Dangai Komamura takes on the Espada gauntlet

Topic started by Kurohige on Jan. 24, 2014. Last post by phantomrant 10 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Dangai( or Human form) Komamura fights each of the Espada 1v1, his time is reset after each fight. Can he beat them all?

VS

Post by LHWKnight (2,805 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Theme will be Ranbu no melody

Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Lol, sure why not?

Post by phantomrant (1,499 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Zommari has the possibility of taking down Komamura through Amor and forcing Komamura to kill himself with his own Bankai or to gut himself over and over and then decapacitate himself. Komamura maybe has some ways to get pass this.

Could win against Baraggan, depending if his immortality extends to agelessness.

R2 Ulquiorra can beat him with a Lanza.

Everyone else gets stomped.

Post by taichokage (15,346 posts) See mini bio Level 20
He couldn't beat Baraggan even if he could resist Respira. The latter still has time dilation. He would never land a hit. But I think Komamura could beat 9 - 5 and maybe 3. Ulquiorra and Starrk could merely outpace Komamura until the Dangai Joue wears off. Even if Komamura could keep up, I doubt he is strong enough to take out Starrk especially within the time limit. Yammy is iffy. He lost to both Byakuya and Zaraki, but they were badly bloodied afterwards. Yammy is 50/50. It seems though that Komamura is strong enough to beat the majority. Giving him the benefit of the doubt against Yammy I think he could beat 7/10, Starrk, Baraggan and Ulquiorra being the exceptions.
Post by katanalauncher (554 posts) See mini bio Level 6

He should clear, he will have the most trouble Starrk since Starrk appears to be the only Espada that's not an idiot, and can use his advantage in speed to avoid Komamura strike, until his timer runs out.

@taichokage said:

He couldn't beat Baraggan even if he could resist Respira. The latter still has time dilation. He would never land a hit.

It's time dilation, not a time stop. The difference is that one would make it so that an attack would never hit, and the other one (the dilation) merely makes it take extra time for it to be able to hit him. Given Dangai Joue's blade size/power, Baraggan is more or less a stuck shmuck. The moment that blade stops just a few inches away from him, all Baraggan is doing is extending his lifespan (probably no more than 5 seconds though). Moving away would simply remove the blade from the influence of his TDF, but that would simply cause the blade to keep on moving and eventually it'll once again be under the influence of the TDF, and once again near closer and closer to Barry's skull until the blade actually touches him.

@taichokage said:

Ulquiorra and Starrk could merely outpace Komamura until the Dangai Joue wears off. Even if Komamura could keep up, I doubt he is strong enough to take out Starrk especially within the time limit.

Unlikely, given Komamura's speed at that time. We're looking at someone who was not only able to cross kilometers of distance across Seireitei within a short time period, but also someone who could outrun Bamby's reishi bombs (same bombs that blitzed Shinji who has one of the most impressive reaction feats in the series: semi-dodging a sneak attack from Tousen right after he noticed that the blade was RIGHT ON his forehead. Not to mention reacting to Aizen's back thrust and Hollow Mashiro that kept up with a bloodlusted senior captain-blitzing Wonderweiss). Komamura at that time was at least as fast as any of the Espada. Dangai Joue more or less replicates Komamura's movement to the same degree. It's also shown to be big enough to intercept people who are trying to move away from him (as in the case of Bambietta). Besides, it's not like Starkk or Ulquiorra have the stamina feats to keep on evading something as powerful as Dangai Joue. They'll be worn down relatively quickly.

@taichokage said:

Yammy is iffy. He lost to both Byakuya and Zaraki, but they were badly bloodied afterwards. Yammy is 50/50. It seems though that Komamura is strong enough to beat the majority. Giving him the benefit of the doubt against

Mhm..... Yammy is indeed iffy. Imo, he is indeed the strongest Espada because of his potential power. At some point, Yammy will grow strong enough from anger that he can smother out Dangai Joue, although that'll probably take some time. If we look at the legs of a near-dead Yammy after he got beated by Kenpachi and Byakuya, we can guess that he went through another anger evolution in addition to his second transformation. And overall, it took a Zenkai-empowered Kenpachi (who possibly took off his patch - idk the manga scan doesn't really clarify it) and Bankai Byakuya (who may or may not have had his arm and leg healed by Isane) more than one hour to put him down. Feat-wise, that's pretty much the only thing that can justify him being the strongest Espada, in addition to statements, hype, and databook confirmation.

Post by Justice (767 posts) See mini bio Level 11

He clears, speed should not be a problem since that thing covers distance like crazy as shown against Bambietta who should be> any of the Espada in terms of speed. Barragans's speed<<Masked Tousen's<Komamura's reflexes.

Are you saying Komamura can outpace Soifon? Or even more than her the speed of an explosion? Because Jahuko Raikoben didn't do a thing. If that can't hit Baraggan, neither will Kokujo Tengen Myouou.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,235 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@phantomrant said:

@taichokage said:

He couldn't beat Baraggan even if he could resist Respira. The latter still has time dilation. He would never land a hit.

It's time dilation, not a time stop. The difference is that one would make it so that an attack would never hit, and the other one (the dilation) merely makes it take extra time for it to be able to hit him. Given Dangai Joue's blade size/power, Baraggan is more or less a stuck shmuck. The moment that blade stops just a few inches away from him, all Baraggan is doing is extending his lifespan (probably no more than 5 seconds though). Moving away would simply remove the blade from the influence of his TDF, but that would simply cause the blade to keep on moving and eventually it'll once again be under the influence of the TDF, and once again near closer and closer to Barry's skull until the blade actually touches him.

@taichokage said:

Ulquiorra and Starrk could merely outpace Komamura until the Dangai Joue wears off. Even if Komamura could keep up, I doubt he is strong enough to take out Starrk especially within the time limit.

Unlikely, given Komamura's speed at that time. We're looking at someone who was not only able to cross kilometers of distance across Seireitei within a short time period, but also someone who could outrun Bamby's reishi bombs (same bombs that blitzed Shinji who has one of the most impressive reaction feats in the series: semi-dodging a sneak attack from Tousen right after he noticed that the blade was RIGHT ON his forehead. Not to mention reacting to Aizen's back thrust and Hollow Mashiro that kept up with a bloodlusted senior captain-blitzing Wonderweiss). Komamura at that time was at least as fast as any of the Espada. Dangai Joue more or less replicates Komamura's movement to the same degree. It's also shown to be big enough to intercept people who are trying to move away from him (as in the case of Bambietta). Besides, it's not like Starkk or Ulquiorra have the stamina feats to keep on evading something as powerful as Dangai Joue. They'll be worn down relatively quickly.

@taichokage said:

Yammy is iffy. He lost to both Byakuya and Zaraki, but they were badly bloodied afterwards. Yammy is 50/50. It seems though that Komamura is strong enough to beat the majority. Giving him the benefit of the doubt against

Mhm..... Yammy is indeed iffy. Imo, he is indeed the strongest Espada because of his potential power. At some point, Yammy will grow strong enough from anger that he can smother out Dangai Joue, although that'll probably take some time. If we look at the legs of a near-dead Yammy after he got beated by Kenpachi and Byakuya, we can guess that he went through another anger evolution in addition to his second transformation. And overall, it took a Zenkai-empowered Kenpachi (who possibly took off his patch - idk the manga scan doesn't really clarify it) and Bankai Byakuya (who may or may not have had his arm and leg healed by Isane) more than one hour to put him down. Feat-wise, that's pretty much the only thing that can justify him being the strongest Espada, in addition to statements, hype, and databook confirmation.

You can't be serious, Yammy is a joke. Stark, Barragan and Ulquiorra are all stronger than him. Kenpachi stated that he was a pushover after their fight, sure he had Byakuya but any one of the other espada I mentioned could have at least have given the two of them a good fight (probably would have won).

And wait, you're not saying that Kommamura, before his human/dangai form, was as fast as Stark? Honestly I find it pretty tough to believe.

As for the gauntlet, if Barragan's respira doesn't work on Kommamura, then I say he might just clear it.

Post by GeneralVan (2,358 posts) See mini bio Level 11
He can beat Zommari before Amor. He loses to Barry and the Ulqster. Also Starrk is a bad match for him.
Agreed.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

You can't be serious, Yammy is a joke. Stark, Barragan and Ulquiorra are all stronger than him. Kenpachi stated that he was a pushover after their fight

More.like.you.not.listen.ing.to.me.

Kenpachi saying he was a pushover is only an exemplar for his strength after the Nnoitra-boost, not a reason why Yammy is so fucking weak. Note that I said that Yammy is the strongest Espada because of his potential power . There's a reason why even Aizen saw Yammy as above Starkk and Baraggan. The Mask fight helps illustrate very well against how potential power-ups can severely change the tide of a battle. Furthermore, both of them were stated to be "horribly wounded". It was only their endurance that allowed them to shrug it off casually. Moreover, there is the likelihood that Yammy's dog went within range of their fight, and as the dog is most likely there to calm his anger down, Yammy was subsequently defeated because he momentarily lost all of his resolve.

or even if he wasn't, it only means that Kenpachi was simply stronger and he had Byakuya's Bankai to help him. Ever notice how Starkk and Yammy were the only ones to take on multiple captains? Not to mention that his fight lasted much longer than all of the espada fights combined.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

but any one of the other espada I mentioned could have at least have given the two of them a good fight (probably would have won).

This is irrelevant. I'm arguing who's the stronger Espada, not "who beats who" in a battle. You'll find that the two have very little correlation with each other. Figuring out who's stronger is simply comparing stats without actually pitting characters against each other. Determining who wins in a battle is an ability match-up, and we know that some abilities work much better against others.

And wait, you're not saying that Kommamura, before his human/dangai form, was as fast as Stark? Honestly I find it pretty tough to believe.

I'm on the same page as you Giru. I surely hope I didn't say that.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel