Dot-Hack vs. Digimon

Topic started by ReiKai on Oct. 21, 2009. Last post by ReiKai 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,518 posts) See mini bio Level 10
It's 'The World' vs the Digital world (totally different huh?). Say, the Dot-Hack series against each of the Digimon series respectively. Which side gets the majority of wins and for what reason?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Digimon, larger number, and some of them is capable of dooming the cyber world, within one attack
Sign, Roots, Liminality, Legend of the Twilight, 4x (Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine) G.U., and there's an MMO in asia plus I hear they're working on another series. At least with dot-hack it's one long continuous series. Only one Digimon series has like 3 series and the rest don't connect or fit in anywhere as stand-alones. Besides having more series doesn't help. 1st version of 'The World' had like 20million players. Revision 2 (aka 'The World' R2) has 12 million. 

And I know some of the digimon you refer to, one being Apocalymon, who was actually quite fail. He couldn't stop the Digidestined even when reducing them to binary code. Dot-Hack has Data Drain, which allots for the complete manipulation of data. Meaning they could steal, absorb, strip, delete or rearrange data. Only a handful of figures have this ability. And aside from that there is Aura (Goddess), Morganna (deity), Cubia (Anti-Existence) and the Eight Phases (deities).
@ReiKai said:
" Sign, Roots, Liminality, Legend of the Twilight, 4x (Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine) G.U., and there's an MMO in asia plus I hear they're working on another series. At least with dot-hack it's one long continuous series. Only one Digimon series has like 3 series and the rest don't connect or fit in anywhere as stand-alones. Besides having more series doesn't help. 1st version of 'The World' had like 20million players. Revision 2 (aka 'The World' R2) has 12 million.    And I know some of the digimon you refer to, one being Apocalymon, who was actually quite fail. He couldn't stop the Digidestined even when reducing them to binary code. Dot-Hack has Data Drain, which allots for the complete manipulation of data. Meaning they could steal, absorb, strip, delete or rearrange data. Only a handful of figures have this ability. And aside from that there is Aura (Goddess), Morganna (deity), Cubia (Anti-Existence) and the Eight Phases (deities). "
wait so basically we got about 20 player who can fight, 8 things that all of them is within a player by now fighting against the whole slew of digimon gods?

does both haseo and kite treated like they are in the world?, anomalies that is
Kite has Aura's Bracelet and Haseo has the full force of the Eight Phases. Then there's the Azure Knights; Azure Flame Kite, Azure Flame Orca, and Azure Flame Balmung, who're all NPC's created by Aura as system-debuggers and who, even if destroyed, will simply reform and return. Also, Azure Flame Kite also possesses the Bracelet which grants him Data Drain. Plus AIDA is also there and Tri-Edge Ovan with the 8th Phase, Corbenik the Rebirth which is a universe-wide effect. Digimon gods from what I've seen in the show are not all that strong. In fact they're little better than Mega level Digimon and only a short range of Digimon in any of the verses can actually absorb data. 

Tamers series can do it but only to absorb data from defeated or much weaker digimon to strengthen themselves. Data Drain is on a whole other scale. And really all AIDA, Epitaph Users, the Azure Knights and Kite are outside the system parameters, along with the Deities like Aura, Morganna, Cubia and probably even the vaguely mentioned Twilight Dragon.

Also, one of my favorite fight scenes here. 
@ReiKai said:
" Kite has Aura's Bracelet and Haseo has the full force of the Eight Phases. Then there's the Azure Knights; Azure Flame Kite, Azure Flame Orca, and Azure Flame Balmung, who're all NPC's created by Aura as system-debuggers and who, even if destroyed, will simply reform and return. Also, Azure Flame Kite also possesses the Bracelet which grants him Data Drain. Plus AIDA is also there and Tri-Edge Ovan with the 8th Phase, Corbenik the Rebirth which is a universe-wide effect. Digimon gods from what I've seen in the show are not all that strong. In fact they're little better than Mega level Digimon and only a short range of Digimon in any of the verses can actually absorb data. Tamers series can do it but only to absorb data from defeated or much weaker digimon to strengthen themselves. Data Drain is on a whole other scale. And really all AIDA, Epitaph Users, the Azure Knights and Kite are outside the system parameters, along with the Deities like Aura, Morganna, Cubia and probably even the vaguely mentioned Twilight Dragon. "
remember in order to use data drain, who have to beat the crap out fo the thing first, implied in the game mechanic, and why the data drain in question is not done repeatedly, and of course there's digimon who sometimes affect the real world 

i do change my mind .hack wins haseo is more or less anomalies of anomalies
Dot-hack does affect the real world. Aura herself is actually a digital god and affects the entire network globally, as does Cubia who was the reason behind the Network Crisis (all of them), which could've destroyed the world had it not been for Kite (4x) and later Haseo (GU). Also, forget the game mechanic. It's not required. Also there's a scene in GU where it shows Azure Kite Data Draining a player without a fight sequence or weakening him. 

Against things like AIDA and the Epitaphs you needed a Protect Break, which meant breaking down their defenses long enough to hit with a Data Drain, before their recover. Effectively this means they have infinite HP so long as you can't Data Drain them. Incidentally, the 2nd Phase, Innis "The Mirage of Deceit" can create doubles or just about anyone or anything and use them to fight, and as they are illusions they can't be defeated, but the damage they deal is certainly real. The only way to stop them is to stop Innis.
@ReiKai said:
" Dot-hack does affect the real world. Aura herself is actually a digital god and affects the entire network globally, as does Cubia who was the reason behind the Network Crisis (all of them), which could've destroyed the world had it not been for Kite (4x) and later Haseo (GU). Also, forget the game mechanic. It's not required. Also there's a scene in GU where it shows Azure Kite Data Draining a player without a fight sequence or weakening him. Against things like AIDA and the Epitaphs you needed a Protect Break, which meant breaking down their defenses long enough to hit with a Data Drain, before their recover. Effectively this means they have infinite HP so long as you can't Data Drain them. Incidentally, the 2nd Phase, Innis "The Mirage of Deceit" can create doubles or just about anyone or anything and use them to fight, and as they are illusions they can't be defeated, but the damage they deal is certainly real. The only way to stop them is to stop Innis. "
i know, i finished all of the .hack franchise except for the novel
I have the novels too, 4x and GU, plus grabbing the new ones and new manga they're putting out. I'mma get the .hack//G.U. Trilogy movie soon.
@ReiKai: i am only waiting for //link and that ever so obscure ds game
They need to make a full MMO for everyone to have. It'd be awesome. Make it like the GU games with a char creation process, bigger areas and more classes and you got an epic game. Hell I can already think of several classes to add.
@ReiKai: well they made on , which is japan only and with some people in brazil playing
I know, and I hate them for that. I effing want it. In English. Put in Heavy Arms class (Edge Punisher + Lord Partizan + Heavy axe from R1) for another Multi-weapon class. Highest def rating, but really damn slow and weakest to magic. Master Swordsman (Blade Brandier, Twin Blade, Tribal Grappler), leather wearing with all-around good offense/defense to melee and magic. Expert Marksman (Steam Gunner, Dual Shot aka Haseo's xth form weapons, and new weapons bows/steam-powered repeating crossbows). Lastly, Learned Magi (Harvest Cleric + Shadow Warlock + Macabre Dancer).
@ReiKai: remember xth form is not a real class,it is a complete asspull of haseo e.g i make my own class now

also balance issue
adept rogue is a starting class that can take all jobs, now even if you put all those new class, people will still go for the adept rogue (because they are freakishly versatile)

it's better to have them as master class
Actually from what I've seen, Adept Rogue can only choose class-weapons that're non-magical, ie we see Matsu with a Bayonette (Steam Gunner Weapon), but we don't see any other Rogue class using, say, a Staff (Cleric) or Grimoirre (Warlock) or Fans (Dancer). Plus a Rogue can only use up to 3 weapons max, 1 start and 2 more with the Job Extensions. So an Adept Rogue could have any combination of weapon classes so long as they're not magical, given the evidence and showings, although a favorite seems to be Edge Punishers broadswords.
@ReiKai: that's because in the mmo ,edge punished have the best of almost everything beside magic and dodge, the attack speed is suprisingly decent therefore the blade brandier and edge punisher is THE newbie class, and didn't lord patizan designed to replace heavy axe?
Lord Partizan was designed to replace the Heavy Spear class. They basically just dumped Heavy Axe and put it all into Edge Punisher which was no different than Heavy Sword class. Also, you're forgetting something. In Roots they basically explained that Adept Rogues are scarce and hard to come by, because for players it was the worst class to pick. Sure you may think it's cool to be able to use multiple weapons, but your stats are weaker than all other melee classes and it takes longer to master the skills and raise rank in each of the weapons, thus making it too much trouble and too hard for most players to deal with. Despite the fact that, as Haseo proved, a maxed out Adept Rogue can be brutal.
@ReiKai said:
" Lord Partizan was designed to replace the Heavy Spear class. They basically just dumped Heavy Axe and put it all into Edge Punisher which was no different than Heavy Sword class. Also, you're forgetting something. In Roots they basically explained that Adept Rogues are scarce and hard to come by, because for players it was the worst class to pick. Sure you may think it's cool to be able to use multiple weapons, but your stats are weaker than all other melee classes and it takes longer to master the skills and raise rank in each of the weapons, thus making it too much trouble and too hard for most players to deal with. Despite the fact that, as Haseo proved, a maxed out Adept Rogue can be brutal. "
nah he is just very very special , and no i never say adept is easy class, it's up there with dancer and solo shadow warlock, in terms of difficulty
Dancer relies heavily upon status-affecting spells and Warlock has strongest attack magic and spells, but against a pure Melee class both can get pwned pretty hard. Anyone with proper recovery potions can make a Dancer's status afflictions null and Dancer's melee damage isn't great until you get them to really high level, which is difficult to do. As explained, only 5% of players were over lv100 and Haseo was in the topmost portion of them when he was 133.
@ReiKai said:
" Dancer relies heavily upon status-affecting spells and Warlock has strongest attack magic and spells, but against a pure Melee class both can get pwned pretty hard. Anyone with proper recovery potions can make a Dancer's status afflictions null and Dancer's melee damage isn't great until you get them to really high level, which is difficult to do. As explained, only 5% of players were over lv100 and Haseo was in the topmost portion of them when he was 133. "
true , haseo did became a major force

dancer relies on status effect(DOT) in pvp, they would most likely get their ass handed first against heavy damage player
warlock, you either choose to be casting spells often, but doing teeny tiny damage or huge BLAST OF DOOM once or twice
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel