Dartz vs Yusei

Topic started by AnimeDefender on Oct. 23, 2013. Last post by One_Piece_God 8 months, 1 week ago.
Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Rules

No prep

In character

Dartz at his duel with Atem and Kaiba, Yusei EOS

Duelist's

VS

Post by axavierhansz (240 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Plz no more yugioh battles. Nobody in the whole series actually has a half-decent deck so it's all about plot devices.

Post by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 10

OTK Quasar. GG

@axavierhansz said:

Plz no more yugioh battles. Nobody in the whole series actually has a half-decent deck so it's all about plot devices.

5DS and Zexal make your agurment invalid. Those two series actually have insanely hax decks and follow the rules ( to much extent ).

@AnimeDefender said:

@axavierhansz said:

5DS and Zexal make your agurment invalid. Those two series actually have insanely hax decks and follow the rules ( to much extent ).

Bro go download devpro and try their anime deck duels. The anime cards have retardedly broken superpowers that allow for easy FTK's no matter what your opponent is using. I don't know ALL the anime effects but from the cards I do remember, I am quite sure I can construct a deck with probably at least 50% chance of FTK. Case in point http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_of_Sanctity . Read the Anime effect. It's an unlimited card so I can run 3. From this one card alone I can make an Exodia FTK deck that has probably over 50% chance of FTK and like 95% of second turn win.

Given the broken effects of cards in the Anime, assuming that the players in the anime are as good as they say, then no duel can last over 3 turns except due to plot devices. I.e. almost every duel ever portrayed is just a plot device. So if we throw out PIS there's really no way to tell who can win.

@axavierhansz: So you are comparing the Original Yugioh to 5DS and Zexal.............. Did you even watch 5DS or Zexal?

Post by Zerogodlike (1,163 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@axavierhansz said:

@AnimeDefender said:

@axavierhansz: So you are comparing the Original Yugioh to 5DS and Zexal.............. Did you even watch 5DS or Zexal?

Just to let you guys know i Have a godly Yugioh Deck lol and also i might check out 5DS

@AnimeDefender: First of all, Dartz IS an original yugioh character. So he gets access to exodia. 3 cards of sanctity, 2 magical stone excavation, 3 cards of demise, add a hint of graceful charity and pot of greed, and it's nearly guarantee first turn kill.

Second of all, all cards carry over to later series. According to the Yu Gi Oh story, the monsters that the cards summon are actually real life monsters that exist in a Duel Spirit world. There's no indication that there has been some sort of mass extinction event in the Spirit realm so it's reasonable to assume that all cards carry over. An example of that is Statue Zone transforming Blue Eyes Statue Dragon into Blue Eyes White Dragon in Zexal.

So any competitive duelist would have no choice but to run 3 card of sanctity 2 magical stone excavation 3 cards of demise and use exodia FTK, even in 5ds and zexal. Let's say that for some reason exodia got BANNED completely. Those mega-draw cards would still allow for super-easy OTK's. Graceful charity allows easy discarding of monsters into the graveyard which allows you to field http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_End_Ruler_-Ruler_of_the_Beginning_and_the_End- on the first turn, which is basically an FTK because your opponent loses his/her hand and takes massive damage. And that's an Zexal card too, showing that it's just as easy to FTK with Zexal cards as it is with Original cards.

But of course Yusei doesn't have that card. And let's say that Yusei got tired of Exodia FTK. Yusei can still practically guarantee FTK with a deck similar to what he is using in the anime. Now you're probably saying WAIT a minute if you go first you can't attack on your first turn!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mischief_of_the_Time_Goddess

Now you can. Super draw engine + Mischief of the time Goddess. As long as you can summon 2 2000+ attackers on your first turn (easy with a synchro deck), use Mischief of the Time Goddess (easy to get due to mega draw engine), and the 4000 LP rule, FTK is easy. Even if you don't get FTK, you're pretty much guaranteed to get second turn OTK unless your opponent completely demolishes you on their turn.

I'm a huge Yu-Gi-Oh freak so trust me when I say that while the anime was thoroughly enjoyable, the actual duels themselves were purely PIS without a single ounce of skill involved. Whoever lucksacks wins all.

Post by xlab3000 (1,358 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Zexal and 5Ds are awesome.

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk said:

OTK Quasar. GG

This

@axavierhansz: People barely use yugioh characters in battle forums we mostly use the hst and dbz characters. DevPro is awesome

Please join http://www.animevice.com/forums/yu-gi-oh/113/yu-gi-oh-trading-card-game-club/341726/

@xlab3000: I like yugioh character battles. I think with speed equalized Yugi can actually kill a lot of characters and I'd love to see more of that. But Yugioh in-character CARD DUELS are dumb.

Also I still insist you can't just call OTK Quasar because if they actually made proper, competitive decks then dartz would go FTK exodia for sure and add seal of oricalchols purely to steal souls. So it would be like 1 terraforming 1 seal of oricalcols rest of deck exodia ftk. But we know they won't do that.

@axavierhansz: Pretty sure Yusei pulled it off a couple times if I'm not mistaken. Haven't watched 5D's in a while.

@axavierhansz said:

@xlab3000: I like yugioh character battles. I think with speed equalized Yugi can actually kill a lot of characters and I'd love to see more of that. But Yugioh character CARD DUELS are retarded.

Also I still insist you can't just call OTK Quasar because if they actually made proper, competitive decks then dartz would go FTK exodia for sure and add seal of oricalchols purely to steal souls. So it would be like 1 terraforming 1 seal of oricalcols rest of deck exodia ftk. But we know they won't do that.

LOL at the bolded words. How are the character duels retarded? Do you have a DevPro account?

@xlab3000: Sorry by character duels I mean that dueling as if the characters were actually as good as they are said to be. I.E. assuming Yugi's playing strategy is actually worthy of being called King of Games. Because in that case the logical choice for everyone is to make FTK decks.

Now if we actually directly took the characters' decks to battle it out, that would be kinda fun for entertainment purposes but it doesn't really tell us which character is actually better at dueling since we don't actually ever know their entire decks, and from what we can see, they're not great.

I'm on my laptop but I'll dl devpro now. Can't remember my username lol I ragequit after Spellbook Judgment.

@axavierhansz said:

@xlab3000: Sorry by character duels I mean that dueling as if the characters were actually as good as they are said to be. I.E. assuming Yugi's playing strategy is actually worthy of being called King of Games. Because in that case the logical choice for everyone is to make FTK decks.

Now if we actually directly took the characters' decks to battle it out, that would be kinda fun for entertainment purposes but it doesn't really tell us which character is actually better at dueling since we don't actually ever know their entire decks, and from what we can see, they're not great.

I'm on my laptop but I'll dl devpro now. Can't remember my username lol I ragequit after Spellbook Judgment.

When you compare them to fan-made FTK and OTK of course they're not that great.

Post by One_Piece_God (540 posts) See mini bio Level 8

He does not have the dragon cards so he is screwed.

Dartz wins.

@One_Piece_God said:

He does not have the dragon cards so he is screwed.

Dartz wins.

Those dragon cards aren't everything lol, Dartz can get OTK'd.

Post by dccomicsrule2011 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Dartz stomps.

@dccomicsrule2011: Not unless he gets OTK'd by a quasar XD

Post by dccomicsrule2011 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Not unless he gets OTK'd by a quasar XD

That's Yusei's only way to win. If not he stands zero chance at beating Dartz.

@dccomicsrule2011: Pretty sure Yusei has done that before though, and Yusei tends to get out his key monsters pretty fast.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel