Coco (Toriko) vs Soi Fon

Topic started by takashichea on Jan. 5, 2014. Last post by taichokage 7 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (11,968 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I know you Toriko fans will hate me, a noob who keeps making Toriko threads despite not being up to date with the Toriko franchise. Sorry, just bear with me here. It was from the Cobra (Fairy Tail) vs Coco (Toriko). I got to keep my promise.

Combatants

• Soi Fon - She is the Captain of the 2nd Protection Squad of Soul Society and Commander of the Special Forces. Plus, I think she has the hots for Yoruichi Shihoin.
  • Coco - One of the Four Heavenly Kings, he is a former Gourmet Hunter who does fortune telling, and he's a lady killer with his dashing looks.

Restrictions and Scenarios

Feel free to correct me to make this fight fair.

1. Soi Fon (Shikai form only) vs Coco (Puffer Whale Arc)
  2. Current Soi Fon (all skills including Bankai) vs Current Coco

When you're taking a break from the battle threads, visit the Bleach Discussion (Manga) or the Toriko Discussion (Manga). I'll see you there!

Created thread for January 2014 Battle Theme by SpeedForceSpider. Be sure to promote his themes if you are a fan of his favorite manga and comic books!

Post by waybig1010101 (3,081 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Soi Fon did nothing to deserve round 2
Post by YoungChief (546 posts) See mini bio Level 8

OK so yes she loses scenario 2. But I think round 1 is actually pretty debatable, at the time, the Heavenly Kings actually did lack a lot of speed feats. Now, here's the thing, her Shikai works through venom, and as I'm sure most people here know, Coco is pretty much invulnerable to poisons outside of something like Venom from Bastard! Plus she'd have to touch him to do it, and his body is covered in poison as well, however, her Shikai ability counter-poison may be able to counteract that as well, I think round 1 is a good fight. But I'm really tempted to say that Soi Fon takes it due to the much greater speed she has over this incarnation of Coco, you could argue that he could harm her with his more acidic poisons like Aqua Regia, but really I just think she'd dodge it

Post by taichokage (13,021 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Aizen set her up for round 2. She would actually take round one with relative ease but get exterminated in round 2.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,782 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Round 1 may actually go to Soifon, but Round 2 ...

Post by othus12 (6,705 posts) See mini bio Level 13

in round one she should be able to speedblitz.

in round two....oh god....i wouldnt want to look at what happens to her.

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Round one could go to soi fon. But current Coco was able to mess up grinpatch, and survive being tens of thousands of metres underground. Plus he has other hax attacks, he would stomp most of bleach in one go never mind soi fon.

So true.
Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,429 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage said:

Aizen set her up for round 2. She would actually take round one with relative ease but get exterminated in round 2.

Pretty much.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,904 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@othus12 said:

in round one she should be able to speedblitz.

in round two....oh god....i wouldnt want to look at what happens to her.

This.

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

SMH!!!! Who hates Soi Fon so much that they want her to die this horribly? She can maybe win round 1, but round two is like a grown man kicking a baby in the head.

Post by takashichea (11,968 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ChromeDisaster: @SpeedForceSpider: @taichokage:

I welcome any changes to the scenarios. This battle thread is for you. I'm just a wiki editor just promoting Toriko and Bleach.

The problem with Toriko is that it's power scheme is fairly uncommon. Out of all the anime manga I've seen, I can't really put a series on equal footing with Toriko yet. They're either too far above like Jojo's, Saint Seiya, and most of DBZ, or too far below like nearly all of the power 6, Fairy Tail, Magi etc. Also there are notably fewer anime/manga characters with raw strength feats compared to Comics but Toriko is an exception to this as well. Every time the Kings and other noteworthy characters make a new appearance, their power increases greatly. I'd say the version of Coco that's closest to Soifon's level is the Regal Mammoth arc Coco. Although I feel he's slightly beneath her still. But the next time he gets a serious fight he's already too far above Soifon and pretty much any other Captain possibly excluding Yamamoto/Aizen. And current Coco is just above the HST. Not saying he could necessarily solo the HST like Zebra or Sani probably could but he shouldn't lose any Of them 1 on 1.
Post by Low (1,371 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

@taichokage: I would not say Torikoverse is below HST.

For example:

= Jirou knocked out Earth (about x4 size of regular Earth) while in a sealed state.

= A single of Sani's Satan hair strand can wipe all life on Earth, with a range that exceeds planatary level.

= Midora's overall power has been compared to the impact of a Giant meteor, another life wiper.

= Zebra is also at least planet level IMO.

I actually said that the HST were below Toriko in terms of power. Maybe my wording wasn't good.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel