Dangai ichigo vs Monkey D. Garp

Topic started by othus12 on Dec. 13, 2013. Last post by OfficialRikudouSennin 11 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by othus12 (7,713 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

vs

in character

no prep

fight here

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,423 posts) See mini bio Level 14

It could go either way, if Garp just rushes in and punches his face off then it's over, if Ichigo resorts to a FGT then he'll knock Garp out at least....

But let's remember, we havent seen Garps full potential, but it's safe to say his Haki puts his durability well above Island level since it was able to take Chinjao's headbutt head on and win, and masters like Garp can envelop their entire bodies with Haki.

Post by LHWKnight (2,791 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Jinbeifan1: one piece is insane

Post by ALMIGHTY (469 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Garp wins with low difficulty

Post by taichokage (14,823 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Ichigo wins with effort. Garp's strikes are enough to harm Ichigo with even 1 punch, but I'm still convinced the latter is stronger if you factor the mountain vaping and/or Kurohitsugi feat.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

If its Prime Garp, Ichigo will have a lot of difficulty before winning.

Old Garp would lose without a doubt.

Post by luthluth (1,508 posts) See mini bio Level 11
This could go either way, one strike from Ichigo can kill Garp and a serious punch from Garp can knock out Ichigo. 
Post by Low (1,381 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@luthluth said:

This could go either way, one strike from Ichigo can kill Garp and a serious punch from Garp can knock out Ichigo.

Seriously? Garp took a headbutt that was enough to shatter the unique ice of the ice continent. This is an ice that negates any manner of force applied to it. A hit from Ichigo, if its not Mugetsu or Vasto Lorde is not doing anything to Garp.

Post by luthluth (1,508 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Low: That was very impressive but I don't think Garp has continent level durability but hes fists can negate the force. A hit from ichigo would still shred him apart and Mugetsu dosent split it vaporizes with intense retsu.  Ichigos casual swings are potent enough to seriously harm Garp you cant say it has absolutely effect when he has shed blood from much lesser damage like Luffy and Dadan. Garp can counter massive blunt force damage but not massive piercing damage.  

@luthluth said:

@Low: That was very impressive but I don't think Garp has continent level durability but hes fists can negate the force. A hit from ichigo would still shred him apart and Mugetsu dosent split it vaporizes with intense retsu. Ichigos casual swings are potent enough to seriously harm Garp you cant say it has absolutely effect when he has shed blood from much lesser damage like Luffy and Dadan. Garp can counter massive blunt force damage but not massive piercing damage.

You know, its amusing when people take Dadan and Luffy as examples that Ichigo can harm Garp. That is not the case

- This is prime Garp in the picture

- Against Luffy, Garp was being emotional and loofy. He had every bit of reaction speed and defensive stats to block, evade or the choice of hitting Luffys in Gear Second and knock him down. Images of Ace and Luffy didnt show for no reason. Even Sengoku was shocked when Luffy managed to hit Garp. The horrible state Garp was being in is signified by the fact that when Sengoku pinned Garp down, he said he will go and kill Akainu. Now tell me? Is that Senile, saying such things when not just Marine admirals, but the schichibukai were also there. A place where even Whitebeard failed, do you really think Garp could have held his own? No. He was not thinking straight at all in that arc.

- Garp let Dadan hit him. There is no argument that can be made by using this as an example. It was his self imposed punishment.

- Garp did not use his Armament Haki on both instances.

Online Now

indeed. most of garp's durability comes from his downright ridiculous busoshoku haki.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,058 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Ichigo with difficulty.

@othus12 said:

indeed. most of garp's durability comes from his downright ridiculous busoshoku haki.

That much is certain. Because Garp did not just sustain the force that shattered the ice continent, Garp countered the force, with strength + durability that otherwise exceeded the force by almost double, to the point it flattened Chinjaos head.

Post by taichokage (14,823 posts) See mini bio Level 20
While impressive, does that exceed crushing a gravity well strong enough to warp space/time? I don't think so.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Prime Garp may have slightly higher DC, but Ichigo has the advantage of flight.

Which is why I see Ichigo taking it with difficulty

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,212 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@supernova7005: I'm pretty sure Garp has Geppo

@taichokage said:

While impressive, does that exceed crushing a gravity well strong enough to warp space/time? I don't think so.

Not really. Monster Bleach guys has displayed this kind of reality breaking effects.

Kenpachi broke through Tousens Bankai simply from his eye patch release. Kenpachi broke through the white light extinction move by Maki by releasing his reitsu. Thats what guys with monster reitsu are capable of. Ichigo broke through the barrier with a Getsuga Tenshou. Neither of them has achieved a similar effect against an opponent, to the point of annihilating them, not as far as I know.

What I mean to say is, the level of techniques have never been observed against a physical opponent, it has been shown against energy based constructs and sealing techniques though.

Online Now

@taichokage said:

there is nothing that suggests kurohitsugi had that much power. if that were the case dangai ichigo would be around zebura's level or even above.

Post by phantomrant (1,451 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Dangai Ichigo broke Kurohitsuji before it fully formed.

Furthermore, the space-time distortion was a purely magical effect of the Kido technique, and has no correlation with power (meaning you can't compare the effect that gravity had to Ichigo's actual power level). We see Grimmjow firing a Gran Ray Cero that also distorted space - but that was a magical-aspect of the technique, not power-derived. Attacks that are leagues stronger than Grimmjow's GRC, such as Cero Oscuras, Starkk's wolves, Ennetsu Jigoku were not able to produce the same distortion effect.

Post by OfficialRikudouSennin (704 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Garp wins this match defense and power is off the scale for ichigo

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel