Cloud Strife vs Saber

Topic started by Stingerrain on Oct. 8, 2012. Last post by TheBlackDragonz 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Stingerrain (449 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Vs
Vs

10 minutes of prep.

Full knowledge for both.

Cloud's Materia in this fight are Fire and Thunder; he also has access to his limit breaks.

Saber has access to Avalon.

Bloodlusted.

Winner by Death.

Fight takes place in an open grassy field at night.

Who wins?

Post by othus12 (7,918 posts) See mini bio Level 13

saber wins with excaliburrrr

Post by Fehafare (9,641 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Avalon + Excalibur = GG Cloud.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Cloud could pull a win if he was AC Cloud. FFVII Cloud loses tho.

@SpeedForceSpider: I don't see how he will do anything as long as Saber has 4 limbs and Excalibur.

@Fehafare: I said he'd only win if he was as strong as he was in AC. I said the Cloud that is pictured loses already. No need to go any deeper.

Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
FF7 and AC are all one continuity. Anyway, as long as Saber has Avalon, she can't be critically hurt or killed. Even though Cloud is more than a match for her in combat,, if she can't be killed there's almost no point. Plus, Fire and Lightning are pretty much useless and I assume someone watched the Death Battle vid with Link vs Cloud. Not a bad match, except Cloud's gear was deliberately kept low to keep him from being nigh-invincible. Just giving him Fire&Lightning materia is like a wangsmack to the face. They both have the same effect, different elements, was never going to get passed the Hyrulian Shield (aka Mirror Shield).

Same thing here. Doesn't matter if he has this magic when it can't bypass Avalon. But we have to be honest, if Cloud had access to his materia and other gear, he'd pretty much one shot Link and Saber. Would anyone honestly think they could stand up to a Bahamut Zero?

@SpeedForceSpider: I suppose the purpose of a thread is to start a debate, so why not?

I don't see anything Cloud can do in any for to win, which is why i ask.

@Fehafare: This match was made to be in Saber's favor obviously because if he had all his gear he'd pretty much rape her. I change my mind the reason Saber wins is because of how Cloud is set up with only lightning and fire. If he could use his summons and Ultima Weapon he curbstomps.

@SpeedForceSpider: And i'm just gonna ask, how/why?

Remove Avalon and Cloud kills her. Omnislash v5.

@Fehafare: I edited my post.

@SpeedForceSpider: I fear that you are trying to use gameplay mechanics to justify something, which is a no go, most materia is featless and summons aren't even accepted in vs matches (not that it matter as he gets excaliblasted before he can do it).

@ReiKai: She doesn't even need it, he doesn't have the speed to speedblitz and he won't dodge or survive Excalibur either, and he couldn't get past invisible air anyway so...

@Fehafare: Why do you whine about people using gameplay mechanics? I don't need them to prove my point here. And I am getting the impression you do not have Knowledge of anyone here but Saber. And how fast will that hit him because Cloud is massively hypersonic.

Sephiroth can do things like this while playing around,

And these aren't game mechanics. Cloud still manages to beat him. Someone needs to see Advent Children Complete.

@ReiKai: Nice feats. And don't forget Cloud's lightning dodging feats which is a pretty good speed feat. Fehafare claims Cloud doesn't have good speed feats but he really does.

Cloud does have an appearance in Dirge of Cerberus as well. Crappy Gameplay, great story and cutscenes. 

@ReiKai: Nice. I always wanted to try Dirge Cerberus I heard that people only played it for the story and Genesis had a cameo appearance.

Genesis did at the very end, like secret after credits ending. If they'd taken the time to make the gameplay better and add some replayability, like actually being able to use the upgrades and weapons you get later and using them in an earlier part of the game when "re-doing" that level, it would've been nice. Instead when you reboot a level you completed, you only ever have the Health, gear and munitions of that level. Ever. So getting and upgrading the Silver Gun is a complete waste of time.

If they had just taken the time to fix those few things, the game would've been completely epic.

@ReiKai: Sounds shitty. A good reason why I like Crisis Core the best out of the FFVII continuity. I have seen some gameplay on youtube and you seem to know what your talking about. They made beautiful cinematic cutscenes and mediocre gameplay.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel