@CerusSerenade: jack is not anime
@taichokage: yeah main like main characters
@CerusSerenade: Actually, I agree with SMXLR8 on that one. I believe what was intended by the thread is animation or comics of Japanese origin. Going by your definition, we could use any cartoon in existence, in which case, why differentiate at all? Going by the understood definition of anime, if it's from Japan, yes. If not, no. Simple as that. If we are neither lawyers nor machines, it's ok to ignore insignificant technicalities.
@crushing2012: I have a few questions for you if you don't mind
1. I think Alucard is above HST unless you can prove he is not otherwise I think you should pick someone else
2. How does Kirito - Sword Art Online powers work , can he use them freely?
3. about your match up's How sure are you that it's a match and how would the matches go?
@CerusSerenade: I'm not promoting stupidity so don't say I am. Your trying to play lawyer and look for loopholes to use one character instead of just doing what she intended and having no problems. American cartoons are not what is meant by anime and you know it. Also your rather rude tone isn't helping either.
@SMXLR8: And here are your answers...
1. Alcuard may seem invincible, but he can take a lot of damage and recover quickly... he is not a god
2. Kirito's abilities are used when he focuses on his "Sword Arts" and then they are used... So yes he can use them freely. But they are not unlimited (IMO SAO is a more bad ass verison of dot.hack//sign)
3. As for the match ups, when I looked over each of your team-mates abilities using this site... I picked the characters who I had already picked, who would be best to fight them imo... as you stated you want an even fight or have them defeated...
1. Tasha Godspell - Witch Hunter
2. Kama - Omega Complex
3. Saber - Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night
4. Vash The Stampede (manga version) - Trigun
5. Kazuma Yagami - Kaze no Stigma
6. Adam Blade - Needless
Should be able to clear the Power 6 protagonists rather casually.
@UltimateHero0406: It's not a loophole, it's ignorance from the OP. Anime by definition does not refer only to japanese animation, but all animation. He should have said "japanese anime" as a opposed to just "anime." Unless you want to say that the rules are wrong, all anime is fair game so long as it falls in line with the rest of the rules. He's free to change the rules if he wants and aknowledge that he's wrong, but until then Jack stays because it's within the rules by its definition. No number of attempts at misdirection at me by saying I am "trying to play lawyer" changes the facts, so don't attempt to say that it does.
Oh, You think I'm being rude. That's nice, it doesn't change how the definition of "anime" is still all forms of animation. How nice of you to bring up a completely unrelated and useless piece information not to prove your own point, but to attack me. Please go on to say how you're not rude yourself Sir Ad Hominem.
@CerusSerenade: so what your saying is that looney tunes is an anime as well as ed, edd, n eddy , fairy odd parents and any other cartoon.
can you link me to a website that says that anime=any cartoon and not have to be japanese originated.(English website)
@CerusSerenade: anime is short for animation however if your outside of japan than when people say anime their referring to japanese cartoons and on this site i think people use anime to reference japanese cartoon if by any chance your living in japan then i guess your right because japanese people refer to all animation as anime but since this website was created by someone outside japan then this website is not japanese so on this website anime means japanese cartoons.
@CerusSerenade: Your taking this way too seriously. First, since when is any and all cartoons referred to as anime? In that case, there is no point in calling either American or Japanese cartoons a different name. Anime is the term Japanese people use to refer to their animation. Everywhere else is called cartoons. Your taking the definition completely out of context here. And second, who is attacking you? I'm saying your bad attitude isn't needed here. Calling things stupidity and ignorance doesn't help your point at all. And coming into someone else's thread and saying, "I'm doing this, deal with it" is in fact rude.
@CerusSerenade: Your taking this way too seriously.
@CerusSerenade: Samurai Jack is not anime as the battle forum rules define it. The OP made a thread with rules so you gotta play by em. If it hurts your heart to not see Samurai Jack counted as anime, make a thread in the off-topic forum or just don't participate in this particular thread.