this situation
Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
It's not a cross-over theory, especially given such instances have actually occurred within Marvel itself. Especially not a theory when you're effectively removing Doom from his natural element and sticking him in a completely different universe altogether with an entirely different set of rules and abstract beings.

As for Thanos, he was God with the IG. Eternity is the manifestation of the Universe and Thanos bumped him off effortlessly with the IG. The HotU made Thanos the Avatar of TOAA, effectively making him Omnipotent next to TOAA himself. Not even LT could do jack about it. You should really know your hierarchy's better and the power differences. When Thanos had the IG the only one with the actual power to best him was LT or TOAA.
Post by willyvereb (5,943 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@ReiKai: You have some problems gasping what omnipotent means. There can be precisely ONE omnipotent in a franchise, no more. And there's no way to prove omnipotence...only to disporve.
Yes, HotU made Thanos nigh-omnipotent and he even had dreams about defeating TOAA . But he found out the hard way that the TOAA is just playing with him.
Also with your defense of Thanos you actually make Dr. Doom's durability feat look even better.:)
Well, you are right about Marvel having verses where certain abilities don't work or work in a different way.
Still, with that reasoning we can put Ichigo to the Narutoverse and say "lol-Reiatsu doesn't work in the Narutoverse so even Lee can casually kick Ichigo's ass."
See? That's not the original intention of the thread. Dr. Doom has all his feats except which explicitly requires to abuse the rules of his own verse.
Post by Kinasin (259 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Doom goes back home before he get's killed.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel