Comics Vs Anime; READ OP

Topic started by DJSNuva1 on Oct. 4, 2009. Last post by xZerOx 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11

All comic books, manga, anime, in an all out battle of LITERARY VALUE 

So, which is written better?    
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
so which one do you want to keep there's two thread....
@cfatalis said:
"so which one do you want to keep there's two thread.... "

bah lets keep the off topic one.... whups
but i am warning you as a fellow user, this thing will never be resolved
Post by ReiKai (3,511 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Berserk. You could compile everything that DC has ever written and it still wouldn't compare to the sheer epicness that is Berserk.

@ReiKai said:
"Berserk. You could compile everything that DC has ever written and it still wouldn't compare to the sheer epicness that is Berserk.

"
Has TIme Magazine ever said that berserk is one of the best series ever? Didn't think so, unlike The Watchmen.
and didn't we throw this one out and keep the one on off topic
@cfatalis said:
"and didn't we throw this one out and keep the one on off topic "

Yea, let's lock it, but i really wanted to argue with ReiKai
Time Magazine is garbage and you can't trust any of that garbage. Unless you've read Berserk you have no right to say something is better than it. It's a masterpiece and the only reason why most can't show it is because of the extreme level of violence, gore, nudity and sexual situations. It's not a kids Manga. It's "You'd better be 18+" Adult Manga.
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
"and didn't we throw this one out and keep the one on off topic "
Yea, let's lock it, but i really wanted to argue with ReiKai "
after i posted my wall of text there....... no less

yeah go ahead, reikai's is like you archnemesis or something
@ReiKai said:
"Time Magazine is garbage and you can't trust any of that garbage. Unless you've read Berserk you have no right to say something is better than it. It's a masterpiece and the only reason why most can't show it is because of the extreme level of violence, gore, nudity and sexual situations. It's not a kids Manga. It's "You'd better be 18+" Adult Manga. "

Time Magazine is professional. There are things much worse that have been reviewed in Time Magazine, so you saying that the reason it hasn't been professionally reveiwed because of it's content is bull****.  Who wrote/writes Berserk? A bestselling author? Didn't think so, unlike DC's Identity Crisis.
DC has so many crisises' it's absurd. They haven't written anything worthwhile in years. Berserk is created by Kentaro Miura. TM has DC fan writers so nothing they say is correct. More people saying "We love DC" doesn't mean jack about its literary value. Even the Berserk anime only gives you a faint glimpse, and that doesn't remotely compare to the level of material shown in the manga. And at the least, Berserk had a PS2 game that didn't suck like...most of DC's video game titles.
@ReiKai said:
"DC has so many crisises' it's absurd. They haven't written anything worthwhile in years. Berserk is created by Kentaro Miura. TM has DC fan writers so nothing they say is correct. More people saying "We love DC" doesn't mean jack about its literary value. Even the Berserk anime only gives you a faint glimpse, and that doesn't remotely compare to the level of material shown in the manga. And at the least, Berserk had a PS2 game that didn't suck like...most of DC's video game titles. "

We're talking about literary value here, not video games... Though I must admit most DC video game titles suck, though it's off topic. Brad Meltzer is a best selling writer of a real book, not a manga/comics award Has Kentaro Miura got an award for writing a real book? Didn't think so. Hey, we're closing this thread, post on this same thing in Off-Topic forums
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @ReiKai said:
"DC has so many crisises' it's absurd. They haven't written anything worthwhile in years. Berserk is created by Kentaro Miura. TM has DC fan writers so nothing they say is correct. More people saying "We love DC" doesn't mean jack about its literary value. Even the Berserk anime only gives you a faint glimpse, and that doesn't remotely compare to the level of material shown in the manga. And at the least, Berserk had a PS2 game that didn't suck like...most of DC's video game titles. "
We're talking about literary value here, not video games... Though I must admit most DC video game titles suck, though it's off topic. Brad Meltzer is a best selling writer of a real book, not a manga/comics award Has Kentaro Miura got an award for writing a real book? Didn't think so. Hey, we're closing this thread, post on this same thing in Off-Topic forums "
i know this thread is getting locked but i want to throw my .02 $ in. what is it exactly  that makes manga/comics any less real then a novel djs?
@rein:
More words, plus it looks good on a resume. Also, it's like saying "what's the difference between being in time magazine's greatest graphic novels of all-time, and the Shonen award?" Time Magazine is professional, and it covers all things, not just manga
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @rein: More words, plus it looks good on a resume. Also, it's like saying "what's the difference between being in time magazine's greatest graphic novels of all-time, and the Shonen award?" Time Magazine is professional, and it covers all things, not just manga "
how to say this you can say time magazine award is better than shonen award, since they are both aimed at different things, shonen award is for manga writers in shonen magazine, and if you are a manga writer earning this or  shogakukan award will look extremely nice on their resume
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @rein: More words, plus it looks good on a resume. Also, it's like saying "what's the difference between being in time magazine's greatest graphic novels of all-time, and the Shonen award?" Time Magazine is professional, and it covers all things, not just manga "
i never said that the shonen award was greater then time magazine, as for novels having more words, the quantity of words found in a book versus a novel doesn't imply it has the same quality as the few words that are found in manga or comics. pictures were the earliest form of storytelling, and sometimes help to convey a message or idea, far better then any words can. does that mean that i find comics to be a greater media outlet then an actual book? no far from it, they are simply differint ways of conveying the underlining themes and ideas
@cfatalis said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
how to say this you can say time magazine award is better than shonen award, since they are both aimed at different things, shonen award is for manga writers in shonen magazine, and if you are a manga writer earning this or  shogakukan award will look extremely nice on their resume "

Yea, Time Magazine has a much larger range, and The Watchmen STILL got picked. Do you know how many animes/Mangas are reviewed in Time Mag? None. Let's talk about films too. The Dark Knight is better than any live-action, or even animated anime films. 
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
how to say this you can say time magazine award is better than shonen award, since they are both aimed at different things, shonen award is for manga writers in shonen magazine, and if you are a manga writer earning this or  shogakukan award will look extremely nice on their resume "
Yea, Time Magazine has a much larger range, and The Watchmen STILL got picked. Do you know how many animes/Mangas are reviewed in Time Mag? None. Let's talk about films too. The Dark Knight is better than any live-action, or even animated anime films.  "
yes of course, but really is manga that popular outside of japan?, i mean watchmen never wind any award in japan, fims are you talking about as in movie or anime in general?
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
Yea, Time Magazine has a much larger range, and The Watchmen STILL got picked. Do you know how many animes/Mangas are reviewed in Time Mag? None. Let's talk about films too. The Dark Knight is better than any live-action, or even animated anime films.  "
Time magazine does not review manga, so how is that a fair argument as to why comics are better? as for films, The Dark knight was a phenomenal film, however that doesn't imply that all live action movies are better then animated films, dare i dig up the recent superman movie?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel