Clash of the Titans

Topic started by Supercool99 on Aug. 19, 2009. Last post by FLCL1 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newdeath: as i said before very good analysis, without the fanboyism i guess
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis said:
" @Newdeath: as i said before very good analysis, without the fanboyism i guess "
Thank you. I never use fanboyism, the very thought of it annoys me.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Newdeath said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @Newdeath: as i said before very good analysis, without the fanboyism i guess "
Thank you. I never use fanboyism, the very thought of it annoys me. "

LOL
Post by JThree47693 (1,081 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Supercool99 said:
"@JThree47693 said:
"@Supercool99 said:
"Superman (current) and SSJ4 Goku (Current) vs Captain Marvel and SSJ4 vegeta  Rules: goku and vegeta are same power level Captain Marvel's lightning bolt counts as magic, but nothing else. Team 2 Know who they are fighting, but team 1 do not, although goku does sense the high energy levels and warns superman to be on the alert. "
Goku and Vegeta stalemate one another. As a matter of fact, Vegeta is a better fighter than Goku. He is more ruthless, and Goku has never actually beaten him. Vegeta wins against Goku, they are at the same powerlevel, Vegeta is physically stronger than Goku and he is a better strategist. he only reason Goku was better tan Vegeta in the manga is because he was the main character and all the whiney ass Goku fans wanted him to be the DBZ messiah. CM can take Superman. Team 2 wins this. "
Vegeta has never been at the same power level as goku, it is like saying that kid goten was at the same level as kid trunks. Vegeta is a much better fighter than the goku displayed in dbz, because for some stupid reasons, the writers watered down his skill. Goku is physically stronger and I don't think that vegeta is necerssarily the better strategist, goku was much smarter in the cell saga, superman can easily take CM, CM is inferior to him in every way but has beaten him 4 times, Superman is better than CM. Goku is the main character, vegeta admitted that goku was the best. Goku has never beaten vegeta, but that is not how vegeta saw it, he got mucked up by kaioken, and he does not like to turn into a monkey, and so he wanted a true battle with goku. No offence but current goku is light years ahead of vegeta. So even if Captain marvel is too strong for Superman, they would still win because goku would have finished vegeta.  However, you make a valid point, if I had stuck to gt goku, and vegeta theoretically was at the same power level as goku, I too think that he would win, unless goku uses instant transmission, and so it would be close. "

The OP clearly states that Goku and Vegeta are at the same powerlevel. How could you not see that? Hell, you're the one that made the thread! I still say team 2 takes this. CM isnt inferior to Superman in anyway. He is as strong and fast as he is. Of course they are going to make Goku the strongest character in DBZ, he is the main character. But on here, we throw that all to the side. The OP says they are at the same powerlevel, Vegeta is a better fighter than Goku. He is physically stronger than Goku. The only thing Goku has on Vegeta is IT. Vegeta would win in a fight if they were at the same PL and no "oh Goku is the main character so he should win" Team 2 wins, but they have their work cut out for them.
@JThree47693 said:

" @Supercool99 said:

"@JThree47693 said:
"@Supercool99 said:
"Superman (current) and SSJ4 Goku (Current) vs Captain Marvel and SSJ4 vegeta  Rules: goku and vegeta are same power level Captain Marvel's lightning bolt counts as magic, but nothing else. Team 2 Know who they are fighting, but team 1 do not, although goku does sense the high energy levels and warns superman to be on the alert. "
Goku and Vegeta stalemate one another. As a matter of fact, Vegeta is a better fighter than Goku. He is more ruthless, and Goku has never actually beaten him. Vegeta wins against Goku, they are at the same powerlevel, Vegeta is physically stronger than Goku and he is a better strategist. he only reason Goku was better tan Vegeta in the manga is because he was the main character and all the whiney ass Goku fans wanted him to be the DBZ messiah. CM can take Superman. Team 2 wins this. "
Vegeta has never been at the same power level as goku, it is like saying that kid goten was at the same level as kid trunks. Vegeta is a much better fighter than the goku displayed in dbz, because for some stupid reasons, the writers watered down his skill. Goku is physically stronger and I don't think that vegeta is necerssarily the better strategist, goku was much smarter in the cell saga, superman can easily take CM, CM is inferior to him in every way but has beaten him 4 times, Superman is better than CM. Goku is the main character, vegeta admitted that goku was the best. Goku has never beaten vegeta, but that is not how vegeta saw it, he got mucked up by kaioken, and he does not like to turn into a monkey, and so he wanted a true battle with goku. No offence but current goku is light years ahead of vegeta. So even if Captain marvel is too strong for Superman, they would still win because goku would have finished vegeta.  However, you make a valid point, if I had stuck to gt goku, and vegeta theoretically was at the same power level as goku, I too think that he would win, unless goku uses instant transmission, and so it would be close. "
The OP clearly states that Goku and Vegeta are at the same powerlevel. How could you not see that? Hell, you're the one that made the thread! I still say team 2 takes this. CM isnt inferior to Superman in anyway. He is as strong and fast as he is. Of course they are going to make Goku the strongest character in DBZ, he is the main character. But on here, we throw that all to the side. The OP says they are at the same powerlevel, Vegeta is a better fighter than Goku. He is physically stronger than Goku. The only thing Goku has on Vegeta is IT. Vegeta would win in a fight if they were at the same PL and no "oh Goku is the main character so he should win" Team 2 wins, but they have their work cut out for them. "
 Team 1 wins barely for the following reasons.

1. If both Vegeta and Goku have access to their Super Saiyan 4 forms then I would have to say Vegeta wins. Goku is barely more powerful than Vegeta and Vegeta is a much better fighter and a smarter fighter than Goku, Goku was a better strategist than Vegeta during the Cell Saga however it should be noted that during the Majin Buu Saga, Vegeta exceeded Goku's strategic and tactical genius as he was the one responsible for conducting the plan of creating a Super Spirit Bomb by gathering energy from the entire Earth and even Goku was unaware of this plan and during GT, Goku did not show any tactical skill greater than Vegeta's. 

2. I'd say Super Saiyan Vegeta would defeat Super Saiyan Goku because in terms of power Goku is barely more powerful if not as powerful for both Saiyans achieved the SSJ4 form and none were given a chance to train in said form. Vegeta's skill that far exceeds Goku's and the combination of his power and skill should be enough for Vegeta to defeat Goku however I am willing to accept it can go either way however I am favoring Vegeta for obvious reasons. 

3. Superman doesn't far outclass Captain Marvel's physical strength and doesn't outclass it at all to be technical. Both of them have been shown arm wrestling several times with none showing greater strength than the latter as they stalemated during all of their strength tests however current Superman is possibly stronger than Captain Marvel but only slightly but that is a hypothesis and cannot be taken as a fact here for there is no evidence supporting the claim that Superman is stronger other than the fact that he has more strength feats. 

4. Superman is by far the fastest of any of these fighters however Captain Marvel isn't that far off as Superman flies faster than the speed of light going as far as 500x the speed of light with no known upper limit and even Flash admitted that Superman is nearly as fast as him when his speed is augmented by The Speedforce to further increase his speed however Captain Marvel is sufficiently fast enough to fight Superman as he has shown the ability to fly over the speed of light in space flying several times faster than 186,282 miles per second/299,792,458 meters per second with no known upper limit to his speed. 

5. Captain Marvel however does have the advantage of energy manipulation and magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic however it should not be assumed that anyone with magic can defeat because he has sufficient resistance to magic to withstand magic by powerful beings who can exceed both Captain Marvel and himself in power. Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes limitless as he can tap into the ambient mystical energy of the universe and use it for any effect he desires including energy blasts etc. and this should be sufficient to cause considerable physical damage to Superman. 

6. In terms of durability to physical damage Superman is roughly more durable than Captain Marvel as he has greater, much greater feats of durability as he has flown through the cores of supermassive stars and emerged unharmed, withstood a supernova (an exploding star) explosion at blank point range without sustaining any visible physical damage and remain conscious and it should be noted that the star was more massive and hotter than the Sun. Though Superman is more durable, Captain Marvel is sufficiently durable enough to trade blows with Superman with both men not backing down and he can take most of Superman's hits. 

7. If Superman fought Vegeta instead of Captain Marvel then it would be different as Superman would utterly demolish Vegeta even in his Super Saiyan 4 form Vegeta would be physically dominated as Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta's full power like Goku's is not sufficient enough for him to defeat Superman as Superman outclasses him in every category except fighting skill, tactical genius and energy manipulation which won't aid him as even his most powerful attack would be nothing to Superman as no DBZ character has an attack that has the energy and power of a supernova explosion that can destroy multiple solar systems and Superman easily withstood the explosion.  

8. If Goku fights Captain Marvel then Goku would surely be defeated for roughly the same reason why Vegeta would lose to Superman however Goku does not have an energy manipulation advantage as Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes unlimited. 

9. Lets take a look at the hypotheticals and the alternatives in this battle. If Superman fights Vegeta he will win for reasons already stated above in my previous posts and will have not wasted much energy in doing so and will still be ready to fight in a prolonged battle as his stamina is virtually inexhaustible (virtually which means almost) and after doing so he will have enough energy to fight Captain Marvel and barely defeat him due to more fighting experience and slightly higher hypothetical physical power and this claim is supported by the fact that Superman has already defeated Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel would have also fought Goku whom he would defeat and would have likely wasted slightly more energy than Superman did when fighting Vegeta and would engage Superman in combat and ultimately lose in a prolonged battle. The other hypothetical would be Goku fights Vegeta and wins but would be forced to face Captain Marvel whom he would lose to as even at full power he is no match for him and he would have wasted immense energy during his fight against Vegeta however he would have the aid of Superman who was battling Captain Marvel prior to Vegeta's defeat. The other hypothetical and last one would be Vegeta defeats Goku and aids Captain Marvel against Superman but would likely be defeated as his energy would have decreased and would continue to deplete as Superman's energy would still be sustained because of his greater stamina and ability to absorb and store energy (solar/stellar energy) and Superman would defeat Vegeta and go on to defeat Captain Marvel. 

10. Superman has the greatest endurance in this battle as he was able to fight Infinity Man who possesses infinite power and energy enough to destroy an entire universe and Superman managed to hold his own for a given period of time until being finally defeated. All of the reasons why Superman and Goku win are stated above however this isn't an easy and they will barely win this battle.    

i was voting for team one in the first place
@Newdeath said:
" @JThree47693 said:

" @Supercool99 said:

"@JThree47693 said:
"@Supercool99 said:
The OP clearly states that Goku and Vegeta are at the same powerlevel. How could you not see that? Hell, you're the one that made the thread! I still say team 2 takes this. CM isnt inferior to Superman in anyway. He is as strong and fast as he is. Of course they are going to make Goku the strongest character in DBZ, he is the main character. But on here, we throw that all to the side. The OP says they are at the same powerlevel, Vegeta is a better fighter than Goku. He is physically stronger than Goku. The only thing Goku has on Vegeta is IT. Vegeta would win in a fight if they were at the same PL and no "oh Goku is the main character so he should win" Team 2 wins, but they have their work cut out for them. "
 Team 1 wins barely for the following reasons. 1. If both Vegeta and Goku have access to their Super Saiyan 4 forms then I would have to say Vegeta wins. Goku is barely more powerful than Vegeta and Vegeta is a much better fighter and a smarter fighter than Goku, Goku was a better strategist than Vegeta during the Cell Saga however it should be noted that during the Majin Buu Saga, Vegeta exceeded Goku's strategic and tactical genius as he was the one responsible for conducting the plan of creating a Super Spirit Bomb by gathering energy from the entire Earth and even Goku was unaware of this plan and during GT, Goku did not show any tactical skill greater than Vegeta's.  2. I'd say Super Saiyan Vegeta would defeat Super Saiyan Goku because in terms of power Goku is barely more powerful if not as powerful for both Saiyans achieved the SSJ4 form and none were given a chance to train in said form. Vegeta's skill that far exceeds Goku's and the combination of his power and skill should be enough for Vegeta to defeat Goku however I am willing to accept it can go either way however I am favoring Vegeta for obvious reasons.  3. Superman doesn't far outclass Captain Marvel's physical strength and doesn't outclass it at all to be technical. Both of them have been shown arm wrestling several times with none showing greater strength than the latter as they stalemated during all of their strength tests however current Superman is possibly stronger than Captain Marvel but only slightly but that is a hypothesis and cannot be taken as a fact here for there is no evidence supporting the claim that Superman is stronger other than the fact that he has more strength feats.  4. Superman is by far the fastest of any of these fighters however Captain Marvel isn't that far off as Superman flies faster than the speed of light going as far as 500x the speed of light with no known upper limit and even Flash admitted that Superman is nearly as fast as him when his speed is augmented by The Speedforce to further increase his speed however Captain Marvel is sufficiently fast enough to fight Superman as he has shown the ability to fly over the speed of light in space flying several times faster than 186,282 miles per second/299,792,458 meters per second with no known upper limit to his speed.  5. Captain Marvel however does have the advantage of energy manipulation and magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic however it should not be assumed that anyone with magic can defeat because he has sufficient resistance to magic to withstand magic by powerful beings who can exceed both Captain Marvel and himself in power. Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes limitless as he can tap into the ambient mystical energy of the universe and use it for any effect he desires including energy blasts etc. and this should be sufficient to cause considerable physical damage to Superman.  6. In terms of durability to physical damage Superman is roughly more durable than Captain Marvel as he has greater, much greater feats of durability as he has flown through the cores of supermassive stars and emerged unharmed, withstood a supernova (an exploding star) explosion at blank point range without sustaining any visible physical damage and remain conscious and it should be noted that the star was more massive and hotter than the Sun. Though Superman is more durable, Captain Marvel is sufficiently durable enough to trade blows with Superman with both men not backing down and he can take most of Superman's hits.  7. If Superman fought Vegeta instead of Captain Marvel then it would be different as Superman would utterly demolish Vegeta even in his Super Saiyan 4 form Vegeta would be physically dominated as Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta's full power like Goku's is not sufficient enough for him to defeat Superman as Superman outclasses him in every category except fighting skill, tactical genius and energy manipulation which won't aid him as even his most powerful attack would be nothing to Superman as no DBZ character has an attack that has the energy and power of a supernova explosion that can destroy multiple solar systems and Superman easily withstood the explosion.   8. If Goku fights Captain Marvel then Goku would surely be defeated for roughly the same reason why Vegeta would lose to Superman however Goku does not have an energy manipulation advantage as Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes unlimited.  9. Lets take a look at the hypotheticals and the alternatives in this battle. If Superman fights Vegeta he will win for reasons already stated above in my previous posts and will have not wasted much energy in doing so and will still be ready to fight in a prolonged battle as his stamina is virtually inexhaustible (virtually which means almost) and after doing so he will have enough energy to fight Captain Marvel and barely defeat him due to more fighting experience and slightly higher hypothetical physical power and this claim is supported by the fact that Superman has already defeated Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel would have also fought Goku whom he would defeat and would have likely wasted slightly more energy than Superman did when fighting Vegeta and would engage Superman in combat and ultimately lose in a prolonged battle. The other hypothetical would be Goku fights Vegeta and wins but would be forced to face Captain Marvel whom he would lose to as even at full power he is no match for him and he would have wasted immense energy during his fight against Vegeta however he would have the aid of Superman who was battling Captain Marvel prior to Vegeta's defeat. The other hypothetical and last one would be Vegeta defeats Goku and aids Captain Marvel against Superman but would likely be defeated as his energy would have decreased and would continue to deplete as Superman's energy would still be sustained because of his greater stamina and ability to absorb and store energy (solar/stellar energy) and Superman would defeat Vegeta and go on to defeat Captain Marvel.  10. Superman has the greatest endurance in this battle as he was able to fight Infinity Man who possesses infinite power and energy enough to destroy an entire universe and Superman managed to hold his own for a given period of time until being finally defeated. All of the reasons why Superman and Goku win are stated above however this isn't an easy and they will barely win this battle.     "

GOD DAMMIT NEWDEATH!!!!!!!!!!! XD Well, I concede defeat. Team 1 for the win(doesnt mean I like it....)
@JThree47693 said:
" @Newdeath said:
" @JThree47693 said:

" @Supercool99 said:

"@JThree47693 said:
"@Supercool99 said:
 Team 1 wins barely for the following reasons. 1. If both Vegeta and Goku have access to their Super Saiyan 4 forms then I would have to say Vegeta wins. Goku is barely more powerful than Vegeta and Vegeta is a much better fighter and a smarter fighter than Goku, Goku was a better strategist than Vegeta during the Cell Saga however it should be noted that during the Majin Buu Saga, Vegeta exceeded Goku's strategic and tactical genius as he was the one responsible for conducting the plan of creating a Super Spirit Bomb by gathering energy from the entire Earth and even Goku was unaware of this plan and during GT, Goku did not show any tactical skill greater than Vegeta's.  2. I'd say Super Saiyan Vegeta would defeat Super Saiyan Goku because in terms of power Goku is barely more powerful if not as powerful for both Saiyans achieved the SSJ4 form and none were given a chance to train in said form. Vegeta's skill that far exceeds Goku's and the combination of his power and skill should be enough for Vegeta to defeat Goku however I am willing to accept it can go either way however I am favoring Vegeta for obvious reasons.  3. Superman doesn't far outclass Captain Marvel's physical strength and doesn't outclass it at all to be technical. Both of them have been shown arm wrestling several times with none showing greater strength than the latter as they stalemated during all of their strength tests however current Superman is possibly stronger than Captain Marvel but only slightly but that is a hypothesis and cannot be taken as a fact here for there is no evidence supporting the claim that Superman is stronger other than the fact that he has more strength feats.  4. Superman is by far the fastest of any of these fighters however Captain Marvel isn't that far off as Superman flies faster than the speed of light going as far as 500x the speed of light with no known upper limit and even Flash admitted that Superman is nearly as fast as him when his speed is augmented by The Speedforce to further increase his speed however Captain Marvel is sufficiently fast enough to fight Superman as he has shown the ability to fly over the speed of light in space flying several times faster than 186,282 miles per second/299,792,458 meters per second with no known upper limit to his speed.  5. Captain Marvel however does have the advantage of energy manipulation and magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic however it should not be assumed that anyone with magic can defeat because he has sufficient resistance to magic to withstand magic by powerful beings who can exceed both Captain Marvel and himself in power. Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes limitless as he can tap into the ambient mystical energy of the universe and use it for any effect he desires including energy blasts etc. and this should be sufficient to cause considerable physical damage to Superman.  6. In terms of durability to physical damage Superman is roughly more durable than Captain Marvel as he has greater, much greater feats of durability as he has flown through the cores of supermassive stars and emerged unharmed, withstood a supernova (an exploding star) explosion at blank point range without sustaining any visible physical damage and remain conscious and it should be noted that the star was more massive and hotter than the Sun. Though Superman is more durable, Captain Marvel is sufficiently durable enough to trade blows with Superman with both men not backing down and he can take most of Superman's hits.  7. If Superman fought Vegeta instead of Captain Marvel then it would be different as Superman would utterly demolish Vegeta even in his Super Saiyan 4 form Vegeta would be physically dominated as Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta's full power like Goku's is not sufficient enough for him to defeat Superman as Superman outclasses him in every category except fighting skill, tactical genius and energy manipulation which won't aid him as even his most powerful attack would be nothing to Superman as no DBZ character has an attack that has the energy and power of a supernova explosion that can destroy multiple solar systems and Superman easily withstood the explosion.   8. If Goku fights Captain Marvel then Goku would surely be defeated for roughly the same reason why Vegeta would lose to Superman however Goku does not have an energy manipulation advantage as Captain Marvel's energy manipulation is for all purposes unlimited.  9. Lets take a look at the hypotheticals and the alternatives in this battle. If Superman fights Vegeta he will win for reasons already stated above in my previous posts and will have not wasted much energy in doing so and will still be ready to fight in a prolonged battle as his stamina is virtually inexhaustible (virtually which means almost) and after doing so he will have enough energy to fight Captain Marvel and barely defeat him due to more fighting experience and slightly higher hypothetical physical power and this claim is supported by the fact that Superman has already defeated Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel would have also fought Goku whom he would defeat and would have likely wasted slightly more energy than Superman did when fighting Vegeta and would engage Superman in combat and ultimately lose in a prolonged battle. The other hypothetical would be Goku fights Vegeta and wins but would be forced to face Captain Marvel whom he would lose to as even at full power he is no match for him and he would have wasted immense energy during his fight against Vegeta however he would have the aid of Superman who was battling Captain Marvel prior to Vegeta's defeat. The other hypothetical and last one would be Vegeta defeats Goku and aids Captain Marvel against Superman but would likely be defeated as his energy would have decreased and would continue to deplete as Superman's energy would still be sustained because of his greater stamina and ability to absorb and store energy (solar/stellar energy) and Superman would defeat Vegeta and go on to defeat Captain Marvel.  10. Superman has the greatest endurance in this battle as he was able to fight Infinity Man who possesses infinite power and energy enough to destroy an entire universe and Superman managed to hold his own for a given period of time until being finally defeated. All of the reasons why Superman and Goku win are stated above however this isn't an easy and they will barely win this battle.     "
GOD DAMMIT NEWDEATH!!!!!!!!!!! XD Well, I concede defeat. Team 1 for the win(doesnt mean I like it....) "
LOL

newdeath cause's deaths to threads LOL
@FLCL1 said:
"newdeath cause's deaths to threads LOL "

Yes he does. I was actually think Team 2 would take this until he came and posted.

DAMN U NEWDEATH!!!!!!!!! XD jk
@FLCL1 said:
" DAMN U NEWDEATH!!!!!!!!! XD jk "
ROTFL

the mods need to start locking LOL
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel