dante vs clare

Topic started by othus12 on Jan. 21, 2014. Last post by katanalauncher 5 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by othus12 (6,203 posts) See mini bio Level 12

vs

RULES:

clare cant awaken (not even partially)

anime version for dante

in character

standard equipment

start at 20 meters from each other

STAGE: random forest

Battle theme:

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,710 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I think clare gos down if she cant awaken. Without awakening shes the weakest of her generation.

If she can awaken or if we use current manga clare she rapes anime dante and probably takes the strongest game incarnation as well, although thats debatable.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,318 posts) See mini bio Level 13
i can picture a pretty bad ass fight scene between the two but i'll agree with @hitsusatsu11
Post by Haiken (1,013 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12: is this clare post time skip? if it's post timeskip, i see her winning with irine's hand and flora's ability, she was able to keep up with Mira's move..

Post by LHWKnight (2,613 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Post by Low (1,037 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Clare stomp....

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

How strong is anime Dante?

If its the game version I think he'd win

Post by Low (1,037 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@supernova7005 said:

How strong is anime Dante?

If its the game version I think he'd win

He is fairly strong but lacks speed. Clare tops the department. Game, I don't know.

The game version is pretty fast actually. He was Mach 32+ in base in DMC3 itself, and that's his weakest version.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Since the anime Dante is the same as he was in DMC1 he should casually win. Clare not awakening is even worse for her.

@supernova7005 said:

The game version is pretty fast actually. He was Mach 32+ in base in DMC3 itself, and that's his weakest version.

how did you compute his speed? i don't think dante is double digit mach..

Anyway, clare kept up with Mira who has about double digit mach movespeed.. clare might even be triple digit in attack speed and reaction..

Post by Kobra678 (2,757 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@othus12: Sweet music choice again

@Haiken said:

how did you compute his speed? i don't think dante is double digit mach..

Anyway, clare kept up with Mira who has about double digit mach movespeed.. clare might even be triple digit in attack speed and reaction..

It was based on Dante's sword and body catching fire while he was running down the tower

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-general/devil-may-cry-vs-discussion-thread-how-strong-they-are-reasons-etc-310643/ (the calc is there in the first post, open the spoiler)

@supernova7005: i see that.. Now is it you who did the calculation or someone else? i need to talk to the one who did the computation because he has flaws.. First and foremost is using 100% scientific and mathematical computation to a fiction..

Let's take his example on dante's heat durability for example, Of course if you move at 32-90 mach there is so much friction that a normal human might burst into flames.. But this is fiction, we'll compare it to Kamijou Touma of To aru majutsu no index, he is supposed to be fighting a 3000 degrees centigrade flame that could melt a doorknob without even touching it, yet his clothes never got burned and he himself did not even get any burn (difference of fiction to reality)..

My point is, when computing speed, we should look for the speed that the character commonly use and not the top speed, since there is a possibility of the creator of the game/anime to make it look so fast to make it look cool.. :D Take Tom and Jerry for example..

We could agree that DMC is not 100% scientific based, so the computation is not 100% accurate, Take Terry from Toriko for example, He's atleast 3 digits mach, yet never caught fire..

So the best way to compute mach speed (movement only) is compute the average speed (commonly used speed) and lowest run speed shown, then the difference between the two should be added to the commonly used speed, then that will be his real top speed..

@Haiken: This is the guy who made that calc: http://lounge.moviecodec.com/scripts/userinfo.php?uid=77455. Just create an account on the forum and send him a PM.

Yeah I see that most fictions are not scientific, but in this case the author wanted to show us that Dante was moving so fast that his body catches fire. The main idea behind the scene was to show Dante was moving extremely fast. Its basically the purpose for which the scene was shown.

Clothing damage etc. is only a trope. Even in DBZ for example, we don't see clothes getting destroyed though they are hit with planet busters.

Post by phantomrant (1,273 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Anime Dante should win given that his endurance/regen is good enough to shrug off Clare's conventional sword slashes (without the "Quicksword" techniques) plus stomping on a multi city block demon. If they collide, Dante would win in a huge blast.

Post by Kobra678 (2,757 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Haiken said:

@supernova7005: i see that.. Now is it you who did the calculation or someone else? i need to talk to the one who did the computation because he has flaws.. First and foremost is using 100% scientific and mathematical computation to a fiction..

Let's take his example on dante's heat durability for example, Of course if you move at 32-90 mach there is so much friction that a normal human might burst into flames.. But this is fiction, we'll compare it to Kamijou Touma of To aru majutsu no index, he is supposed to be fighting a 3000 degrees centigrade flame that could melt a doorknob without even touching it, yet his clothes never got burned and he himself did not even get any burn (difference of fiction to reality)..

My point is, when computing speed, we should look for the speed that the character commonly use and not the top speed, since there is a possibility of the creator of the game/anime to make it look so fast to make it look cool.. :D Take Tom and Jerry for example..

We could agree that DMC is not 100% scientific based, so the computation is not 100% accurate, Take Terry from Toriko for example, He's atleast 3 digits mach, yet never caught fire..

So the best way to compute mach speed (movement only) is compute the average speed (commonly used speed) and lowest run speed shown, then the difference between the two should be added to the commonly used speed, then that will be his real top speed..

It's called durability. It shows that he can tank that kind of heat no problem. Also, his clothes aren't exactly normal. He's sat on Burials (fire hell conqueror) tail and absolutely nothing happened.

Post by katanalauncher (397 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@hitsusatsu11: Clare after learning quick sword was already at the strength of a single digit, and current Clare have quicksword on par with Irene along with other techs, without awakening she's still easily a strong number 2 or a mediocre number 1 in terms of strength.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,710 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@katanalauncher: current clare is one of the strongest beings in the manga, no doubt she has power = to a number 1 even without awakening.

I dont remember how far the anime got but base clare post time skip can win without awakening even partially. Even at the time of the battle in the north though I think she would need to partially awaken her legs to match dantes speed, and thus im not sure if she can win in base form.

Post by katanalauncher (397 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@hitsusatsu11 said:

@katanalauncher: current clare is one of the strongest beings in the manga, no doubt she has power = to a number 1 even without awakening.

I dont remember how far the anime got but base clare post time skip can win without awakening even partially. Even at the time of the battle in the north though I think she would need to partially awaken her legs to match dantes speed, and thus im not sure if she can win in base form.

I agree, Dante should be faster than her if we are not using the water slice calc.

But you said she's weakest of the generation which is incorrect, Flora wanted to promote Clare to a leader from her performance against Awakened Beings and Clare didn't show any partial awakening in North at that point, if I remember correctly.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel