Dormammu vs

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Jan. 13, 2013. Last post by 321zigzag1 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

The other day I discovered a villain called Dormammu. He looks pretty cool looking so I decided to pit him against an enemy. I heard that Getter Emperor is pretty powerful, so why not him?

I ment to have to title as Dormmamu vs Getter Emperor, but I forgot to put Getter Emperor in and I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Do you mean the Marvel Dormmamu?

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MarioRedfield: That one yes

Post by taichokage (12,466 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I thought Dormammu was only from Marvel. Anyway, it's not the easiest battle in the world, given that Getter Emperor is a universal threat, galactic+ in size, but Dormammu is greater than the likes of Doctor Strange, Melhisto and maybe even Odin, as he has even overuled the magic of Odin before. He took on Eternity the abstract and though he lost, he did survive. He is easily in the Galactus/Stranger/In-betweener power range. I'd give it to Dormammu at the end of the day.
Post by niBBit (663 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: Those where more of the classical age + iirc Dormammu had amps or/and help from others in his fight with Eternity, of those amps i believe was from Umar. I agree that Dormammu is perhaps stronger than Odin who is a beast, i remember a seeing a scan where Lord Chaos and Lord Order choose Odin and Dormammu as their champions or something so thats saying something.

@taichokage: It was confusing because the picture looked like him but not exactly like him.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Well i don't know much about getter emporer can someone post something of him so i can formulate an argument for Dormammu, and are classic dormammu feats useable here? classic Dormammu is easily a universal threat going by classic feats.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,024 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@MarioRedfield said:

@taichokage: It was confusing because the picture looked like him but not exactly like him.

I'm pretty sure thats his design from the Doctor Strange movie. But I like his comic design better.

@UltimateHero0406: Well I didn't know that

Post by Lord_Satanis (16 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Getter Emperor should take it with difficulty.
Post by 321zigzag1 (637 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Classic Dormammu's best feat included stalemating Eternity in the 1970s outside the Dark Dimension. Although some told me Dormammu had some prep because he was sealing Eternity beforehand.

Current Dormmammu defeated Eternity with the help of Umar also thanks to the shift of the cosmic axis (plot device).

At least he is Odin's level outside of his dimension and top tier skyfathers can go from Galactic to universal scale threats depending on the situation.

Classic Odin even had universal feats at once upon a time.

@solesamurai said:

Well i don't know much about getter emporer can someone post something of him so i can formulate an argument for Dormammu, and are classic dormammu feats useable here? classic Dormammu is easily a universal threat going by classic feats.

This. Getter Emperor like most fictional characters in the entirety of fiction are virtually unknown to most people.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel