Dio Vs Vegeta

Topic started by nishi99 on May 4, 2014. Last post by othus12 2 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by nishi99 (1,586 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Vs

Saiyan Saga Vegeta

Part 3 Dio

In Character

No Prep

Setting Metro City

Post by LHWKnight (2,683 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Vegeta with mild annoyance because of Za warudo.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,478 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Vegeta won't show off his full strength because he's in character.

Dio on the other hand starts off with Za Warudo becuase he's cheeky.

Dio probably wins by stabbing Vegeta in the eyes and at base I doubt he's going to be able to stop since ki has to be channeled for defenses to be in effect in DBZ.

Post by TheDragonFist (71 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I doubt Vegeta won't show his full strenght if he had to. If he feels that the opponent his really strong then he'll do anything to win,like when he fought Goku he had to transform to an Oozaru to win. Even at base vegeta durability's exceed by far moon level, arguably planet durability (saiyan saga).

can somenone tell me how strong Dio is? so that way I can know if this is a mismatch or not.

Thank you in advance.

@TheDragonFist: Did you forget about the Vegeto vs Super Buu fight? He likes to play with people weaker than him, and Dio is techincally weaker than him.

As for Dio's abilities he can freeze the blood of any person he comes into contact with physically, and stop time and move around/attack for 7 free seconds. (Za Warudo)

All things considered 7 seconds is all that is required to stab someone in the eyes, and since durability only applies in DBZ if they are actively channeling their ki for the purpose of defense, a cocky Vegeta at base will die horribly.

Post by MasterAsia (53 posts) See mini bio Level 6

All things considered 7 seconds is all that is required to stab someone in the eyes, and since durability only applies in DBZ if they are actively channeling their ki for the purpose of defense, a cocky Vegeta at base will die horribly.

^ This

Yeah Dio is massively weaker but he likes to Za Warudo spam which allows him to take this.

Post by taichokage (12,662 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Another instance where hax trumps overwhelming power. Unless Vegeta were to start up in the sky, it's an easy win for Dio.
Post by GeneralVan (1,594 posts) See mini bio Level 9

In character it could go either way imo. Bloodlusted though then Vegeta wins no doubt.

Post by taichokage (12,662 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Don't see what Vegeta even bloodlusted could hope to pull off against instantly freezing time then getting turned to ice.
Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Unless Vegeta starts off in his Super Saiyan forms, he gets his blood frozen whilst in a time stop.

Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Dio was calced in the teratons for his Timestop damage, I believe last i checked he stopped at Saiyan saga Vegeta in terms of power. So I give it to Dio but Vegeta can one shot. However Dio has blood freezing, spores, and phasing. Dio does have power but Vegeta took a planet busting kamahameha and spirit bomb so Dio beating Vegeta by punching him is out of the question. But yeah without their ki defenses they are not that strong, a time stop attack may be enough to win here. Funny though I was in a debate on the OBD with Dio vs Toriko and Toriko won easily, but it sohuld be noted that it was current Toriko who is>>>>Saiyan saga characters and his gourmet cells protected him from spores plus after the Ice hell arc freezing would do nothing to him. But in this case Saiyans have shown vulnerability to the elements like needing air and cna't breath under water, getting cold, getting hot ect.

One thing I will say about the freezing though, the strongest person Dio has shown to freeze was a building level opponent so why would it freeze someone like Vegeta? Aint that NLF? Generally, we take freezing attacks or attacks of that nature as being equal to the largest or most durable thing they've frozen unless it's AZ or something. The most infamous case of this in the OBD is Aokiji, who was calc'd in a rather roundabout way to be able to freeze anything with gigaton durability or lower. But it can't go any higher than that until better feats are available. The same should apply here. Dio's been shown to at best be able to freeze people with building level durability, which Saiyan saga Vegeta would have laughed at.

You can get Dio freezing affects from liquid nitrogen.

I know people are thinking "Does Vegeta have planet level blood or insides?" Well yes basically, for one thier organs would be completely destroyed every time they get punched down to Earth or take a multi-mountian or planet level attack so it only makes sense for their insides to be the same, as for blood well, same deal; You're assuming their blood flow has the same strength as of a regular person.

Despite the fact the said veins need to transfer massive amount of nutrients and energy at insane multi-Mach speeds (triple digits Mach in Vegeta's case).

And that capillaries are "planet level" in durability with reason

So you can expect a similarly powerful flow of blood pumping in those veins.

Sure, it sounds absolutely ridiculous but that's the result if you really try to get down to the details like you just did.

So yeah, if you want to get really technical, planet level Vegeta has "planet level" blood flow.

Dio's ice is getting disintegrated just from the force of friction.

However would DBZ character's be able to maintain their ki barrier within time stop?

Post by TheDragonFist (71 posts) See mini bio Level 9

well if Dio is weaker than Vegeta (SAIYAN SAGA), then Vegeta had no interest of showing his true strenght why bothe?, but don't forget that vegeta is a smart skilled fighter, he won't simply be killed by inferior beings. Sure he understimated his opponents and got wrecked, but thats because his opponents were stronger than him. Like cell or Frieza.

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MasterAsia said:

^ This

Yeah Dio is massively weaker but he likes to Za Warudo spam which allows him to take this.

Not really, i can prove that wrong for instance. I mean yes they can IMPROVE their durability alot when using ki, but if they remove their ki it won't necessarily be durability-less.

Btw. Vegeta also stated that he cannot lower his ki when he was letting krillin attack him, therefore there is a maximum amount that you can lower your ki, and that weak attack krillin threw that didn't affect Vegeta is undoubtedly at moon level. But this version of vegeta is like 50x stronger than that version of vegeta.

Post by Akira_Toriyama_is_GodofWeights (64 posts) See mini bio Level 7

What is this new concept active channeling Ki Like Naruto nonsense ? Ki is inside their body , so when the time is stopped doesn't mean their Ki goes out of their body.

Goku in chapter 1 took a bullet to the head.

nothing dio has can hurt vegeta. so when the world is over , dio will be dead.

saiyans are shown in space which imply extreme low temperatures are not a problem.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Then why couldn't DIO just phase through Vegeta's head and scramble his brains like eggs?
Post by Boxer_Joe (305 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SpeedForceSpider: Well assuming blood freezing and stingy eyes are even viable considering Dio never used them after gaining The World, the same thing applies here with freezing or phasing: The fact that Vegeta takes attacks from people who could casually bust planets seems to entail a sort of internal durability. If your organs remained as strong as normal human than the pressure of all those blasts would have destroyed Vegeta's brain/heart/lungs effortlessly.

@Akira_Toriyama_is_GodofWeights:

You have ignored what we said earlier and obviously don't know what you're talking about when you don't know aobut Goku getting hurt by a rock jokingly thrown by Killen because he wasn't concentrating on chanelling ki for defense.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Boxer_Joe: Well seeing as Jotaro phased through his own body, through a glass wall, and through Joseph's body I don't see why Dio couldn't. And I wouldn't claim so much Vegeta having planetary level organs, just most likely Ki protects the surface so no blunt trauma affects his insides. They normally protect themselves with Ki at will if I remember correctly, hell even Frieza was cut up by a simple blade and Vegeta was gonna get stabbed by Yajirobe's. So I doubt their insides are extremely durable on their own. I don't see the flow of Ki being distributed the same way during a time stop like Kurohige mentioned, but that is just my opinion.

@Kurohige said:

One thing I will say about the freezing though, the strongest person Dio has shown to freeze was a building level opponent so why would it freeze someone like Vegeta? Aint that NLF?

Good point. The blood freezing is definitely hax though, but I wonder if it works the same way against people regardless of physical durability. Anyway I doubt he could freeze blood in Jonathan's body, because IIRC he said something in Part 1 about having absolute control of every cell in his body after training for a week(one of the reasons why he is the most powerful vampire). And we all know he lacks that full control due to Jotaro killing him. But the Ripper Eyes still should work.

Post by Akira_Toriyama_is_GodofWeights (64 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@CerusSerenade:

I don't know why you are using gag scenes in filler episodes of anime as a case for Goku durability. Goku cant even drive in movies doesnt mean he cant drive because he still drove a car in Cell saga.

Even Frieza knew a planet exploding on both their face wont affect them . Frieza was betting on the fact that since Goku would need air to breathe , Frieza was likely going to end up being the winner.

@Akira_Toriyama_is_GodofWeights: There's also the scene where Future Trunks attacks Goku and Goku channels Ki to his finger. Defense is measure by how much ki is being channeled for that defense.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel