Cyclops (Scott Summers) vs. Monkey D. Luffy

Topic started by StargunZX on June 23, 2011. Last post by TheManipulater 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by StargunZX (476 posts) See mini bio Level 10
-Morals off
-Bloodlust on
-Fight to death or K.O
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
How fast are his beams? According to the obd his beams are mountain level+ in destructive power, so if one of them hits Luffy hes f*cked, However, If luffy can avoid the beams he may be able to win, but if not, Scott destroys Luffy
Post by UnHoLy_CruSadE (294 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Haofan123 said:
How fast are his beams? According to the obd his beams are mountain level+ in destructive power, so if one of them hits Luffy hes f*cked, However, If luffy can avoid the beams he may be able to win, but if not, Scott destroys Luffy
Luffy's much faster that Scott in terms of speed, but in overall destructive capabilities, the Cyclops will devastate. I don't see Luffy winning this without a struggle, but one well landed punch will finish the job for him. Btw, how fast do the blasts travel?
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Cyclops can win. Since morals are off and bloodlust is on, then Scott can really win. But so can Luffy. During a fight with the Juggernaut, he hit him with optic beams he claimed could split a small planet in half. This could just be hyperbole but nonetheless it makes a clear statement about his power. Cyclops will be able to fire these beams at Luffy all day since the extra-dimensional supply of energy for Scott's beams is practically infinite. Since he's bloodlusted and morals are off, Scott would simply remove his visor so that his power isn't restrained. Blasting Luffy with multiple mountain busting optic blasts will do the pirate in. Luffy can get vaporized here. But he's also much faster, stronger and more durable than Cyclops.  

ND
@Newdeath said:

Cyclops can win. Since morals are off and bloodlust is on, then Scott can really win. But so can Luffy. During a fight with the Juggernaut, he hit him with optic beams he claimed could split a small planet in half. This could just be hyperbole but nonetheless it makes a clear statement about his power. Cyclops will be able to fire these beams at Luffy all day since the extra-dimensional supply of energy for Scott's beams is practically infinite. Since he's bloodlusted and morals are off, Scott would simply remove his visor so that his power isn't restrained. Blasting Luffy with multiple mountain busting optic blasts will do the pirate in. Luffy can get vaporized here. But he's also much faster, stronger and more durable than Cyclops.   ND

how fast are cyclopses beams?
@Newdeath said:
Cyclops can win. Since morals are off and bloodlust is on, then Scott can really win. But so can Luffy. During a fight with the Juggernaut, he hit him with optic beams he claimed could split a small planet in half. This could just be hyperbole but nonetheless it makes a clear statement about his power. Cyclops will be able to fire these beams at Luffy all day since the extra-dimensional supply of energy for Scott's beams is practically infinite. Since he's bloodlusted and morals are off, Scott would simply remove his visor so that his power isn't restrained. Blasting Luffy with multiple mountain busting optic blasts will do the pirate in. Luffy can get vaporized here. But he's also much faster, stronger and more durable than Cyclops.   ND
Hence why Luffy would literally have a fight of his life. It could be over in a matter of seconds for ye ole straw-hat, but if Luffy can get just 'One Punch' in on Cyclops, it's over noh?
@Haofan123: I'm not sure. But he was once able to tag Northstar with his optic blasts, and Northstar can theoretically reach 99% of the speed of light by channeling the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction.  

ND
@UnHoLy_CruSadE: Sure. Both of them can win just with one hit. It can go either way. Luffy is very fast but so are Cyclops' optic blasts. 

ND
@Newdeath said:
@Haofan123: I'm not sure. But he was once able to tag Northstar with his optic blasts, and Northstar can theoretically reach 99% of the speed of light by channeling the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction.   ND
so his beams should theoretically slose to the speed of light then? yeah, he stomps in that case. I did see a scan where wolverine and captain america were reacting and dodging his blasts but those were probably PIS
@Haofan123: It probably was PIS because I've seen him tag much faster opponents with those optic blasts. 

ND
@Newdeath said:

@Haofan123: It probably was PIS because I've seen him tag much faster opponents with those optic blasts.  ND

probably. Ok then, so cyclopses beams are probably faster and more powerful than anything Luffy has faced before. I think he would win

would Luffy stand a chance even if morals were on?
@Haofan123: I think he should win. Even Quicksilver barely managed to dodge Cyclops' optic beams and he was hit many times by them as well.

ND
In my pov it's not the speed that counts in what ND said about Cyclops hitting Northstar... it was calculation and timing. Still however... probabilities: 70% - 30% in Cyclops favor.
Post by taichokage (14,840 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Luffy wins. Cyclops's beams have been dodged by the likes of Quicksilver, Toad, Wolverine, Spiderman etc. all of whom are notable slower than Luffy (except Quiksilver.) Plus he has haki which warns him in advance and he has dodged beams before. One strike from Luffy and it's all over for Scott. I'd say the same in reverse as well. One full power shot from Cyclops could put Luffy down imo, but the problem is he wouldn't get the chance. Luffy is even capable of speed blitzing him.
Post by All_StarSupes (781 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Cyclops once hit Juggs with enough power to crack a small planet, so I would think he wins. Plus his blasts are more than fast enough to tag Luffy
@taichokage said:
Luffy wins. Cyclops's beams have been dodged by the likes of Quicksilver, Toad, Wolverine, Spiderman etc. all of whom are notable slower than Luffy (except Quiksilver.) Plus he has haki which warns him in advance and he has dodged beams before. One strike from Luffy and it's all over for Scott. I'd say the same in reverse as well. One full power shot from Cyclops could put Luffy down imo, but the problem is he wouldn't get the chance. Luffy is even capable of speed blitzing him.
I think Cyclops can release an optic blast less than a second. Can Luffy blitz him in that short time? If Luffy were to use precog to dodge, Cyclops would just fire again, and again. How long will Luffy be able to dodge until Cyclops finally  decides to just unleash one devastating Optic Blast? Not like anything Luffy can throw at Scott will actually -stop- the blast unless he was in Gear 2nd or 3rd. My question is, can Luffy dodge the blasts and manage to throw in a one-shotter at Cyclops at the same time before being hit? Gonna be a tough call.
Post by taichokage (14,840 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@all_starsupes said:
Cyclops once hit Juggs with enough power to crack a small planet, so I would think he wins. Plus his blasts are more than fast enough to tag Luffy
Since when has Cylops cracked a small planet? I heard he said that he could but has he? Or has he at least done anything close to this to suggest that he could? He hasn't even city busted yet. But regardless, Luffy could still dodge his beams. Luffy has precognition like spider sense but better and he has used this to dodge beams before.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,426 posts) See mini bio Level 14

plz, cyclops has to land the blast to win the fight, and since luffy is much faster and has haki, he could easily avoid it and just get one haki embued jet pistol game over
Post by All_StarSupes (781 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@taichokage: Who said Cykes has ever cracked a planet?? I merely said he hit Juggs with enough power to.
Post by YouFinished (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@taichokage said:
agreed.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel