Charmander vs Squirtle vs Bulbasaur

Topic started by dbzmeister on Sept. 29, 2012. Last post by bigz007 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by dbzmeister (45 posts) See mini bio Level 6

The most important decision of your childhood life... Which was your favourite and why?

Mines Squirtle because he is awesome in every way, he wore sunglasses and had a gang. He also evolved into the absolute beast known as Blastoise, let's all just forget Wartortle ever existed eh?!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Looking at it logically in the long run, Charmander was the best because Charizard has higher stats than the other starters and is dual type flying and fire with few dragon moves. Also dragons are cool.

But looking at it in terms of someone just coming into the pokemon world then Bulbasaur would be the best. It's naturally better against the first two pokemon leaders and it evolves into it's final form 4 levels before the other two starters.

I was never a big Squirtle fan because Bulbasaur and Charmander always seemed the more obvious starter options to me.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Charmander

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Charmander...

Fire>Grass...

AND

Water types are weak against fire type... as well, so yeah Charmander wins... lol

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Anime Ash's Squirtle stomps, but otherwise, Charmander.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Charmander is the best out of these three.

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Squrrtle for me, because of the Blastoise I had way back in the day. He was a nightmare match-up aganist Fire, Electric and some grass pokemon.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

starters are always like this

Fire: sucks early game best late game

Water: Always decent

Grass: Best early game pathetic late game

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Elfenlied1012 said:

starters are always like this

Fire: sucks early game best late game

Water: Always decent

Grass: Best early game pathetic late game

LOL! So true!

Post by dbzmeister (45 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I always ended up with all three anyway. There is noone who definently turns out strongest stat wise, it was always dependent on how you trained them, if you used the rare candy cheat (ahh the memories), for instance your speed etc would be slower. My Blastoise was always an absolute beast, having said that i generally always favoured the water pokemon totodile in Silver/Gold amazing as well.

Post by Guyver (3,405 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Bulbasaur.

It might be because I'm bias. While Charmander is the strongest and Squirtle is the most durable, I find Bulbasaur to be the smartest Pokemon to use among the three starters--with strategic moves like Stun Spore, Sleeping Powder, Poison Powder and its life-absorbing attacks.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Charmander, I've always picked the fire-type, it's generally the most powerful and it's my preference anyway. I just prefer fire over water and grass. I pretty much defeat everything in the game with my starter and just catch other Pokémon to fill the Pokédex and use as HM slaves, until legendary Pokémon start showing up, then I add those to my party.

Though I did mix things up in Pokémon Black and started training three or four Pokémon instead. I haven't played that in weeks though... I need to pick it back up at some point.

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Squirtle is awesome

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Charmander!!!!

Post by st0nnec0ld (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Charmander.

Squirtle is pretty cool but it's only one type(water). Bulbasaur just isn't good.

Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9

squirtle > charmander > bulbasaur

bulbasaur > spuirtle > charmander

charmander > bulbasaur > squirtle

charmander wins

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

My first choice is always fire type because first region is always in the woods and there you can easily catch alot of grass types. When you get good grass type you can go for good water type. That was always my strategy.

so for me is like this:

1. Charmander
  2. Bulbasaur
  3. Squirtle
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel