COME ON ZORO, DONT BE SANJI!

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Oct. 24, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,426 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Now let me start off with this: I do not condone or support violence towards women, and respect them fully... now that I'm done saying that... COME ON! i always expected Zoro to not care about whether his enemy was male or female, due to his past I figured he'd take on either. HOW DARE HE!!! if your wondering what I mean, I'm talking about the fact that he should be respecting Kuina's memory, and not feel obligated to hold back against a woman. He thought that a woman could be just as strong as a man once, but now he shows great restraint against one, even though she has nearly killed two of his friends already! Maybe I just dont understand how much respect he has for women, but I was just a little bit dissapointed by it for some reason... now I feel odd since I was dissapointed by that, but I dont care!!

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Jinbeifan1: Not a battle. Some people are raised that way, he does come from an old fasion samurai background. This barely has anything comparable to Sanji's behaviour. It's not like he beleives she can't fight, it's personal moral ideals that are holding him back that Yes Sanji acts like an idiot around girls but he has beaten one with maximum effort, even if it's just a cooking contest.

Call me old-fasion, but Personally, If I would to have been put in a simialar situation(not that I read/watched that yet), it would be a bit of a problem for me as well. That's my subjective answer though, and some will disagree.

Post by taichokage (14,837 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Everything Killer_of_Trolls said. Including that this isn't a battle. But yeah I'm a bit surprised, but Zoro never really fought women before except Kuina as a child. I imagine most of the mugiwaras males are like that to some extent. Luffy is probably the only one not affected by chivalry.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Jinbeifan1:

It was use so Tashigi would get to fight, I knew this was going to happen since she wasn't really a swordswoman and Zoro usually just fight people who use swords

Post by othus12 (7,731 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i think thats because tashigi is the one that will defeat her, you know..for the sake of the plot. and as destinyheroknight said, she isnt really a swordsman so he may not be that interested.

@taichokage: i wouldnt be so sure about that

Post by taichokage (14,837 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Well come on. She looked and acted like a man. And he did show her mercy.
Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Other people have raised the point that Zoro might not know the type of haki needed to harm logia opponents.
One of Monet's lines implies that she's realised Zoro might not actually be able to beat her. When Tashigi slashes her Monet also expresses her surprise saying "ugh, a swordsman that can use haki."

@Petiew: zoroI'm pretty sure zoro knows more about haki than tashigi, hes much stronger. I think that you only need an awareness and a certain amount of armament haki, because she didnt need to embue it in haki so that means just being able t focus it will harm a logia type. the reason she said that is because if he doesnt have the will to hit her, then he is going to lose

@Jinbeifan1: Well either way, I'm sure we'll find out what's actualy going on next week.

well... Zoro was a badass whether he actually hurt her or not XD I have to say this last chapter was pretty friggin awesome!!!

@Killer_of_trolls: btw me posting it in the battle section was totally an accident, why its still here i dont know why lo

@Petiew: so he doesnt like to hit women... i wonder if luffy is the same? although after the amazon lily arc I guess not lol although i think he tries to avoid it

Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Jinbeifan1: I remember Luffy punching Alveda into the sky in the first few episodes and then he punched Miss Valentine easily for trying to interrupt his fight with Zoro.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage said:

Luffy is probably the only one not affected by chivalry.

I don't even think he knows enough about gender differences. The kid really needs a health class, or a talk, or something.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Jinbeifan1:

I feel like he was talking to you LOL!

Anyway, I more mad at Tashigi then Zoro, since she have to be save again

@Jinbeifan1: Yep you were right. I doubt Luffy is the same though I remember him hitting a couple of named women, but I thought the same about Zoro so who knows. 

Kind of dissapointed, not that I want Zoro to go around slicing up women but it just seemed kind of forced. I guess he doesn't want to see other women die after what happened to Kuina. Maybe he blames himself and doesn't want it to happen again?
damn... I dont care what kind of durability feats somebody has, you get stabbed in the heart you are dead... poor monet :I I thought she would last longer
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Jinbeifan1: You do realise this is the battle section? Make a thread in the manga section if you need to talk about the chapter.

It was a good chapter though.

@ohgodwhy: i know it was an accident, but the moderators dont seem to want to move it haha

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Jinbeifan1: Yeah it's pretty old, I would've thought Sonata would've moved it by now but oh well.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel