Dante vs Raoh

Topic started by DoctorUniverse on Nov. 17, 2012. Last post by phantomrant 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
1:15

Post by Fehafare (9,641 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SpeedForceSpider: We are talking about the raindrop feat.

And not him running down and catching the sword, i already said that that one is calced and accepted at mach 7-9.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: That was badass, makes me sad I always skipped the intro.

@Fehafare: My bad.

Post by Fehafare (9,641 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SpeedForceSpider: Lol np.

So yeah, it did not happen in the game cutscene but in the opening, right?

@Fehafare: Yeah I sometimes overlook details lol.

If you were to actually place it, it'd be right when the battle on the roof started where scene cuts and GamePlay takes over, then it resumes back into the cutscene. You see something like this in movies sometimes. They did something similar in the Matrix movies I believe. When Trinity was falling out the window and shooting at an Agent and she was being killed, then the movie starts from the "beginning". What we saw still happened, just the full scene itself isn't repeated after we know it happens. At least that is the case in DMC3.

They pulled something like this before in DMC2. There is that huge Skyscraper sized demon you have to fight. Only you end up taking on the head shooting laser beams, despite the cutscene showing it as a building, and we see from a Trailer that Dante goes DT and blows it to pieces, which reduces it down to a size where you fight it in game. If you look during the DMC3 intro though, they weren't showing the full fight anyway as depicted later. Only that one part of it that is essentially what happens when the player takes over (since we clearly don't run around shooting thousands of rounds and jumping twelve-million times around the screen to avoid attacks).

Either way I wouldn't discount it. Regardless, speed becomes almost irrelevant when you factor in Dante's Quicksilver. Aka Time Stopping.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ReiKai: Quicksilver is a form of time manipulation, but it's not time stopping, I own the series, the description says that Dante sends out a dimensional time-rift wave that slows down enemies while giving him ultra-high speed. Also, while in Quicksilver mode, Dante will constantly consume DT energy. It allows Dante to move at lightning quick speeds relative to enemies and the environment, thus allowing him to experiment with different tactics and combos. Now the Bangle of time allows Dante to stop time but only for nearby enemies but it also consumes energy. But even so, several people were immune to it, like Mundas and Nightmare for example. Still, Raoh has precog and can move faster than Dante can activate either of the two, unless Dante starts with that style equipped I don't see him using it in time. Also How far apart are they, what equipment does he even get?

Post by phantomrant (1,500 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Dante stops time and shoots him gg.

If we're gonna put in calcs here, then Raoh's speed advantage + Musou Tensei hax will result in him winning this.

But since I'm not gonna argue for any of the speed numbers from the recent HnK calcs except for the high-end mach 12+, Dante still wins this since he's faster in executing his hax.

Technically speaking, the reason why it doesn't work on "Boss Types" is because...that'd be cheap. And I don't feel we can go by an energy meter here since that was a Mechanic and, as we've seen, Quicksilver is an actual power. I've also not seen anything that says Raoh could outright blitz Dante. We've already established Dante as hypersonic. And that is without activating any time manipulation ability.

Equipping a style is just pure bollocks. It's like saying he needs the pendant pieces in DMC2 to have elemental powers. Pretty much anything that's not the Rebellion and/or Sparda Sword is just gravy. The point of the amulet and jewels in DMC2 was that Dante doesn't need other weapons to have other powers. It was all just mechanics. And as I've stated earlier, without any of those things (save Rebellion). he took on the base equivalent of Mundus without activating any of his other powers.

Dante is about equal on power with Sparda without the Sparda sword. If he were to have it now, he'd be downright unstoppable.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@phantomrant said:

If we're gonna put in calcs here, then Raoh's speed advantage + Musou Tensei hax will result in him winning this.

But since I'm not gonna argue for any of the speed numbers from the recent HnK calcs except for the high-end mach 12+, Dante still wins this since he's faster in executing his hax.

Maybe, however Roah will have known about it before hand and prepared for that. But if he is faster then yes.

@ReiKai said:

Technically speaking, the reason why it doesn't work on "Boss Types" is because...that'd be cheap. And I don't feel we can go by an energy meter here since that was a Mechanic and, as we've seen, Quicksilver is an actual power.

Certain boss types were immune not all, and those were the really powerful ones, I believe you could use it on Vergil (maybe not) but I don't think all bosses were immune and especially not mid-boss kinda characters. The enrgy meter can be used as sort of a stamina meter, the same way he can't stay in DT forever.

I've also not seen anything that says Raoh could outright blitz Dante. We've already established Dante as hypersonic. And that is without activating any time manipulation ability.

He may not blitz him, but with precog and at least mildly superior melee and movement speed he can activate his ability like musou tensei before Dante can hit him.

Equipping a style is just pure bollocks. It's like saying he needs the pendant pieces in DMC2 to have elemental powers. Pretty much anything that's not the Rebellion and/or Sparda Sword is just gravy. The point of the amulet and jewels in DMC2 was that Dante doesn't need other weapons to have other powers. It was all just mechanics.

By equip I mean he usually has his guns or sword out first and in order to activate Quicksilver he sends out a sort of wave at the opponent, it's not instant like Dio's timestop or something.

And as I've stated earlier, without any of those things (save Rebellion). he took on the base equivalent of Mundus without activating any of his other powers.

That guy was not that impressive as I said before, his size allowed him to destroy a good portion of the city but his minions that he was summoning were being easily slaughtered by lady and Trish like fodder, also Dante was tagged by that huge guy multiple times in that fight, I don't see why Raoh wont do the same, that guy was killed from a slash, and the clash from the two of them going at full power only destroyed the top of that tower, not sure how that guy was impressive at all nor did that show off any of Dante's speed, only his durability and physical power both of which wont help him much in this fight since Raoh's physical strength craps all over Dante's and durability wont do much when he is obliterated.

Dante is about equal on power with Sparda without the Sparda sword. If he were to have it now, he'd be downright unstoppable.

Unstoppable as opposed to his own universe or all of fiction or something? This guy can still be killed, mindf@cked, decapitated, knocked out, ect. Not sure where you got unstoppable, what feats would he have aside from hypesonic and gadgets like quicksilver, even with Sparda?

@Kurohige: You make a damn good argument my friend but with the Sparda, Dante has demonstrated powers like telekinesis against a powerful beam from Mundus. His durability may not be the greatest but he more than makes up for it with his speed and versatility. A serious Dante can make shit go down. And as for the anime, although he seemed very powerful at times(Like when he basically one shotted Baul & Modeus who were personally trained by his father), he didn't do much impressive as he did in DMC1. With the feats from DMC1 logically he should have been able to one shot the final boss in the anime. Hell, in DMC4 he one shotted demons Nero couldn't.

Skip to 1:45

Post by OmegaDynasty (16 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@phantomrant said:

Not sure what shooting is going to do to Ken-Oh. Seeing how Kenshiro, his younger brother was able to take a skyscrapper, giant rocks, and steel beams struck over his head. This was before Kenshiro was strong enough to take on Raoh.

Also here is something that Dante is going to have to watch out for....here is a younger Raoh, showing how deadly his punches are. Check at 7:20

Post by phantomrant (1,500 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@OmegaDynasty said:

@phantomrant said:

Not sure what shooting is going to do to Ken-Oh. Seeing how Kenshiro, his younger brother was able to take a skyscrapper, giant rocks, and steel beams struck over his head. This was before Kenshiro was strong enough to take on Raoh.

Also here is something that Dante is going to have to watch out for....here is a younger Raoh, showing how deadly his punches are. Check at 7:20

With what Dante has shown what he can do with his guns when he fought The Savior, I'd be very hard-pressed to see that his bullets won't go straight into Raoh's eyes (and while within a timestop no less).

I remember that scene from that Gaiden anime (which I didn't really like compared to the original storylines, but anyhow....) where Raoh busts that skyscraper from a distance after plowing his fist into some guy. But, unless I'm wrong that these things are generally not accepted if not specifically allowed in the OP, it's a non-canonical feat.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel