Cole MacGrath vs Avatar Aang

Topic started by CerberusPrime3k on Oct. 9, 2012. Last post by ImDictatorBowDown 2 years ago.
Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Cole has both Good and

Bad powers, (Fire/Ice) included.

Aang is an adult----->Young Aang pictures look better.

Don't know if he can but...No Blood-Bending.

Fight takes in Times Square

A Thunderstorm will begin to brew about an Hour after the fight begins who'll have the better advantage?

Who wins?

Post by Yusuke52 (441 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Not a bad match-up. Cole as Kessler might have been a better choice since he has teleportation

But I would say Aang wins simply because water destroys Cole (I remember running over to heal someone and I stood in the puddle beside him and fried everyone nearby).

Anything more than knee level and he will end up shorting himself out

Post by SMXLR8 (7,382 posts) See mini bio Level 16

aang is not anime?

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SMXLR8 said:

aang is not anime?

Technically no since the series was made in U.S. but nobody cares since it looks close enough

and also i say aang

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,139 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Aang would win pretty easily considering the water element, maybe if you switch aang with a fire bender who can manipulate lightning like Azula it could be a better match up, but even then I see Cole losing

Post by redbird3rdboywonder (180 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Aang

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Yusuke52: not in second game after getting the new elements.

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

Aang would win pretty easily considering the water element, maybe if you switch aang with a fire bender who can manipulate lightning like Azula it could be a better match up, but even then I see Cole losing

BS, end of the second game cole destoyes any fire bender, he can freeze them and shatter them into tiny peices. And this is adult Aang he would stomp any fire bender as well, seeing as he has full controll over Avatar state, 4 elements, and energy bending(can take there bending away).

Cole wins this hands down by Spamming fire storms, freeze bombs, and giant thunderbolts from the sky. Let's not forget great regeneration. Bad Cole absorbed "The Beast" which regenerated from a nuke! Also, Kole has a few cool telekinesis tricks. Furthermore, being at at a modern day city according to OP, cool can use his magnitisim to squish Aangy with any nearby car after freezing him. and cherry on top is Cole is a much better fighter than Aang.

@Killer_of_trolls: I dont know what you mean by this, as I stood in a pond during the final mission and near fired myself into oblivion. I mean sure he can jump out, but the fact that the water will move and follow him is going to make any kind of counter attack next to impossible.

All Aang has to do is fly straight into the air and raise the Ocean (He put out fires over an entire nation after his battle with Ozai). His speed while flying allows him to avoid every one of Coles attacks.

Coles biggest weakness is one of Aangs biggest strengths.

He could lock him in an earthen prison, then drown him, collapse the buildings around them and crush Cole like that, bring up two walls around Cole and crush him like that, open a hole beneath him and colapse it, killing him.

The Avatar State gives him too much of an advantage on Cole as he lacks any real flight of his own. Even without it, this is Adult Aang, we can only say he should be at least as powerful as Roku given his progression. And Roku was casually making trenches across an island to divert lava, and that was without the Avatar State.

Aang is far to powerful and fast for Cole to handle, water bending puts cole in a real up hill struggle to even entertain the thought of him winning.

Aangs attacking methods are FAR to diverse for him to handle.

Johns powers were never stated in the OP, so he would not have them.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

we can only say he should be at least as powerful as Roku given his progression.

no we can't, and we shouldn't. All we know about Adult Aang is that silly beard(Aangbraham Lincoln,lol). Speculation is a bad source for a debate.

Johns powers were never stated in the OP, so he would not have them.

Battle forum rules clearly state that if the time period of character is not stated in OP, only use current/final version. Ofcourse I am disregardding add-ons like Blood Festival, cause they're kinda of extra, and must have OP confirmation. Cole absorved the beast in the end, this has nothing to do with White.

He could lock him in an earthen prison, then drown him, collapse the buildings around them and crush Cole like that, bring up two walls around Cole and crush him like that, open a hole beneath him and colapse it, killing him.

Out of character. If it wasn't so, he would have done it to Yakone :b

OP says nothing about IC, Morals, or Bloodlust. default settings apply.

All Aang has to do is fly straight into the air and raise the Ocean

Ocean? there in time square that's too far, Cole would have killed him by then.

Aangs attacking methods are FAR to diverse for him to handle.

I don't think so.

Lightning will drop from the sky, and Aang shall fry.

Cole will suck the life out of Aang as energy.

with infinite energy he'll just keep spamming different attacks.

@Killer_of_trolls: So you are suggesting that a 40 year old Adult Aang has not increased in strength at all since he beat Phoenix King Ozai, to a level that his predecessors reached in their mid to late 30's? Its safe to say that he is around their level of power given he has had 30 years to increase his strength, this should also be clear given that his mastery over the Avatar State allowed him to break free for some very powerful bending and wake him up after he was knocked unconcious.

Current/final version? Cole absorbed the powers of John White (AKA The Beast, or were you not following the story?) through the non-canon bad ending. Unless stated otherwise we should be using the strongest Canon version of Cole, the one where he is fighting The Beast during his good ending. The only difference here is that he is also granted the bad skill tree and the powers of the fire skill set.

The only way to make a fair fight in my eyes is to have them going at their all to beat their opponent, anything outside of this leaves far to much up to the imagination. You can't account for how Adult Aang will feel fighting Cole conversley you cant account for how Cole will feel fighting Aang given that both would rather not kill anyone. All he has to do is immobilize him by binding his entire body in stone to win the fight, and that is an easy way for him to win since the ground is right there and there are very few attacks that Cole can use to break through it.

He took Yakone's bending away, he cant do the same to Cole most likely, which means the only other option is to immobilize him or kill him. The fact that a relitevely low level of water causes him immense pain and virtually knocks him out, still makes this a viable way for Aang to win via flying into the air and bringing forth a small tsunami, You seem to overlook the fact that Aang can fly at very high speeds while in the Avatar State, and move at very high speeds while out of it, Much faster than Cole can in this regard.

if im not mistaken Manhattan is surrounded by water on virtually all sides, Aangs bending in his Avatar State can easily pull it to Times Square. There are also water and sewage pipes littered throughout the Square itself, there is no shortage of water near him.

Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire in one guy who can also fly? Yeah im afraid it is a far to diverse skill set for Cole to manage with just his powers.

I asume you are talking about the Ionic Storm? A simple air blast to knock him off his feet would suffice to negate the attack as an explosion that staggers me can ruin the attack. Also this attack only works on slow moving or stationary targets, neither of which Aang is...

As for Lightning Storm, that gives someone too much time to dodge, and since Cole can't control the power fully to the extent of fine tuning its movement it will be hard for him to land the attack.

Suck the life out of Aang? With Bio-Leech or Ionic Drain?

The first power which requires you to be down on the ground in a near dead state to begin with, the second only works on fodder and has no effect on boss level enemies. Lets over look this for just a second and remember how well Yakone did at immobilizing Aang out in the street and tried to kill hi... Oh wait he just went Avatar State, locked him in a prison of earth, and took his bending away, All the while sporting the troll face.

Infinite energy? Can you point this out in the OP im afraid I missed it, and In the event its not in the OP (Its not, I checked.) why are you turning it on? Its not part of the standard rule set.

You talk about Infamous as if you have never played the games before, if you had you would know that Bio-Leech and Ionic Drain only works on downed/fodder enemies and not boss level enemies, and any attack that requires use of an Ion Charge (Something which he can only use 3 times since there is no infinite energy here) can be intrupted by an attack strong enough to stagger Cole, and that The Beast was John White something which you seem to not know given this comment.

Cole absorved the beast in the end, this has nothing to do with White.

If it had nothing to do with White, The Beast would not exist at all.

John is also the one who GIVES Cole his powers, Cole does not absorb them at all, he is given them as John can't handle what must be done. His powers range from a much more advanced form of pyrokinesis, to absorbtion and distribution of energy to create conduits, high level regeneration, and increase of inhibit the powers of other conduits.

Yeah can you please tell me your experience with these games, I am starting to doubt you have played them at all. You should know all this already, but it seems you don't, or you are choosing to ignore them for some reason. I don't know why you would most of this is simple stuff or story based.

Kessler is a much better option thanks to his increased power and teleportation. And I stand by what I say in this thread, we can agree to disagree.

What I hope we can agree on is that Aang looks good sporting an Abraham Lincon beard!

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,139 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Killer_of_trolls: Well if this is Adult Aang this is a stomp, Aang won't be frozen because he could control the water in the ice much better than Cole can, spamming lighting won't do much if Aang surrounds him self in all his element as a barrier, especially since Cole would run out rather fast, as he would have to recharge. The avatar state could easily destroy Cole by flooding the city, hell in that state his air bending could break boulders, he could hurl rocks the size of buses, send small tsunamis around, and his fire bending was greatly improved to point were it outclassed Ozia.

The only Cole that could win this is the Cole at the evil ending of infamous 2, which i admit could probably beat Aang with little effort, but we are talking about Cole himself not the beast

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel