Cyclops (Scott Summers) vs. Monkey D. Luffy

Topic started by StargunZX on June 23, 2011. Last post by TheManipulater 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,734 posts) See mini bio Level 20
What an odd matchup
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Can't Luffy just blitz the hell out of Summers before he pulls off the visor to nuke him?
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,225 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@hitsusatsu11: pretty much
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Hellos said:
Can't Luffy just blitz the hell out of Summers before he pulls off the visor to nuke him?
Yes, that would be the most likely scenario. If he doesn't though, Luffy is gone. 
Post by Zearth (218 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Well even though cyclop eye beams have more than enought power and speed to kill luffy, his reactions are just peak human, so Luffy would be able to hit him before he is able to fire his eye beams.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I remember classic cyclop's beams were light speed, I have the scan somewhere but that isn't really valid due to the date lol, but I give this to Luffy.
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I see no reason why Luffy doesn't murk the hell out of Cyclops
Post by taichokage (12,697 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Kurohige said:
I remember classic cyclop's beams were light speed, I have the scan somewhere but that isn't really valid due to the date lol, but I give this to Luffy.
Classic Cylops's beams were dodged by Classic Quicksilver who at the time could only move slightly in excess of 180 mph. That doesn't sound like light speed to me.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Hellos said:
If you think Luffy wins then i gotta take your word for it
@Haofan123 said:
@Hellos said:
If you think Luffy wins then i gotta take your word for it
Lol, I agree.
Post by MisterShin (2,124 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Yup, Luffy should be able to strike Summers, before He can fire Optic beam. 

Jet Pistol, SNM (Say No More)
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,192 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

So what happen if Scott already have his visor off before the fight? If his moral are off that means he wouldn't care, to put his visor on in the first place LOL!

But I do agree with you

@taichokage:  

Well for one Quicksilver is much faster than that in recent issues considering he dodged Thor's lightning pretty easily and even said he has been outrunning lightning, at the very least he is super sonic or so

. Also like I said he they WERE lightspeed in the old comics, it was a bad sci fi moment:
  Still, I'm pretty sure Luffy wins easily as people like Bullseye were easily dodging modern Cyclops' blast                     
  Still, I'm pretty sure Luffy wins easily as people like Bullseye were easily dodging modern Cyclops' blast                     
@Kurohige said:
@taichokage:  

Well for one Quicksilver is much faster than that in recent issues considering he dodged Thor's lightning pretty easily and even said he has been outrunning lightning, at the very least he is super sonic or so

. Also like I said he they WERE lightspeed in the old comics, it was a bad sci fi moment:
Great post. It seems that bad writing is consistent with Cyclops. There's no way that peak humans or even most super humans should be able to dodge his blasts if they are indeed light speed.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
this is spite.
@SilverGalford
In favor of who?
Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Kurohige said:
@SilverGalford: In favor of who?
Luffy.

Scott's optic blasts have the power to kill him if he went all out from the get-go and didn't have his visor on, but since he does, Luffy would punch his head off before anything of the sort could happen.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Destinyheroknight
said:

@Hellos:

So what happen if Scott already have his visor off before the fight? If his moral are off that means he wouldn't care, to put his visor on in the first place LOL!

But I do agree with you

Then all he would have to do is open his eyes, but there is nothing in the OP that I read a day or so ago that would make me think this is remotely the case. 
Plus it would be hard to call him Cyclops without the visor on wouldn't it?
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@all_starsupes said:
@taichokage: Who said Cykes has ever cracked a planet?? I merely said he hit Juggs with enough power to.
Do you even look at what you write down?
Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@TheManipulater: Is there something incorrect with what i've written?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel