Current Kages vs Past Kages

Topic started by PunkMastaFlex on Feb. 15, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Conditions

Distance: 30 meters.

Knowledge: Cannon

State of Mind: In character

Tsunade, Mei, Gaara, Onoki, and A

vs

Which generation wins?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,170 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@PunkMastaFlex: Lol, I seem to remember making a battle very similar to this a while back (though with one or two dfferent characters).

My only question is, which version of Sarutobi is being used here?

If it's Sarutobi at his prime, then the older kage win easily; he would be enough to beat any of the newer kages. The 2nd mizukage could beat the current one IMO, the 3rd raikage was stated to have been the strongest one and Muu can do anything that Onoki can and more (he was giving him a lot of trouble in their fight). Gaara could beat his father, but not fast enough to give the others a hand; by that point Sarutobi will have happily disposed of Tsunade.

If it's old Sarutobi (the one who fought Orochimaru), then it will be a close fight, but I still see team 2 winning.

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The old Kages curbstomp with the addition of Sarutobi.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The Old Kages wins, the Raikage alone is a monster...

Post by ohgodwhy (1,534 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'd have to give this to the old kage. Sarutobi alone took on the Shodaime and Nidaime hokage with Orochimaru and effectively won, had the old hokages not been immortal. Even so he still claimed a victory of sorts with his Edo tensei technique. I feel quite confident in saying that he could take on at least Tsunade and another kage by himself. All the other kage were also shown to be just as powerful, if not more powerful than their current counterparts with the exception of Gaara and his dad as stated above.

Post by taichokage (13,026 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The old kage would win, but mostly due to Sarutobi as he has taken on and beaten legendary kage simultaneously (albeit at the cost of his own life). But really, the battle seemed way toned down to what it should have been, but the fact that Hashirama beat the two strongest characters shown in the series (Madara and Kurama) simultaneously but still lost to Sarutobi is beyond impressive.
Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@GIRUGAMESH:

It's old man Saratobi. As for Sandaime Raikage, he may be the strongest one, but A is the fastest one. The Onoki + A speedblitz combo could be quite effective here against Sandaime Raikage.

@taichokage said:

The old kage would win, but mostly due to Sarutobi as he has taken on and beaten legendary kage simultaneously (albeit at the cost of his own life). But really, the battle seemed way toned down to what it should have been, but the fact that Hashirama beat the two strongest characters shown in the series (Madara and Kurama) simultaneously but still lost to Sarutobi is beyond impressive.

Not really. Madara controls the Fox due to his eyes, which takes over the Foxes mind whereas Mokuton completely controls a Bijuus' body, turning the Fox into a no mans land. Hashirama defeated an EMS Madara under his own power, Kurama was a non-factor in the battle and even then, Madara lost for a purpose, to obtain a portion of Hashirama.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,170 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@PunkMastaFlex: Ah that's good, that makes this a far more interesting fight. Also I know that A is the fastest, but I doubt that the difference between him and the 3rd is that great (the 3rd was still capable of dodging an attack from kyuubi mode Naruto). Old Sandaime is still a strong kage is his own right (stronger than Danzo IMO), I think he could tilt it in their favour.

Although Tsunade being able to heal them could actually sway it for the newer generation of kage, plus Gaara (once he's finished dealing with his old man) could become a big problem for the older generation, simply because his attacks have such a wide range. It could go either way, and it would definitely be close.

For the record though, I still say that the older generation wins (though not all of them will be making it out alive). The only way I think that the current generation would win would be if they were able to have it so that they had the best possible matchups, which I think would be as follows:

Gaara vs Kazekage (he's proven to be stronger, plus he can stop the ranged capabilities of his dad).

Mei vs Muu (Mei's mid-ranged approach should be useful for keeping Muu at bay until the others are done).

Onoki vs 3rd Raikage (his durability will count for nothing against his particle style jutsu).

A vs 2nd Mizukage (A is the only one who is fast enough to avoid jokey boy without too much difficulty).

Tsunade vs Sarutobi (Sarutobi will have the upper hand, but aside from the reaper death seal, I don't think that he has anything that she couldn't heal herself from, so she could hold him off until the others are done).

@taichokage: God dammit, I thought we'd been over this, it is NOT the case that Hashirama>Kurama and Madara; at most Hashirama>Madara.

Post by One_Piece_God (543 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Why is everyone factoring in Sarutobi Vs 1st & 2nd Hokages??

Orochimaru's Edo Tensei was not complete & no where near as powerful as Kabuto's lol

The old guys would win though mainly because of the 3rd Raikage & 2nd Mizukage.

@One_Piece_God: Where exactly was it stated that Kabuto's ressurections were more powerful than Orochimaru's? I know that Kabuto had a greater control over the technique, could exert more influence on his ressurections and physically alter them so they were stronger than they were in the past, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't stated that all of Kabuto's ressurections were more powerful than Orochimaru's.

If anything I would say that by giving Kabuto the same technique as Orochimaru, the author has finally shown that the Shodaime and Nidaime were almost/ were at full power during their fight with Sarutobi, if not more powerful given their near infinite stamina and inability to die. I was hoping that this whole matter of them being weaker versions of themselves would have finally been put to rest.

Edit: This also shows that Sarutobi was indeed a beast. Even if they were at somehow 75% strength he is still a beast, I'd like to see Tsunade do as well as he did lol.

Post by One_Piece_God (543 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ohgodwhy:

Sorry my mistake Orochimaru perfected the jutsu & as you said Kabuto has far more control over the ability as he is able to control numorous souls with it.

But i still think that battle didnt prove anything to me.

If orcochimaru did what kabuto did to various people when that individual started fighting seriously like the 3rd raikage, then i would accept that Sarutobi is stronger.

@One_Piece_God: Fair enough, we can't really prove most of this anyway it's all just speculation at the end of the day lol

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel