Destructor Asura vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan

Topic started by ReiKai on Nov. 26, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,518 posts) See mini bio Level 10
vs.
Opponents are scaled to each other for purposes of battle (meanin they are roughly the same size) and to avoid an annoying debate.

They will act in Character, and Asura will believe defeating TTGL will release him from his Wrath. Conversely, Simon and co believe that Asura will destroy everything. This match may bring new meaning to the phrase;

Rage Against the Machine

Post by MarioRedfield (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

Didn't Asura defeat the God of his universe? I don't think the scary robot is going to win here. Then again, I could be wrong.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,043 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I think that in that proportion, Asura is much stronger. He was was busting solar systems nd junk when he was human sized. Scale that up to bigger than a galaxy and Asura in destroyer mode can wipe out the universe while TTGL has only showed h2h and durability on that scale. So Asura wins. If he was only the size of a galaxy or a bit smaller, then you'd have a brawl.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,995 posts) See mini bio Level 13

goes on forever till both turn into statues like in the dlc because Asura will keep getting angrier and Simon will keep on defing physics and evolving with spiral power so I call stalemate

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I see Asura winning here.

Scaling can also mean bringing TTGL down to Asura's size (ie Planetary), which is prolly how big TTGL should've been anyway outside that whole distorted space dimension.
Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Gonna go with Asura here for obvious reasons, however I am an open minded person. Still, I have to ask, is this battle somehow inspired by the Thanos one? Because from the tone of your opening it seems like you are somewhat bitter about the debate on that thread, I could be wrong, it's just a hunch.

Not at all. Nothing to be bitter about anyway. However I figured eliminating the "Size" argument and the concept of mindrape is not possible for either side here anyway, it makes the match much more interesting as it really becomes two giant sized super powers beating the crap out of each other. I just figured this is a lot Simpler, in comparison to some other debates.
Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Ah, I see.

It's also because this is funny and fits so damn well.

Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

As far I recall, Asura is a star-buster. That's powerful and all but no where near powerful enough to beat TTGL.

Scaling can also mean bringing TTGL down to Asura's size (ie Planetary), which is prolly how big TTGL should've been anyway outside that whole distorted space dimension

It was the size of a galaxy.

You see that thing they were fighting on, and those two big disks the Anti-Spiral grabbed for his Big Bang Attack?

Yeah, those were galaxies. Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann also dwarfs planets as well and it's much weaker than TTGL.

Didn't Asura defeat the God of his universe? I don't think the scary robot is going to win here. Then again, I could be wrong.

The only thing Chakravartin made was the planet Asura lived on. Well, he claims to have made it. He also created Naraka, which is the afterlife of Asura's world. He's powerful enough to toss around planets and stars (I believe he was also able to make one star go nova, in their fight) but he should also be defeated by TTGL.

Chakravartin has miniature galaxies floating around him, and was creating moons, planets and stars of various sizes and throwing them at Asura. Again, the thing with TTGL was the dimensional space they inhabited. You're never going to prove or disprove otherwise.

Regardless, as I've said, the fighters are Scaled so they are of equal size, which negates the continuous absurd debate about sizing issues. So leave that shit at the door and move one. And let me make another point;

@ReiKai said:

Chakravartin has miniature galaxies floating around him, and was creating moons, planets and stars of various sizes and throwing them at Asura. Again, the thing with TTGL was the dimensional space they inhabited. You're never going to prove or disprove otherwise.

Those "galaxies" were smaller than Chakra was, whilst Chakra is comparable in size to a large star. Since in the fight with Destructor Asura he was a couple times larger than the star he was floating over. Ala, this:

At 6:53 you can see Chakravartin floating over a star. He also creates and tosses stars at Asura in the fight. Some were comparable in size to him when he made them. So those were either star-sized/planet-sized "galaxies," a metaphorical representation of his power, or something else.

Regardless, as I've said, the fighters are Scaled so they are of equal size, which negates the continuous absurd debate about sizing issues. So leave that shit at the door and move one. And let me make another point;

So, if you're not weakening TTGL as well it still wins because it could tank an attack that was compared to the big bang and absorb its power.

It really sounds like you're just trying to downplay TTGL here.

And if you watch, one of those planets is like a thousand times Asura's size and he plowed straight through it. Point being, size didn't mean anything to him and galaxies are not one-size only. And, btw, all of your speed arguments were entirely based on TTGl's theoretical size and not actual ability.

And also, that "metaphorical representation of power" applies to TTGL as well. Which only further evidences them in a sort of hyper-dimension, because otherwise no one would see them.

@FalconC2 said:

So, if you're not weakening TTGL as well it still wins because it could tank an attack that was compared to the big bang and absorb its power.

It really sounds like you're just trying to downplay TTGL here.

No, that would be Lordgenome himself who absorbed the power and gave it to TTGL, and that was on the basis of the Anti-Spiral using the same type of energy as they were. All he did was reverse the polarity, much like what had been done to create TTGL in the first place. And there's no need for me to "downplay" a character that isn't as powerful as you'd like to claim.

Let me put it like this. While Wyzen in his Mantra form was larger than the planet, Asura was still only the size of a human, maybe six-foot something. And yet despite being like an atom or less in size, Asura still destroyed him utterly. And, in case you forgot, Destructor Asura was the size of the planet as well, and when he slammed into Chakravarin's head, he looked to be no more than the size of a marble next to Chakravartin. Size is meaningless when you have the power to do something about it.

Case in point there, Destructor Asura actually had legitimate FTL speed through space when fighting. And with the fight drawn to scale in this instance, what makes you think TTGL has any better of a chance than the guys Asura has already taken down? If you even bothered to note, Asura has infinite power as well. He has his Wrath that gives him limitless Mantra, they have their Spiral Power. Neither is explicitly better than the other.
Post by bowstaff54 (13 posts) See mini bio Level 4

@ReiKai: Stop making fights with TTGL, and then go bashing the character.

We know you don't like the character, so stop trolling.

:

Text walls. Well, that's predicable.

TTGL still absorbed that energy and utilized it after Lord Genome gave the energy to it. It was able to endure the big bang attack until Genome appeared and absorbed it--it wasn't able to instantly destroy it, so its durability is still pretty insane. I also haven't made any arguments about speed yet, and you're just pulling stuff out of nowhere.

There are things that contradict Chakravartin's size. The fact that he consistently appears to be similar in size to the stars he uses in battle (and the one that he's floating above), and just because a planet is bigger than Destructor Asura--and he punched through it--does not mean he can do the same with TTGL. I mean that's just silly. That's like saying because Luke Cage could throw a tank, he could throw an entire mountain. The infinite power claim is pure speculation and you haven't backed it up with evidence or even any statements. Whilst, the big bang storm was said to have power capable of creating universes.

And also, that "metaphorical representation of power" applies to TTGL as well. Which only further evidences them in a sort of hyper-dimension, because otherwise no one would see them.

Except there's nothing contradicting it (that I'm aware of). The galaxy size seems pretty consistent in that fight. Your "hyper-dimension is smaller or metaphysical theory" is also pure speculation with nothing to back it up. Has it been stated to be smaller or some such? No.

Post by PrinceAragorn1 (157 posts) See mini bio Level 4

This is going to be a long, long, long debate..

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Asura without much doubt. Not just because he kills God, who was reality warping up the wazoo - but on simple scale Asura seemed that much larger and easily plowing through objects much larger than said giant mech was.

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@FalconC2 said:

Except there's nothing contradicting it (that I'm aware of). The galaxy size seems pretty consistent in that fight. Your "hyper-dimension is smaller or metaphysical theory" is also pure speculation with nothing to back it up. Has it been stated to be smaller or some such? No.

Galaxies in that fight against the Anti Spiral acted nothing like galaxies and were about as large as the Earth was.

Galaxies in that fight against the Anti Spiral acted nothing like galaxies and were about as large as the Earth was.

Not from what I saw. I do remember the Anti-Spiral opening up a portal to view the Earth but I don't recall it being directly next to the galaxies to scale for size.

Plus, Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann was already dwarfing planets, and they were smaller in size by comparison to it when the Anti-Spiral ships started throwing them at SGGL if I remember correctly. TTGL is much larger than SGGL.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel