Captain America vs. Guts (BERSERK)

Topic started by ReiKai on Jan. 20, 2013. Last post by ReiKai 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10
This is Guts w/o the Berserker Armor. Cap is outfitted with his shield and armaments he used in WW2. It's the First Avenger against the Black Swordsman.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,759 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Interesting, my absolute favorite marvel character vs someone I know nothing about.

Post by Stingerrain (396 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I leaning a bit towards Guts, but I don't believe it'd be easy for him by any means. Still, I don't think Cap. could take many blows from Guts considering that his durability isn't very good. Then again, that could be potentially nullified by his shield...

Cap has a duralumin (hardened aluminum) scale armor worn beneath his patented body suit which is fire retardant. Cap's shield is nigh-indestructable, though the straps on the inside get replaced. Cap also has a Colt M191 semi-automatic pistol that holds seven round clips and several extra clips on his ammo belt, including three Mk-II Fragmentation Grenades (aka pineapple grenade).

Guts has the ever-present Dragon Slayer sword which has so far been unbreakable and wears black hardened steel plate armor along with his iron left hand with a built in mini black powder cannon (aka the cannon hand) with a magnetic grip to wield the Dragon Slayer. Guts also has a repeating wrist crossbow with a fairly high rate of fire which can be connected onto his false hand. He also has a pouch full of small black powder explosives and though they have a small effective blast range, when detonating in close they can cause some serious harm. Guts also has a belt of throwing knives and a dagger, plus his cloak is thickly woven for both warmth and an added layer of protection.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@MarioRedfield said:

Interesting, my absolute favorite marvel character vs someone I know nothing about.

I knew it! You always struck me as a cap kinda guy.

@UltimateHero0406: Yeah Superman is my favorite and Cap is my 2nd favorite... I thought I told you already? lol

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@MarioRedfield: Nope, we never talked about Marvel much lol.

Love this.

I don't know if this is really relevant, but Cap does beat people much stronger than him on occasion.

That is true. Though Guts kills monsters bigger and stronger than him on a regular basis.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,958 posts) See mini bio Level 15

If this was Guts in his earlier incarnation I think it would be more fair.

You mean before he was killing Apostles and he had a Breakable weapon against Cap who still has an indestructible shield and can take off the heads of large robots by throwing it and going head to head with Iron-Man? Yeah no Imma stick with Post-Eclipse Guts.
Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I think I'm gonna lean in Guts' favor in this match. The Black Swordsman without Berserker Armor has shown more impressive reaction time than Cap as he was able to fend off the supersonic speed attacks of the Apostle Rosine and I believe he's shown better feats in the strength and durability department as well with his casual use of the Dragonslayer in combat and the freakish amount of punishment he's taken from Apostles like Wyald and the Snake Baron. While the Supersoldier Formula does push Captain America's physiology beyond peak human limits, I don't believe he is quite near Guts' level of physical stats. I will agree though that Cap's Shield and his more extensive battle experience will give Guts a bit of difficulty in this match. However, Guts is well known to adjust his tactics on the fly in the heat of battle and is capable of delivering attacks that surprise his foes. While Cap's shield would help him fend against all of Guts' attacks, I don't picture the body armor worn under his costume holding up to too many blows from the Dragonslayer and he won't be able to use the shield to guard against all areas of his body. I can picture Cap dragging the battle out via his shield and experience, but I don't think he can take out Guts and it would be a matter of time before he faces defeat.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,958 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: Whatever.

Post by Fehafare (9,350 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Cap's gun might be a problem if Guts doesn't start in Berserker armor. But excluding that i'd give it to Guts due to more strength and endurance.

How much can Guts bench press?

Well Cap can evade and dodge machinegun fire and go toe t toe with Iron-Man, deflecting his repulsor beams. Cap is no slouch in his reaction times. AS for how much Guts can bench, is unknown. It is shown that he can wield the Dragonslayer single-handedly and the Berserk armor nulls pain and allows the wearer to use 100% of their bodies strength, which is why it causes so much damage to Guts since pain keeps people from exerting themselves to the point of harming their own bodies.

When using it Guts stopped and tossed aside a mast that was said would take twenty strong men with a pulley to put into place on a ship. Normally a person can only use 10% of their total strength. Given this, Guts is probably 3-4x stronger than a normal man his size. As he can stop blows from monsters like Zodd w/o the armor, this would seem to be accurate.

I wanted to do this match because, physically, these two are Very close. Though Cap gained his via the Super Soldier serum and Guts through extreme training, they are very much alike. I will say that in H2H combat, Cap has a definitive edge. However, in overall battle experience, Guts outweighs Cap. Cap didn't start training until he joined the military at 18. Guts was on battlefields since he was a child and forced to learn how to fight when he was a small boy by his adoptive father, Gambino. Guts killed his first soldier at the age of 8, people who were more than twice his age and double his experience.

Cap has learned to be unpredictable. Guts has learned to adapt and react to the situation and his instincts are superb. Guts can even assess individuals using weapons he's not familiar with.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,281 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@ReiKai: that pictures a LIE!!!!!

You really wanna try and argue with Guts?!
Post by Fehafare (9,350 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ReiKai: Cap doing anything around Tony other than being stomped is big ass PIS/jobbing/bad writing.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel