Captain Ginyu (In Goku's Body) vs. Zarbon

Topic started by Sonata on July 2, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20
  • Win by KO or Death
  • No Body Change Technique
  • Zarbon can't Transform
  • Fight takes place on New Planet Namek

Combatants

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Probably Zarbon. Jeice measured Captain Ginyu's power level at 23,000 and said it was falling. If the fight its prolonged then Zarbon will win and I can imagine Captain Ginyu showing off in his new body for long enough before Zarbon gets the upper hand.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Ginyu might win...

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,941 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

@DBZ_universe: How? Ginyu in Goku's body was garbage, he got thrashed by Gohan and Krillin and they were barely 20k.

@SpeedForceSpider: That is true... also he doesn't even know how to use Goku's techniques...

Post by ReiKai (3,515 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Zarbon's PL, however, is only around 20-22k himself and only around 28k when Transformed. Ginyu and Zarbon will start off on about even footing, and if you don't know, dealing with 2 people at once is harder than dealing with a single fighter. Especially when they're both half your size and capable of attacking you at once.

However, as the fight was progressing, Ginyu was adjusting to Goku's body and was beginning to draw out more of its strength. The only problem is he didn't have enough time to learn how to fully utilize Goku's strength before Vegeta began wailing on him, and need I remind you that Vegeta by that point had a PL of over 60k. In this fight, however, Zarbon may not have the strength or ability to pull a win before Ginyu learns how to use Goku's body better and increase his power. Soon enough Zarbon, even transformed, would get completely overwhelmed.

@ReiKai: I'm fairly sure Jeice stated in the anime that Ginyu's power level was falling not rising, hence why Gohan and Krillin were able to beat him.

It's confirmed by the above two scans that while Ginyu was able to fight against them in the first scan, by the second scan he was getting his ass handed to him. On the next few panels his blasts aren't even able to hurt Gohan. Which is why I think he might have a chance at the start of the fight because his power level is probably above 23,000 but as the fight goes on his power level will drop and his chances of winning will fall.

You're forgetting that Gohan's PL has actually raised significantly since getting nearly killed by Recoome. It's not 20k, it's more along the lines of 40-50k. Also, character statements are the worst source. Also, I'd like to point out that Ginyu was getting stronger in Goku's body, which is why it ended up 3-1 when Goku (in Ginyu's body) joined in to help fight against Ginyu-Goku. Recall, Goku's PL was 90k. What hurt Ginyu most was the assumption that it was 180k when Goku used a 2xKaioken.

Jeice measured his power level at 23,000. In the manga Goku doesn't fight along side Gohan and Krillin and you can see from the scans and from reading the manga that he is either stagnant at 23,000 or as Jeice said, getting weaker.

Online Now

@ReiKai: That's BS and you know it. In DBZ it doesn't matter if your fighting two people or ten people, if your power is higher you can beat them all almost effortlessly. If you use that brain of yours, you'll remember Goku and Piccolo both came at Raditz and it changed nothing.

@ohgodwhy: I thought that was because they had more confidence in fighting, because Gohan was acting like a pansy at first.

@SpeedForceSpider: It's possible. Either way I don't think he was getting stronger, that was just added in the anime.

Online Now

@ohgodwhy: I never thought he got stronger or weaker just stayed the same.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@ReiKai: That's BS and you know it. In DBZ it doesn't matter if your fighting two people or ten people, if your power is higher you can beat them all almost effortlessly. If you use that brain of yours, you'll remember Goku and Piccolo both came at Raditz and it changed nothing.

It's not BS, and relying on what Jeice is utterly absurd. If you tried going by that, then what Frieza said should hold true as well, that Dodoria and Zarbon working together would've beaten Vegeta and would only have been an 'exercise' for them, despite Vegeta having a higher PL than them. And if you'd consider Thinking for a moment, Goku and Piccolo's PL during that time was little more than 400 while Raditz's was 1200, making him 3x stronger than them. And that only lasted until they got to charged attacks, to which Goku's Kamehameha reached over 900 and Piccolo's Makankosappo maxed at 1440.

Ginyu at the start in Goku's body was '23thousand'. Gohan was 18k after Guru awakened his potential and was well over 20k at the least after he was healed from the beating he received by Recoome. After all, Saiyans get a boon after recovering from critical injury. That's common knowledge. Plus, Krillin and Gohan were working in unison, their attacks came at the same time against Ginyu who had yet to understand the working of Goku's body.

Really, you've yet to understand one basic truth.

Power levels are bullshit after the Frieza saga. How were they bullshit up till that point? If your power level was stronger you won, that's pretty much how DBZ worked.

Power levels became bullshit after Toriyama continued the manga due to fan demand. The series was meant to end at the Frieza saga. After Frieza saga everything became skewed and made a lot less sense power level wise.

As for this battle, like I said Zarbon probably will win. Ginyu can't use any of Goku's key attacks and both Zarbon and Ginyu are effectively at the same power level. Maybe Ginyu's power level doesn't decrease but either way without having good knowledge of his new body he won't be able to win against Zarbon.

Online Now

@ReiKai: Ah but you're also forgetting Vegeta learned how to suppress his power. So Frieza had no way knowing what he was capable of as his power grew after every battle. Zarbon already beat Vegeta solo after Dodoria's defeat so a tag team wasn't necessary in the least. And I could careless about power levels because remember, Trunks raped both androids working in unison as they are notorious for mind you, so what does that tell you dude.

The last they clocked Vegeta's PL after he killed Qui was 24k. Vegeta had powered up to take him out. The suggestion that Zarbon and Dodoria teaming together could beat Vegeta was meant to keep Zarbon's transformation a secret. It's something he only does in a desperate situation.

As for Mirai Trunks and the Androids. In his Timeline, before he went back in time, he was capable of giving them a hard time in One-on-One encounters. But when they teamed up, Trunks was getting decimated. After Mirai Trunks went through time, After he trained in the Room of Spirit and Time, and After he was brought back to life from a gaping hole in his chest, he returned to the Future far more powerful than he was when he'd left and the reason why he raped the Androids then was because he was massively stronger than they were.

Basically, your entire argument is a load of crap.
Online Now

@ReiKai said:

The last they clocked Vegeta's PL after he killed Qui was 24k. Vegeta had powered up to take him out. The suggestion that Zarbon and Dodoria teaming together could beat Vegeta was meant to keep Zarbon's transformation a secret. It's something he only does in a desperate situation.

As for Mirai Trunks and the Androids. In his Timeline, before he went back in time, he was capable of giving them a hard time in One-on-One encounters. But when they teamed up, Trunks was getting decimated. After Mirai Trunks went through time, After he trained in the Room of Spirit and Time, and After he was brought back to life from a gaping hole in his chest, he returned to the Future far more powerful than he was when he'd left and the reason why he raped the Androids then was because he was massively stronger than they were. Basically, your entire argument is a load of crap.

@ReiKai: You're a goddamn fool. Do I have to spell things out for you? Nice rebut, ignore every FACT I stated and call my argument crap. Thats just piss poor trolling on your side. Trunks never I repeat never gave them a hard time prior to his training in the ROSAT please stop being stupid. You say my argument is crap but you can't even process that simple fact. Secondly, Vegeta only stated he wasn't sure he could take them both probably because it was easier to pick them off one by one. But the way, him one-shotting Dodoria shows a teamwork is futile and Zarbon could only win by transforming. Lastly, you are way off-topic use better examples not stupid ones.

Not once did it look like he did well, as you can see even one on one he can't even hold his own. They just toyed with him like he was a small child. Your argument is invalid and seems to be "crap" now huh?

Zarbon wins here, because Ginyu doesn't know any techniques of Goku... also I don't think Zarbon will give him time to learn any...

Also both are at 23,000... BUT Ginyu will decrease power, while that is happening Zarbon is gonna beat him... his power level at his original body is 160,000 (Ginyu).. I think he should had just never traded bodies in the first place IMO.

Second: for Mirai Torankusu

This is Mirai Torankusu getting owned by 17 and 18.... before ROSAT and Cell....

And this is after ROSAT and after Cell of course... Mirai Torankusu owned the Androids, and defeated them with ease... by having a much higher power level than them.

Third. Gohan and Krillin gave Ginyu (Goku body) hell because of his power decrease... so that is the reason Ginyu (goku) will lose here.. now like I said if he was in his real body, he could own Zarbon with ease even in transformation...

Online Now

@DBZ_universe: Precisely, never did he even remotely give them trouble before ROSAT only Gohan did. Also, I believe Gohan was slightly above that because of the Zenkai. It was just he was being a wuss about attacking Goku's body at first. Anyway, Zarbon obviously wins here because he has better ki control and Ginyu couldn't even function well in the new body.

@SpeedForceSpider: Agreed. Zarbon wins here

and Yes Mirai Gohan was above Mirai Torankusu (before he met Goku and trained with the Z fighters)... also we gotta take note... when he lost his arm, he wasn't going all out because he was worrying about Torankusu getting hurt or getting killed. And of course he got a Zenkai after.. and he still hold him self with the androids pretty well, regardless that he had one arm, but in the end he lost...

EDIT

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel