Canaan vs Revy 'Two Hands'

Topic started by Nerx on Nov. 22, 2009. Last post by HeeroYuy 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Ladies' gunfight

Synesthesia or
 Synesthesia or

She possesses the ability known as synesthesia which allows her to concentrate and combine her senses. She uses this ability as a radar of sort to locate others, to hack into mechanical systems, and to dodge/deflect bullets easily. If she overuses it, however, her strength will be exhausted and she will collapse.

Two Hands?
 Two Hands?

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Revy's uncanny skill has no use limits. My guess is she wins. 
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Lol...You disregard the fact that Canaan's senses making her godlike in preception. Also her speed was somehow inhuman. Revy's just a trigger-happy murderer compared to her.
@willyvereb: Yep a daredevil with a gun versus a two handed bullseye, one of the reasons i chose those two characters
Daredevil for Canaan? Very right. Charging the opponent in the face of furious gunfire while she's only armed with a knife...insane.
She took out 5 spec ops soldier with automatic guns with few knife slashes that way without a single scratch.  If you want to compare her speed to someone's then it should be the yakuza swordsman in second season(x2) with whom she needed trickery to win in the end. He split bullets with relative ease. And add her senses to the equation. I think the only gunfighter who has a chance against such an opponent in skill is Vash Stampede.
@willyvereb: Or Train Heartnet and Rushuna Tendo
@Nerx:
Well, yeah, but he wasn't much of a human. It's like  comparing Zaraki to Kenshin.:p
@willyvereb: guess so, vash isn't exactly one either
Yeah, but he's more about the "skill" not the insane powers...though Train isn't such absolute extreme in power either.
@willyvereb: 

He deflected bullets with his flippin gun
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nerx said:
" @willyvereb: 

"
errr so? look at people whom vash fight especially razlo the three punisher
@cfatalis: don't forget the mind controller
Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
You should really try reading the manga. Much clearer and better. Revvy isn't just a trigger-happy gunner, she's an expert. She's taken out military guys, terrorists, neo-nazis, yakuza, mercs and many others, including having to deal with Belalaika's men who're all ex-Russian Military and very, very good at being what they are. Not only that she took on Roberta in a fist fight after getting a concussion and a bullet in the shoulder, and Roberta is an expertly trained ex-soldier as well. And the fight was basically a stalemate.

Also, you forget what she did early on with her 'jitterbug' routine; jumping between speedboats with a machinegun in one hand and a grenade launcher in the other and takes out a half-dozen boats with 5-6 heavily armed guys on each boat. Revvy is just freakin awesome.

@ReiKai: Especially on the later chapters with Roberta , or the battle with the Yakuza but Mr.Chang still seems cooler to me
Revy does admit that she's not quite at Chang's level yet (which makes you wonder how good Chang really is), but she's still brutal. If you wanted a super-human kinda skill gunfight, mighta tried pitting Canaan against Brandon Heat from Gungrave, before he was Necrolized. Brandon was a beast of pure skill. Brandon was so good that even in his early 20's he could have his gun on you and you wouldn't even know he was in the room, despite being in plain sight. You especially didn't point your weapon at his friend Harry cause he'll smoke your ass before you can even draw it.
@ReiKai: better watch that and Chang could be damn good based on who his inspiration is [John Woo hint]
The Gungrave anime makes a whole lot more sense than the games did, and it was pretty awesome. And Brandon was pretty freakin epic. I actually place him higher up than Revy even before his necrolization when he became Grave (aka Beyond the Grave).
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
This is rather difficult for me to choose. Initially I was going to go with Canaan, as much as I hated the show she came from, but then I remembered that Revy took on the terminator and fought it to a draw...

Ultimately I think it would come down to a battle of stamina vs wits. If Canaan can use her power to do something as to restrict or finish off Revy early, it'd be her victory, but if it came out to being a battle of attrition, Revy would definitely have the upper hand.

Also, the kind of guns they each use (I think Canaan uses a Walther P99 or a S&W M&P .40 whereas Revy uses a Beretta 92) all use the same variants of ammunition, so neither would have an advantage over the other in terms of penetration. Accuracy is debatable considering Canaan prefers a two hands on the gun stability method, but it's not like Revy's natural accuracy has ever been a problem.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel