Dante vs Cloud vs Gilgamesh

Topic started by supernova7005 on April 10, 2013. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by CerusSerenade (2,623 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SpeedForceSpider: You do understand that you just compared machinegun fire to the speed of light right?

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,948 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@CerusSerenade: How I am talking about Zack being mach 100 unless you have light speed at mach 100? Are you high by any chance? If I am not mistaking you guys are talking about Cloud being FTL which is BS. NOT Zack whose name I said specifically.

@SpeedForceSpider: We're talking about Gilgamesh.

Post by Theorder14 (207 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I still don't get how Cloud is mach 100. Then he wouldn't need his Fenrir and i believe it could only go 400 km/h

@Theorder14: Having to do with how Cloud dodged lightning magic.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Theorder14:

1. fenrir was never stated to be just 400 km/h

2. bikes are only used for the cinematic effect.

@CerusSerenade: thats an excuse and already debunked. the lightning produced from the magic it is elemental and even the script of the movie confirms that its natural.

you would ignore canon statements only if youre biased

@supernova7005: I'd like to see this "script." The magic was not real lightning, it did not follow the principles of electricity, thus it is not natural lightning.

@supernova7005: then how fast is Fenrir then? and srsly, how is he mach 100?can you show me multiple scans or gameplay showing he can *outrun* lighting and not just a one time feat and some script. It's clearly magic and it didn't even look like lighting. i mean, in FF games, they always have a spell called lighting bolts or something.

if he's really mach 100, he could have easily avoided bullets instead of deflecting them and could've blitzed them with ease. heck, it doesn't even look like he's moving at mach 1 in the ac movie. I see him having lighting speed reaction but i highly doubt he's moving faster than lighting unless he use his omni slash.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Theorder14 said:

@supernova7005: then how fast is Fenrir then? and srsly, how is he mach 100?can you show me multiple scans or gameplay showing he can *outrun* lighting and not just a one time feat and some script. It's clearly magic and it didn't even look like lighting. i mean, in FF games, they always have a spell called lighting bolts or something.

if he's really mach 100, he could have easily avoided bullets instead of deflecting them and could've blitzed them with ease. heck, it doesn't even look like he's moving at mach 1 in the ac movie. I see him having lighting speed reaction but i highly doubt he's moving faster than lighting unless he use his omni slash.

The speed of fenrir is never stated, so better not use that argument. Not to mention, bikes are used only for cinematic effect.

They use magic "to cast" the lightning, but the lightning that is created is natural. The script of the movie says it, its a canon statement, can't be ignored.

Geostigmatised Cloud could bullet time and fight Loz at the same time. At 100% health, he never failed to dodge anything.

Not even mach 1? You do know that AC movie is massively slowed down, don’t you?

- http://ffviinovels.lhyeung.net/ffacinfo/prologuebk/interview.php

If we dropped the concept of “normal” speed in the scenes then things would get very hectic...

I see too much bias on this thread. When someone says gilgamesh is FTL, people don't say anything but if someone says cloud is mach 100 then people get mad...seriously, WTF!

@supernova7005:

lol, it's not like i'm mad, i'm simply not convinced that he's mach 100. ofc They're moving alot faster than average humans but again, doubt it's mach 100

Can u show me where it says it's natural lighting in the script and not just lighting bolt?+ it doesn't even looks like lighting and that's the main reason why i believe it isn't *natural lighting*

srsly, if he rly were mach 100 or mach 50 then he should have avoided these bullets easily. Yet, he's forced to deflect and the bullets r clearly faster than Cloud's speed in this vid(he's nerfed here but the speed differences should not be that huge)

and where would u put kadaj, yazoo and loz in mach speed?

@Theorder14: Thank you for that.

Now as for Gilgamesh's destructive capability...

Please take a look at the 1:47 mark.

Post by Dream (7,626 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@CerusSerenade: Couldn't that be considered gameplay mechanics just as much as the attack animations for Safer Sephiroth would play out in Final Fantasy 7?

All right, I chose to relook at the the mentioned speed feat that supernova had posted since I didn't thoroughly look it over enough. Looks like I didn't factor into the possibility of the immense winds from the maze greatly amplifying the speed of the party from the force of the wind bursts. So I guess I'm reversing my position on this match (again) to say that Gil still Gate of Babylowns as Cloud would still be at a low enough speed where Gil could pick him off through GoB spammage.

Though I'm curious to know why characters within the series are now being labeled at country-level destructive potential and durability in the OBD's wiki.

@Dream: The problem is that when comparing Gilgamesh's final skill to Sephiroth's Supernova is that the consistency and capabilities are different. Supernova is a summon, and like all summons their powers are limited in the plane that they're summoned in. Supernova does pitiful damage to demonstrate this.

Ea on the other hand is a well known anti-planet noble phantasm, and is confirmed to be able to distort space. What is shown by Gilgamesh's final skill (which I'm assuming is a fully charged serious Enuma Elish) is consistent with the information that Ea is a anti-world noble phantasm and oneshots everything it is used against, even bosses and final bosses.

Gameplay mechanics don't affect the fact that Gilgamesh destroyed space and thew galaxies at his enemies (which oneshot every enemy in the game) and the fact that he is capable of this, it just matters where, for an example, it used against someone obviously stronger than him so that he wins. An example would be Kami Tenchi.

The fact of the matter is Supernova is inconsistent as it doesn't destroy the planet, and is only used for cinematic effect. When Gilgamesh uses his final skill the enemy is annihilated with 99999 damage and the death statement confirming that there was no chance of the target surviving.

That really puts Type moon in a higher power bracket considering that even DBZ would be challenged by such strength, and Archetype Earth is still stronger than Gilgamesh.

Post by Dartz (164 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Those aren't galaxies though, they are Force Fields. And Type Moon is around or maybe above DBZ with CCC for now no doubt about it. The playable Servants being FTL and BB and Kiara are way too hax. BB for example created a whole imaginary space that's at least several hundred light years in size and can manipulate matter on an atomic level as well as rewrite cause and effect. And the best thing is that she did all this by borrowing the authority of the Earth Mother (Archetype Earth's authority) or maybe something even lesser since it mentions a Primordial Goddess (Çatalhöyük)) that branched into the other Earth goddesses, and gods are below Types in the hierarchy.

@Dartz: They actually are galaxies. There are multiple stars and a swirling point in the middle.

But in any case, Gilgamesh babyshakes.

Post by Dartz (164 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@CerusSerenade:It's just that his Matrix states they are three big force fields. But yeah, he wins regardless.

Post by VoidShiki (116 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I'm still unsure about the match... and CCC Servants are different from their counterparts as they are different versions summoned, we can't apply stuff from CCC Gil to some other.

@VoidShiki:The OP stated that all fighters are at their peak. This is obviously Gilgamesh at his strongest.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel