Dante vs. The Armored Avenger

Topic started by MarioRedfield on Oct. 18, 2012. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Dante is at his most powerful and Stark has two days of prep time. Battle in an abandoned New York City. Morals on, however both sides perceive the other as a major threat. Win by K.O. loser has to pay for drinks afterwards.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,033 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Dante is tough to beat beat but I'm gonna go with Ironman since he has so much prep time.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,899 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Damn two weeks prep? Well Dante is buying drinks today.

@SpeedForceSpider: How much less prep would Tony need to make this fair?

@MarioRedfield: Tony could get a Thorbuster or Hulkbuster on Dante I seriously didn't put much thought in it. Or get the Destroyer Armor which is pure rape.

Post by ReiKai (3,511 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Destroyer Armor is Asgardian, so kinda doubt that. Tony is best with prep if he knows what he's up again. Thorbuster armor was a crapshot and Hulkbuster never did get the job done. As strong as his larger armors are, they don't have the speed to be of any help against Dante. His most powerful form is Sparda Dante. Which, if you gave that to him now, would make him ridiculously powerful. He put down Cid with the power of Abigail, equivalent to that of Mundus, without transforming as far as he saw. When Dante first faced Mundus, he needed the Sparda Sword to face him. Dante is so powerful now he doesn't even need it to be at that level.

This is one kind of battle Tony Stark generally hates. Because he's going against someone with demonic power/magic. Stark hates magic. It's one of the few things he can't grasp or understand. Generally when dealing with a magical problem, he calls in Doc Strange or some other magic user. However, since he can't bring in outside help, he has to find a means of winning via his technology and resources.

As the op has changed Tony's prep to 2 days, that's two days of trying to first compile all the information about Dante he can and then trying to formulate a means by which to beat him. Much of Dante's past and early life is left completely in the dark. Before he opened "Devil May Cry" he worked as a "Hired Hand" solving problems with thugs, gangs and other big bads in the underworld. At that time he went by the name of Tony. After certain events he abandoned that life and began using the name Dante (which may be his birthname given by his mother and Sparda) and started up his demon-hunting/jack-of-all-trades business called "Devil May Cry". If the shabby place (or the anime) was any indication, he doesn't get many clients and he's almost perpetually in debt. Oh and his favorite food is strawberry sundaes. Pizza is his 2nd favorite.

Tony only has two real weaknesses as Iron-Man. His ego and the suits power supply. Tony can use too much power and leave him almost defenseless if he's not careful in how he fights. The armor also isn't unbreakable. While very durable, it can be damaged and even taken apart. And to make matters worse here, if Dante has full access to all his powers, that includes Quicksilver. Which means he can stop time.

Ah, the old days of PS2. Dante takes on Mundus

And here, another lord of the Underworld. Dante puts down Argosax in his greatest form, Despair Embodied. Then pulls a Ghost Rider and rides to Hell on his hog.

And never forget the anime. Taking out Abigail/Cid.

@ReiKai: Would the battle have been more fair if Iron Man had two weeks instead of two days?

@ReiKai: Yeah never got the job done on Thor and Hulk sure.

Dante has a shot because of the speed advantage mostly and he can fly as well. But now the OP is changed for two days Dante has this. I don't know how fast Iron Man is really but I know Dante is lightning fast since DMC1 thanks to Alastor and he has Quicksilver. And his father's sword Sparda allows him to unlock his hidden powers thanks to Sparda's blood. His power was so great that he deflected Mundus charged blast with telekinesis. The thing I really hated was despite his great power he was supposedly gonna die from the place collapsing which I thought was pure bullshit lol. Hell I forgot he has Access to his brother's sword Yamato which has tremendous magic power and the ability to cut threw anything. Yep Tony is screw should have followed my first thought.

@MarioRedfield: From what I heard Iron Man is supposed to be a master of prep. Of course not the best like Reed, Pym, or Doom but you know.

Post by ReiKai (3,511 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Honestly I don't know. I'd say his best bet is having a device made to create a temporary rift into the Negative Zone and BFR Dante. Since morals are on, they won't try and kill each other. So it comes down to restraining the other or debilitating them. Dante has near endless regeneration and nothing can really hold him. Maybe Tony could try chemical darts to try and put Dante to sleep, but unsure if such a thing would work.

Can you weigh in on this? I just realized we never decided on the outcome :(

@MarioRedfield said:

I just realized we never decided on the outcome :(

Dante wins here my friend.

@SpeedForceSpider: I guess it's a mismatch. Give him too much prep and Stark dominates, not enough and he loses miserably?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel