Debater's Rating Thread: June 2014

Topic started by Low on June 9, 2014. Last post by takashichea 3 months ago.
Post by Low (1,379 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This is a community project intended to bring to light members of the battle community that contributes to the forum with their activity and debating skills. While the

• taichokage
  • DBZ_universe

Voting will proceed till the start of next month by which time more names will be added to the list. Once votes start coming in, I will create a google document where the statistics will be stored.

Rules

1. You may not vote for yourself.
  2. Votes may be cast by saying Vote <username>. Follow this procedure to vote for someone elsle of your choice. Your vote will swing this way.
Post by takashichea (12,669 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Low:

Weird, the thread didn't show up on your activity feed, Low. I was wondering why it didn't show your name.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

So as a community do we choose a hall of frame? or we can only vote for people you know and choose @Low: because there are a lot of great debaters that were here before either you or I, that some of the most experience debaters on anime vice such as : and @DBZ_universe: might want to honor by including those users that are no longer active, but were great debaters that deserve a spot in the hall of frame.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

How many debating threads do we need?

@takashichea said:

@Low:

Weird, the thread didn't show up on your activity feed, Low. I was wondering why it didn't show your name.

Maybe because I had an error that came up a 500 error...

@waybig1010101 said:

So as a community do we choose a hall of frame? or we can only vote for people you know and choose @Low: because there are a lot of great debaters that were here before either you or I, that some of the most experience debaters on anime vice such as : and @DBZ_universe: might want to honor by including those users that are no longer active, but were great debaters that deserve a spot in the hall of frame.

I only choose from debators that I know are good from posts around the community. I don't really know anything about anyone thats inactive or gone.

@hitsusatsu11 said:

How many debating threads do we need?

There's no criterea as such. I look for debater's that have a certain amount of credibility. I am planning on recruiting some people as judges that will help me pick members for the list.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@Low: ok I see if your going to get later judges then I guess thats fine

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Low: Im just saying imo theres no point in having a debater of the month, rate the debators and now this. Pretty soon would well have more threads discussing debate than actual debate. Seems redundant to me but if you wanna do it than more power to you.

@hitsusatsu11 said:

@Low: Im just saying imo theres no point in having a debater of the month, rate the debators and now this. Pretty soon would well have more threads discussing debate than actual debate. Seems redundant to me but if you wanna do it than more power to you.

Eh no. By no means every idea is perfect. Mine is no exception. I just want to give this a try. In your deduction, I have a feeling that the essense of "rating" is misunderstood. We are not trying to discern how good or bad someone is, or place them apart in a relative manner, but depends on who is the most accepted around the community.

@hitsusatsu11 said:

The reason I started the best battle of the user month back in December was that we had too many issues with the battle forums. Being a competitive sport, things often get ugly.

• My inexperience with moderating an unfamiliar territory and outside of jurisdiction, the wiki community. I cannot fix the problem because I have no people skills.
  • The lax moderation is allowing folks to bash each other.
  • Kurohige was pointing out how the debating in Anime Vice's battle forums have plummeted because no one respected other or even know how to end a civil debate without getting out of hand.

The Best Battle of the Month was implemented to promote the battle forums and pick out users as role models. Try to motivate users to debate well and to become well rounded. Many of the past battle users were wiki editors, reviewers, or RPG members.

Eventually, the battle of the month will run into obscure users. By obscure, I mean users who only debated in the battle forums and didn't do reviews, blogs, or even fill out their bio. I approved Low's project because it will create incentive and accomplishments for obscure users. Recently, Tom Pinchuk posted Kurohige's Battle of the Month article on the front page. Making it the first time the battle forums have been mentioned on the front page for 5 long years in this site.

Outstanding and Well Round Users

• Taichokage
  • Dream
  • SMXLR8
  • Waybig1010101
  • SpeedForceSpider
  • Yusuke52
  • Kuma
  • DBZ Universe
  • Othus12
  • Kurohige
  • Vapovile
  • KingofAsh
  • Hitsusatsu11

Active Debaters with known accomplishments or done something else besides battle forums

• Deadman323 - created a respect thread
  • Eddz99 - respect threads
  • CerusSerenade - RPG
  • Jinbeifan - respect thread
  • Supernova7005 - feat thread
  • Justalittlegirl - RPG

Obscure Debaters

• Girugamesh
  • Shadow Okami9
  • GeneralVan
  • Haiken
  • CosmicDude
  • Bruce246
  • Ohgodwhy
  • CrimsonDragon
Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Huh...just noticed this.

@DBZ_universe:

It's up to you to join or not. I don't think Low contacted you or Taichokage when creating this project and asking me to check over it.

@takashichea: Naw am good. I don't deserve to be a "hall of famer". That's more for guys like Newdeath, Hitsusatsu11, ReiKai, Dream, and others.

@DBZ_universe:

Thank you for your time and being humble.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,803 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

@takashichea: Naw am good. I don't deserve to be a "hall of famer". That's more for guys like Newdeath, Hitsusatsu11, ReiKai, Dream, and others.

If this was Facebook, I would give you a "like".

@MarioRedfield:

A system that incorporates likes and dislikes can be easily corrupted and exploited if you see online battle communities with those systems.

On-topic:

I did approve of DBZ's answers.

@MarioRedfield: haha thanks Revolver!

Post by MarioRedfield (1,803 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@takashichea said:

@MarioRedfield:

A system that incorporates likes and dislikes can be easily corrupted and exploited if you see online battle communities with those systems.

On-topic:

I did approve of DBZ's answers.

No, you're absolutely right. People would gang up on people that disagree with them and bombard those who are arguing against them with likes.

Post by Dream (7,743 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: What about me? ;_;

@Dream:

I would definitely put you as outstanding and well rounded user. I guess I excluded the mods in my list.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel